It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders: American People See Hillary Clinton as 'Lesser of Two Evils'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I dont think so, that's just Bernie trying to make it that way.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
On POLICY....Bernie is the true 'evil' of all three.

His policies would send us back to the dark ages economically and socially.

Hillary is the most 'evil' out of the 3, personality wise.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Yes, exactly. Good healthcare and education are well known as some of the things that defined the dark ages.

What's that, you say? He doesn't want America's youth to be saddled with massively crippling and almost impossible to avoid debt? He thinks it's ridiculous that Americans spend twice as much per capita on healthcare and yet receive vastly inferior services compared to other developed countries? What a bastard! Evil! Evil I say!
edit on 22/5/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
a reply to: Azureblue

Yes, exactly. Good healthcare and education are well known as some of the things that defined the dark ages.

What's that, you say? He doesn't want America's youth to be saddled with massively crippling and almost impossible to avoid debt? He thinks it's ridiculous that Americans spend twice as much per capita on healthcare and yet receive vastly inferior services compared to other developed countries? What a bastard! Evil! Evil I say!

So what? You've bought into the Magic Unicorn theory that Bernie espouses without actually understand the HOW of it all.

"Good healthcare and Education"?

Those are not litmus tests of success. Many third world nations can boast that. Cuba and Venezuela can claim the same,
They are literally eating road kill in Venezuela as we speak.

And his method of achieving said 'good healthcare and education' is a complete FARCE when you actually read his proposals and how the stack against each other. Bernie is a farce candidate. With farce policies. That fundamentally CANNOT work.

I would explain, but I know full well you would dismiss it. I haven't met ONE Bernie supporter yet that can actually take time to study the HOW of it and think about the logistics or talk about the numbers. Not ONE
edit on 458am3105America/Chicago15CDT05America/Chicago by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
So what? You've bought into the Magic Unicorn theory that Bernie espouses without actually understand the HOW of it all.

"Good healthcare and Education"?

Those are not litmus tests of success. Many third world nations can boast that. Cuba and Venezuela can claim the same,
They are literally eating road kill in Venezuela as we speak.

And his method of achieving said 'good healthcare and education' is a complete FARCE when you actually read his proposals and how the stack against each other. Bernie is a farce candidate. With farce policies. That fundamentally CANNOT work.

I would explain, but I know full well you would dismiss it. I haven't met ONE Bernie supporter yet that can actually take time to study the HOW of it and think about the logistics or talk about the numbers. Not ONE

I'm sure you already know this, but yelling doesn't make you right. Just ask Donald Trump.

True, true. No way one of the richest countries in the world could afford to care for its citizens in effective ways. Making college tuition-free might, *gasp*, reduce America's percentage of military spending from four tenths of the world total to three( point six).
You'd be eating off the street in weeks.

Sure seems to be a surprising number of people that say they can, then. But oh well, I'm sure they're all just evil communists anyway.

It's incredibly simple, actually.
Invest money in the country and the people, not its corporations.
Infrastructure, for instance.
This might be shock to you, but when poor people have more money, they spend it.
Do you know what more normal level buying means..?
I'll give you a while to figure it out.
More jobs. I know, shocking. Because demand is increased.

Ah, also, the current system Capitalism is a doomed anyway. Eventually you will need to transition into some sort of derivative of it.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
So why can't college kids pay off their loans, again?

Why does college have to be free?

What quality of education are ya gonna get fer nuttin?

Look what they are getting now for big bucks!

Are people expecting to go to harvard or yale for free or just some state colleges?

Maybe build free govt colleges!

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Ignore the part that says "Republican Hawks" and replace it with "The Entire Government."

edit on 22/5/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Mysterious Reasons

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

The cost of college wouldn't be such an issue if the government hadn't trashed all the other parts of the company to appease their corporate and billionaire owners.

Oh, Reaganomics, Reaganomics. Anyone who believes in it is an idiot.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Willtell

Anyone that wants the government to have more control and oversight is evil, in my book.

I don't mean to put words in your mouth, but I'm gonna do it anyway.... so what your saying is the government is evil because if you want more government you are evil . I cannot believe that the U.S. government or any government is evil. Don't MAKE me pull my head out from under the covers! I don't wanna know! That would mean that ALL I've been taught is a lie!! NO! IT CAN'T BE SO! What about mom, apple pie and the flag?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Really wise people know that he's not talking about "free stuff." And they know he has a way to pay for all of it.
Actually, even regular people realize that if they've taken the time to read his platform and comprehend what he's saying.

But this thread isn't about wise people, or Bernie.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Actually, Trump is not evil at all,,,Trump isn't responsible for deaths. Trump isn't responsible for NAFTA or the women thst Bill attacked.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

It costs a lot to develope most of the medical breakthroughs in the last 100yrs and it costs a lot to defend all of these countries that don't have a military.
edit on 22-5-2016 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

In many cases America is destroying those countries, though. How's Libya looking?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

It looks horrible so does most of the Middle East thanks to our current admin. But, dems don't want to talk about Obama.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Willtell

Anyone that wants the government to have more control and oversight is evil, in my book.

I don't mean to put words in your mouth, but I'm gonna do it anyway.... so what your saying is the government is evil because if you want more government you are evil . I cannot believe that the U.S. government or any government is evil. Don't MAKE me pull my head out from under the covers! I don't wanna know! That would mean that ALL I've been taught is a lie!! NO! IT CAN'T BE SO! What about mom, apple pie and the flag?

I'd be glad to admit I'm wrong if someone can show me that a big government is good.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Libya is mostly Clinton's work, actually.

Obama('s SoS) destroyed Libya, Bush destroyed Iraq, they're all the same going back to Bush Sr, possibly further. War, war, war for profit, war for oil.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Big government is neither good 'nor evil, only with massive potential for abuse. Like all systems.
It trades higher potential good for higher potential and more likely to occur evil.

The benefits as government increases in size is similar to a square root of x shaped graph, if you know what that looks like.

I'm an advocate of "moderate" government.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Precisely. Whenever people mention the common propaganda talking points against Sanders I know they have no original thoughts about his platform because they aren't even familiar with it! LOL. These are the same people who say he's going to raise taxes to 90%, don't realize a single payer system will actually save everyone money because health insurance companies, big pharma and doctors won't be able to inflate prices, and they don't understand that Sanders' ideas are not just talking points but words with conviction behind them. He will do what he says to the extent that his power as president will allow him and he is absolutely the only person running who can successfully unfuk this country.
edit on 22-5-2016 by filched because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Our government is corrupt. When I discuss government, I don't do it from an academic point.

Our government is corrupt, a larger corrupt government would lead to further corruption.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

As it stands the US government is too large, it spends too much too inefficiently (holy Christ the military), and its taxes are too heavily weighted in benefit of the small but rich portion of the country. Which, along with the awful trade deals authored by and authored for corporations, has essentially killed the wealth of the majority of the country. This has led to an economic death spiral, less spending = less jobs = less money (for all but a lucky few) = less spending, and thus it repeats ad infinitum.

I just wish the country would redirect funds from the military to something that was actually useful, like science and infrastructure. (And yes, healthcare and education, too, though those have other huge problems beyond sheer lack of support.)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join