It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders announces plans for a new left party

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorusAlso Jesus multiplied the loaves and fishes not divided.....it's a different principle.

So Jesus favored inflation and the hidden taxes involved to remove the value of peoples savings?
A hidden tax just means you get less for your dollar not same principle but nice try
in fact what Jesus did was something entirely different... It was precipitation
edit on 23-5-2016 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

But by multiplying the fish, he made the catch from the honest fisherman worth less because there was lower demand.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
It WOULD get coopted and shut down like the Tea Party.
a reply to: AlaskanDad

edit on 23/5/2016 by chris_stibrany because: not real news story

edit on 23/5/2016 by chris_stibrany because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

But by multiplying the fish, he made the catch from the honest fisherman worth less because there was lower demand.
No he just created a surplus. 🤓

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I may not agree with Senator Sanders on a lot of things but thank God he's going to do something add more variety to the political process in this country.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianedawson
I may not agree with Senator Sanders on a lot of things but thank God he's going to do something add more variety to the political process in this country.

Geez. Why are people still believing Bernie said this? Put it in the HOAX bin, mods!

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

What we need is a party that sincerely represents the working class in this country. Currently we have the plutocratic party (republicans), and the plutocratic lite party (democrats). Neither one could care less about the average American, which has of course become painfully obvious, creating a level of disgust and discontent in the voters we have not seen in a very long time, which is why we have the current circus of an election we are seeing now. I am just wondering if we DID form a 3rd party, if we would even be allowed to vote for them. Look at all the debates Ron Paul wanted to participate in but was not even allowed in. We need a govt for the people again, as it seems the current one has been privatized for the 1 percent.
edit on 24-5-2016 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: ugmold

Now that is scary.

But it was only a matter of time. I'm real curious about this "New Left" party platform.

Don't be so frightened, the Two Party has Failed us Royally.

I agree that our 2 party system sucks.

But the alternative isn't always better.

Yes it is. Anything is better than the Billionaire/Corporations running out country now. Anything.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

A one party system would definitely be worse.

And that's basically what we have now.

Until we get rid of the systemic corruption, then additional parties will just mean more corrupt parties.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

A one party system would definitely be worse.

And that's basically what we have now.

Until we get rid of the systemic corruption, then additional parties will just mean more corrupt parties.

Not really. If we open it up to anyone, and make it easier for anyone to get elected, then it would be easier for Rand Paul, Ron Paul, Sanders, the Green Party, the Libertarian party, the constitution party any of them to get into office. That would make it so much easier for things to change.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

But they have been elected to office.

And nothing has changed.

I honestly don't see how voting for a president brings about change.

They are there for 4 to 8 years and that's it.

Congress is often a lifetime appointment.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

But they have been elected to office.

And nothing has changed.

I honestly don't see how voting for a president brings about change.

They are there for 4 to 8 years and that's it.

Congress is often a lifetime appointment.

It's not just president but any office. The more third, fourth and fifth party candidates elected to any office the better. Otherwise we'll always be stuck with Harry Reid, Barbara Boxer and Mitch McConnell. If we change laws making it easier for third parties to get in office things will change quickly.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

If we change laws making it easier for third parties to get in office things will change quickly.

There lies the problem.

The existing politicians will never create laws that weaken their hold, reduce their corruption.

They'll allow tokens of fringe parties to give the impression that they are open and honest.

Just my opinion.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Just my opinion.

I tend to agree with your opinion. I often advocate for a third party, but I also realize that even if a third party doesn't start out corrupt, it will be overrun with corrupt political operatives in no time.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

If we change laws making it easier for third parties to get in office things will change quickly.

There lies the problem.

The existing politicians will never create laws that weaken their hold, reduce their corruption.

They'll allow tokens of fringe parties to give the impression that they are open and honest.

Just my opinion.

And you're correct. But you can start changes at the city and county level, which are relatively easy to get into and don't cost any money. I ran for local school board and spent probably less than a hundred dollars. most of that was the fees to register as a candidate and the cost to put my name in the voter infomation pamphlet and I won.

If we get enough local independents or really any other party other than democrats or republicans things will change. Even Tea Party was actually Republican.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Good for you for doing things at the local level!

I just don't see the monolith that is DC moving.

They pay lip service to those of us that want a real change.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

my signature line:

It is time to think about a pirate for president!

While it is doubtful we will have a pirate for president, the idea of third party candidates should be taken more seriously. I wish Sen Sanders had ran as an independent, I understand why he wanted to be in the debates though.

Their predicting Gary Johnson getting 10% of the votes.

I've not heard any poll numbers for the greens yet.

There is no doubt we need politicians that are not corporately owned and I think we know most of the r's and d's, sold out long ago.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Wait, so you either see what we have now as adequate or not. You say it sucks, but are not really wanting to "fix" anything about it. Accepting the status quo when one knows it is failing is, to me, far more frightening than trying to resolve the problems at hand. How far down the rabbit hole must we go before we acknowledge that what we have is no longer working?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ObservingTheWorld

The first step in fixing a problem is realizing that you have one.

Too many still don't realize that a problem even exists.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Bernie is a communist and everyone should know that by now.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join