It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders announces plans for a new left party

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

No, not really.

If I go out and give, then I am doing for the least of these. It's very simple.

If the government takes and does things, I am not doing it.

Do I need to illustrate with an example?

What goes on is between you and Jesus and God, not you and the government and Jesus and God. Charity and works are from your hands directly. Helping the poor and needy is from your hands directly. There is no middle man. The government is a middle man in the sense that you do not ever actually sacrifice. You simply "give at the office." No one comes and says, "Write me a check to help these homeless over here. Can you spare some money for the food bank? Will you volunteer your time with Habitat to build that house?"

All you ever do is simply sign your tax form ... oh and vote to pay more on it all the time ... no, not even that. You vote to force others whom you perceive as having "too much" to pay more. You don't actually seem to want to pay much more yourself although you always gladly say you would pay "a few dollars more" when pressed.

That isn't charity.

Charity is when you directly give away your food, your money, your time to those who could use it right then. Instead of your latte, you stuff the money in the bell ringer's kettle or buy some cans for the local food bank. That's charity. Instead of going to the beach or the park, you go to the local Habitat build or soup kitchen and spend your day working for them. That's charity.

So which of the two do you really think Jesus was actually talking about?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

The notion of "ending income inequality" through, I expect, more government reform, as opposed to providing the freedoms to achieve whatever incomes an individual wishes, is particularly tyrannical. Bernie's classism and plight for equality of outcomes is to limit the freedom to choose one's course in life. It's the opposite of compassion.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That isn't charity.

It isn't. It is actually the exact opposite.

One cannot prove to himself or others that his extra tax dollars are going to help others. For all he knows he is putting his money into the military or paying the wages of politicians.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

what happened to the tea party ? they seemed to start out ok, then just went off the rails

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I quoted some Bible verses.

This is all your reaction.

It seems as if you have some explaining to do, either to yourself or ... someone.

Remember: it's all hoodoo to me, including your elaborate explanations for simple things like "love thy neighbor."

Don't waste your time.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

This is a work of fiction. It says so at the beginning:

(This is a thought experiment based on some of the discussion taking place around the need for the Sanders campaign to “continue the struggle” after Clinton becomes the Democratic Party candidate for president. It is of course highly unlikely that Sanders would ever follow such a path so in terms of the real world I will be voting for Jill Stein in November and urge everybody else to do so as well, even in “swing states”. )

edit on 2016-5-22 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

an typical taxpayer pays about $1.50 a week for food stamp type services, usually about equal to the interest on debt in most states. a lot more of your state tax dollar usually goes to paying state employees benefits and pensions

its really not even worth getting excited over.

its a classic example distraction politics

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Soooo....this is a false title and an out and out HOAX

You can call it a "thought experiment" all you want, but it's still what ATS standards call a HOAX.

Bin it!

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The only good that will come out of it is that it will keep the people who detest Hillary as a candidate organized to oppose her, easy Trump votes. When Hillary is gone, they won't have a purpose and will fade faster than a Ron Paul fanatic into the political wilderness.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest

what happened to the tea party ? they seemed to start out ok, then just went off the rails

We're still around. The IRS crackdown in 2012 did a lot of damage to whatever national infrastructure was being built. Heck, we're still dealing with IRS audits. That, plus the utter worthlessness of the mainstream Republican party, has us focusing on local politicians and issues.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Thanks!

Just one of those morning things, more coffee it's time to wake up!

I really questioned using 10 million dollars of campaign contributions to seed the new party!

Gee I checked to see if it was the onion before posting, lol's!

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I guess I just don't get the idea of giving an out of control govt more power and expecting different results.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

It was an obvious wishful-thinking post. I honestly can't understand how anyone could possibly believe he could have said this when he's going to fully support the party regardless of whether he wins or not.

His loyalty is to the DNC. Whatever election shenanigans they are pulling, he is 100% cooperative.

Same with Trump and the RNC.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

It was an obvious wishful-thinking post.

But isn't this wishful thinking indicative of the general mindset?

Where too many are wanting bigger and more controlling government.

I honestly don't see why so many get upset with those of us who desire smaller government.

It's not like we'll ever get what we want. The trend is going to be for larger government, more laws, less freedoms.

Those who oppose us should be celebrating!

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
what's the difference betweens greens and bernie's new party?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
I guess I just don't get the idea of giving an out of control govt more power and expecting different results.

There *would* be a difference. Things would get worse.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

So how do you feel about the pirate party???

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The trend is going to be for larger government, more laws, less freedoms.

All the evidence in the current U.S. political atmosphere indicates this is the exact trend and there will be no Constitutionalist, nor fiscal conservative, elected in November.

Those are two things that we are definitely not being groomed for.

edit on 22-5-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

So are you for both smaller gov. and personal freedom? Or just smaller gov.???

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad
a reply to: DBCowboy

So are you for both smaller gov. and personal freedom? Or just smaller gov.???

Our federal government is too corrupt to trust them with bigger money and power. And I am for more personal freedom.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join