It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End the voting scam

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Elections mostly. But in the grander view voting that has any effect on the general populace. From the reactions I have read it's mostly about personal fear. Like someone opening the bathroom door and being caught spanking it.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Apollumi
Yep, the fear. Hard to dodge the fear isn't it. But if we are worried about burly guys or black panther's showing up at our door then we should already be worried. I think we did fine with getting over slavery and letting women vote. Or maybe I just have missed the plantations and women getting the beat down over voting.

Gotta do better than the fear tactic. I mean, if all we believe in is fear then we certainly deserve where we are heading. I think the most you'd have to fear is somebody's friend not talking to them because of how they voted. Right now though there are far greater things to fear.

I have far more fear that my vote is being hijacked, that our election systems are not secure, and that politicians cheat than I do about 10 burly men coming after me for voting for 'the wrong candidate.'

edit on 23-5-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
There are some strong and solid reasons for secret ballots.
today.yougov.com...

Just as there are some solid reasons for the Electoral College:
www.factcheck.org...

What should go, is the "winner take all" mentality of the electoral votes.

Add to this, the possibility of simply hacking the voting machines....

And we're still in need of reform of the process.
edit on 23-5-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Apollumi
Elections mostly. But in the grander view voting that has any effect on the general populace. From the reactions I have read it's mostly about personal fear. Like someone opening the bathroom door and being caught spanking it.

A private citizens vote should always remain private. Even a hint of intimidation is disenfranchising.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

About dead people voting. Yeah, that's one of the points. If communities tally their votes it would be very easy for people to say "Isn't this person dead? I thought they died like 10 years ago?". Public voting would allow verification on a micro scale and we'd flush out shenanigans real quick.

Let's put it this way. I am sure a lot of people would have preferred if those offshore banking accounts didn't come to light. But, ya know, transparency.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
TerryDon79/Apollumi,

TD79,
I believe in open-mindedness because it helps me grow mentally, cause I can think I have the right idea unless I view it from someone else's perspective. I actively seek out these interactions. Thanks again for replying!

Though sometimes you have to Agree to disagree, and nothing wrong with that..

Apollumi,

what do you think the result of public voting would be?

Choas? Maybe a better solution?

Also does it matter if chaos is an outcome? maybe that's what we need...

Onward and Upward!
45qpwo

a reply to: Apollumi

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 45qpwo

I'm all for open-mindedness, but the idea is flawed.

I'll leave the thread alone, as I think I made my point.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: 45qpwo

About chaos. Truth (verifiable election results), yes it could create chaos but I believe that sincerity wins over the long haul and sincerity requires truth. Honestly anything that disrupts our lives via change creates chaos. We are emotional record players tucked away in our emotion cave of choice. It takes courage to effect change. Lol, I don't think it would take that much courage for open elections and once it happened I think people would edge out of their emotional caves and blink in the light and enjoy the sun. Not saying they wouldn't stump their toe on the way out though.

Chaos is also the result of lies also. This is evident in the division on ATS and our society as a whole. The chaos that is ramping up is a result of the lies we have all embraced rising to the surface. Lies in politics, religion, etc. So yeah, truth is hard to handle but humanity always tries to get there even if it is awkward. Look at the chaos in nations where the lies have become so so deep. People dying in a struggle to get out of a hole that they got deeper and deeper into because nobody would stand up for simple truths.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I've been saying for years votes should be counted differently- that way we could tally them up and say "yeah, so, the game is rigged"

Internet voting, people. Get with the times- Mass doesn't have to send a guy on horseback with the tally back to washington anymore.

Make it public- but obfuscated. You register, get assigned a random number, and your vote is published publicly via that number.

That way people would have the ability to confirm their vote wasn't changed, and the number of voters would be public- so they could be counted by anyone.

Sure, there'd be a data breach now and then (because internet) where names/numbers get leaked- but generate new numbers for every vote and it's not really the worst thing.

The information gleaned from public votes would be enough to expose how broken the system is, although it wouldn't do too much about the zombies voting.

It would also open the door to a lot of other nifty features- like being able to vote on smaller things and bypassing many of the nonsense government positions where people you "vote in" make decisions for you- or even having votes count over time, giving you the ability to change your vote.
Just imagine the new breed of liars and thieves we'd create if every time one of those puppets opened their mouths, the actual votes changed and not just the polls?

Could just nix voting and go with a kingship. At least then these scumbags wouldn't need to lie about what they're doing.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Same here, now to see what others share. feel free to message me if you have any other thoughts you would like to discuss.

45qpwo

reply to: TerryDon79

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

In the case of Pia Farrenkopf, she was dead in her garage for two years when a vote was cast in the Michigan governor's race, in her name. Her body wasn't discovered for another three years.

