It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders: American People See Hillary Clinton as 'Lesser of Two Evils'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

The bests and smartest solution I have ever read is to break the US into 4 or 5 different countries.

I agree that the government, government spending has gotten too large.

Perhaps breaking it into 5 different countries, everyone can have their ideal form of government.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I wouldn't necessarily say it's the best or smartest solution, but it's certainly interesting. A huge and obvious list of problems crops of fairly quickly, though. Even if we assumed that somehow the federal government decided to give up its power (as if that's going to happen), how would things be distributed? What would happen to the territories? I can imagine it working if you somehow skip past the "where do we draw the lines?" stage and to the "everyone is concretely separated" stage, but otherwise the "That's mine! No, it's mine! No, it's MINE!"s would be endless.

And what about military tech? What happens to the black projects, the overseas bases, all the hardware?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
a reply to: Azureblue

Yes, exactly. Good healthcare and education are well known as some of the things that defined the dark ages.

What's that, you say? He doesn't want America's youth to be saddled with massively crippling and almost impossible to avoid debt? He thinks it's ridiculous that Americans spend twice as much per capita on healthcare and yet receive vastly inferior services compared to other developed countries? What a bastard! Evil! Evil I say!

A lot of way-off-the-mark assumptions in that lot, perhaps I am responsible for that by not elaborating more on what I meant. What I was getting at is that sometimes politicians are opinion makers and molders. By saying what Bernie said Perhaps Bernie was trying to influence public opinion to get Hillary more support knowing he's no likely to go the distance and as we all know it always comes down to a two horse race.

With regard to the US health system, well yes, from what I gathered off this website over time its a terrible system and should be scrapped. Was it developed after extensive examination of other respected health care systems in the world? I suspect not, I suspect its designed to throw as many people as possible in the US on the pay-or-die fire that is an inherent characteristic of the ideology of capitalism.

Will people just craw under a bush and die like the societies owners and what the dictates of capitalism requires? i dont think so, I think they will go down fighting in a hail of bullets that unfortunately will never hit the neo cons but only ever hit other small time insignificant nobodies just like themselves.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

I... Actually responded to the wrong person. Crap.

That was supposed to be directed at the person under you, stating:

His policies would send us back to the dark ages economically and socially.

My apologies. You weren't responsible for it, I just clicked the wrong "Reply" button by mistake.
edit on 23/5/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join