It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tears I Cried

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The tears I cried devoured me and to the depths swept me away. To the depths of a sea that I could not see, and that you could never visit. I drowned in the day in apathy, drowned in sorrow 'neath the night sky.

The tears I cried, why I never cried, lest there be shame for me. Shame it is to shed a tear, heaven there for those who hide, deep inside, their greatest pains, their greatest fears.

I held no love, for anyone, held my arms to take you all, to shed your blood, to skin your lives, for me, to know me, is to know horror.

Ever felt such dismay as the one who held your pain? And said to you that they would take it, all from you, the suffering. This is I, I a lie. For I take your pain, for all your love, I take your trust, and smash it all.

I drown now in a sea, a sea of tears, a sea of beers. I know not, and think not. Never did I love and love, love can never be mine.
edit on 22-5-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Tears are never shameful. And trust must be earned.
Very deep and sorrowful poem.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I agree, but then what shame, what disdain there must be for the one who lost it, the trust I mean. The one who breaks the trust. The one who trusted hates the other, and the one who was trusted hates himself.

Tears are shameful, but only mine. That is my logic, but you're aware of that.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384
Nice, tears are what make humans!

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12
I suppose then I am inhuman and prefer to be inhuman. The first for other reasons undisclosed, the latter for not wanting to shed a tear. Glad you enjoyed friend

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: Quantum12
I suppose then I am inhuman and prefer to be inhuman. The first for other reasons undisclosed, the latter for not wanting to shed a tear. Glad you enjoyed friend
If not crying makes one inhuman, then I must be superhuman!
I enjoy reading your work Tiamat, because you can delve into that dark place that I am unable to go in with my writing...I tend to want rays of sunshine through the clouds.

Here is a song I wish to draw inspiration from that my BF likes a lot, but I like to laugh too much and am unashamed to cry... so it's hard for me to tap into the darker side of things.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat
I am happy you enjoy it. One of the few pleasures I have or recognize in life is knowing/believing someone else enjoys my creations. They are meant to be what tears are for others, expressions of emotions. Rays through the clouds. I enjoy writing love. In fact tomorrow and this week I will hopefully be finishing a short love story so I will share it here on ATS though it may still take a while.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384 let me know when you post the love story! I look forward to reading it.😊

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Should I PM you with a link when it's up? Most of it is already on ATS in two threads, but with great distances between each entry. So I'll unify it all in one thread for whoever cares.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384 Yes, if you don't mind, please pm and link me when it is up... I look forward to it.

Hey, I care!... counts for a little... don't it? lol.
Don't underestimate your creativity or talent. I think it's better to have a little creativity than none at all and you've got a ton!
I had a pottery teacher tell the classroom once, that you are the only one that needs to love or like your work.
Of course, I find it lovely when others feel the same or can understand and share the creative force of ones art. I believe writing is an art and should be nurtured and cared for... so take care of your creative expression with love!😊

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I'll be sure to do so! I promise. I just hope to finish it...I've been lacking the emotion required for it. I know the ending already. I just need the words, the inspiration.

Of course it counts. And I care about you. I have open arms for everyone. If anyone needs help, then I am here and willing to help.

Honestly. I am one of the greater critics of my work. I end up hating it all. Either because it wasn't good from the start or grew bad as I was able to write what I deemed was better. So whatever liking of my work I have, it is temporary. But I don't see that as bad. My work is for the joy of others. So if they like it then of course I am happy.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384 I know what you mean about being a self critic.
Sometimes people like something I write and I look at it with shame. Sometimes I love something so much that I can't understand why people don't feel the same... didn't intend to rhyme just now, lol.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I take people's praise it makes me smile, but moments later I find myself disagreeing with them greatly. Ah well. Better this than to feel as if being the greatest. Heh the rhyme

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384 You are so right about feeling the greatest! lol! That's an insane route I don't recommend. I'm sure there are many wise sayings on the folly of vanity.
I'm feeling a seed of inspiration now, about the inflated moments many humans are capable of... I'm sure I've been there in some misguided delusion of sorts... not a good or healthy place.
Thanks for chatting with me, I've been having a good time and it's given me food for thought.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I always enjoy a good chat. Likely I will be descending to the depths of slumber now so I bid you a farewell and will be sending a bird with a message when the story is posted.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384 Good night then!

top topics

join