AND, her family thinks she was murdered and in fear for her life.

Oh, and she worked with Obama's great uncle, Cecil Goeldner, installing core banking systems for Alltel (formerly Systematics, Inc.), in LIttle Rock Arkansas.

Oh, AND....Hillary Clinton, Vince Foster, and the Rose Law Firm represented Alltel (formerly Systematics, Inc.), in LIttle Rock Arkansas, which was suspected of installing PROMIS along with their banking software in core banking systems at banks across the globe.

So, yeah...I'd like to know who Pia *voted* for.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
A private citizens vote should always remain private. Even a hint of intimidation is disenfranchising.

I've been disenfranchised in every national election since the 2000 election. And I was disenfranchised by my own party/candidate in 2008.

I am all for a voluntary open vote system and I think a lot of people would be. That would probably be enough to verify accuracy better than the current system of exit polling and *faith.*

I have no faith.
edit on 23-5-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Privacy. People worried about privacy. Please excuse me whilst I puke. Yeah, a dramatic answer to the general direction of this thread.

Let me make this case about your so called privacy. I quit a job not long ago that paid me very very well. Dee Ohh Deee. Know why I quit, other than speaking in person to those three letter agencies on way too regular a basis. Maybe I got to know how truly little privacy you have. Of course there is the Enn Dee Ayyy. Job paid very well but eventually my conscience got the better of me. Most people, they would have sold their fellow man out every day for that amount of money. But let me tell you something, you have far less privacy than you currently imagine. The reason being. Every little monkey on the face of this planet will do anything for self preservation out of self exaltation or out of fear. A truly sad state of affairs. I have often wondered how to break humanity out of this. The answer I keep coming up with is truth, transparency, consciousness.

And, posting on the Internet and saying you are concerned about privacy is pretty damn funny. The direction people should probably fear is the one several are advocating. Oh, that smartphone, the one you carry on your hip. Yeah, you should have that thing in a faraday cage. Lol, privacy.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
We have secret ballots for a reason. We need to keep them, and we will no matter what you say. Voting isn't just for the POTUS. It's for local elections in your own neighborhood, like voting for the local pool or library, or for your next door neighbor for city council, or not. So just envision for a second. You are on speaking terms with your neighbor. He's running for City Council. You vote against him. So much for your neighborhood relations.

Another example. I gave money to a national conservative-leaning candidate a few elections back. I work in a very liberal environment. Suddenly the amount I gave was published on the web, searchable by neighborhood. My colleagues were then informed I was supporting the candidate they all opposed--with a sizable donation. Guess what that did to my working relationships? Any guesses, comrades?

This is not "fear." This ACTUALLY HAPPENED. I'll fight you tooth and nail to keep ballots secret, and I believe I am in the majority. Deal with it.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Apollumi,

You know you touched on a lot of good points there haha

So some rhetorical ?s

So what consist of that "long hual" and are most people ready for that? Also how long is long..

But as you mention maybe they are with a little push or "stumping their toe along the way"

We use this current system, because we don't want change? Or simply fear it?

Anyway..

You're right about what defines chaos, I believe chaos can be a good thing. Just controlledchaos..if that's the right way to put it.

Fortunately there are still individuals out there who do want to stand up just waiting for the right time. Just simply talking about it, is a step in the right direction.

So back to my original answer for this thread I do believe (for the most part) it doesn't matter. Too many variables in our society (completely different topic) but I'm all for trying a new system. At least it's a change!

Onward and upward,

45qpwo

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

So, make open voting a voluntary act. The more choice the better, IMO.

I would definitely cast an open vote for POTUS and Congress...I might not though for local races. No reason to take anyone's privacy away if they don't want that.

I think a voluntary open vote would be extremely valuable with regard to check & balances.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I am against any system that would permit intimidation and open voting would heavily promote that.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: schuyler

So, make open voting a voluntary act. The more choice the better, IMO.

I would definitely cast an open vote for POTUS and Congress...I might not though for local races. No reason to take anyone's privacy away if they don't want that.

I think a voluntary open vote would be extremely valuable with regard to check & balances.

they have open voting in North Korea....kim has received 100% of the vote every time...I can't think of one good reason to have it

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
what is privacy? Can you define that..

Just kidding

Cause...It literally does not exist, how is that a real thing anymore hahaha

The only things private now is the color of the turds people crap out everyday. If even that...

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I am against any system that would permit intimidation and open voting would heavily promote that.

And I'm not for a lot of things that can be exploited in our current election systems.

That's why I suggested it should be voluntary to cast an open vote. If you're worried about intimidation then don't cast an open vote.

I would choose to cast an open vote in national elections.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join