It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Narwhal is a REAL BEING....I THOUGHT IT WAS a hoax!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

Yes, this one could not really qualify as a mandela effect, unless some people who are obsessesd with whales and had studied every type of whale etc all of a sudden started popping all over up saying they never heard of one either, but even then, it is just a shocker, but not really a qualifier of the phenomenon.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard

originally posted by: Tucket

You're joking right? I mean.. You really never ever heard of a narwhal? They have been around forever and not exactly an obscure species.

In her defense they probably are or are very close to being extinct..

Thanks Japan..

More than 80000 left in the wild. Discovered in 1648.

www.worldwildlife.org...
I wonder if we can ride them like dolphins or anything.... I am so fascinated, I want to learn all about these guys now....lol

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

You're joking right? I mean.. You really never ever heard of a narwhal? They have been around forever and not exactly an obscure species.

Thanks Japan..

www.worldwildlife.org...

Don't tell Japan..

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

Ooooh burn.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Thanks Japan..

www.worldwildlife.org...

Don't tell Japan..

Try Americans and Canadians.. Can't blame Japan on this one, they are pretty much only located in the Canadian arctic around Canada, Russia etc...

www.takepart.com...

Edit: it's actually legal in Canada and Greenland for the Inuit to hunt these.

From the article : "However, in Canada and Greenland, hunters are permitted to kill about 400 narwhals in total per year; that allowance is for the Inuit, who have for centuries depended upon their meat for sustenance."

edit on 19-5-2016 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-5-2016 by PlasticWizard because: More info

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

Only the Inuit can hunt Narwhals. They've hunted them since...they started hunting, thousands of years ago. These animals are undoubtedly beautiful, but you can't tell isolated tribes of indigenous people's to forgo a staple food source because, well, they're so cute, and they're "near threatened".

Narwhals are mostly threatened by lack of sea ice, not hunting.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
There has been writings about these critters for thousands of years. I did some research on them one day when I read an article about them.

How would you like to be water skiing or surfing and wind up like a shush-kabob?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Lol, you'd likely be close to death anyways trying to water ski or surf where Narwhals live.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
great work up on them in the planet earth series with david attenborough

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

a reply to: hidingthistime

Really crappy schools is the answer. I remember learning about these over 20 years ago in public school.

Definitely not a Mandela effect type of situation.

Lots of studies too.
naturalhistory.si.edu...

www.uwesterntopeka.org...

acsonline.org...

Lots of info on the Googles. Try googling "narwhal studies"

I agree, crappie schools, indoctrination centres really, nothing more. I'll see your 20 and raise you 30 lol. We learned about these in the 60's, back when they had books, math was sensible and kids weren't sitting around picking their noses while tweeny texting on their cell phones. Oh, back then gasoline was 28 cents a gallon, a nice house was about 12k$ and a father worked at his job and could afford the wife, house, car and kids on a single salary.

Look how far we've come huh?

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/19.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I'll admit I had my narwhal moment about a year ago.

I saw the David Attenborough doc....

Before then I literally thought they were made up by cartoon network ......dont judge me

Neat creatures

edit on 19-5-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: hidingthistime

You don't want to get chased by a narwhal!

Ouch.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I don't want to chased by any whale.
But given a choice, I would prefer to be chased by a narwhal rather than an orca.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
hidingthistime your joking right, i might be in denial but really you are just kidding around????.....
edit on 20-5-2016 by malevolent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: chr0naut

I don't want to chased by any whale.
But given a choice, I would prefer to be chased by a narwhal rather than an orca.

If you were chased by a narwhal could it be considered consentual?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
They'll stop Cthulhu eating ye.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

It's been treated as a meme for so long I imagine that there are quite a few folks who didn't know they were real.

I've actually seen this a few times. I don't even know how I was aware of these things. Probably because we rented a lot of National Geographic movies and got the magazine when I was a kid.

For you youngsters, let me explain. Not long ago, there were stores that would rent videos. Sometimes other people would have already rented all the copies of the video you wanted to watch, so you asked if they could check the return box. Sometimes you got lucky, someone actually returned the movie and it was an amazing feeling. It was the best of times, and the worst of times. You weren't inundated with choices (this was actually nice), but you had to rewind the things (shaped like a book called a VHS tape). Magazines were websites, but on paper. You couldn't just click a word to have it defined. We had these big books called dictionaries. If your parents were cruel (like mine) they would make you look the word up in the dictionary, even if you didn't know how to spell it. Google was AltaVista, it took 5 minutes of scary noises to get online, you would get booted off if someone picked up the phone, if you looked up a naked lady it would take 10 minutes to get to the good stuff (even the upper good stuff), the monitor weighed about 400 pounds and looked like a gorilla drew whatever you were viewing.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

They can't stop the inevitable. They can only stave (wanted a pun, best I could do) it off for so long.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
www.smithsonianmag.com...

Kristin Laidre is seemingly the go to expert on Narwals. (outside of the Inuit)

Like the elusive whale she studies, which follows the spread and retreat of the ice edge, Laidre, 33, has become a migratory creature. After earning undergraduate and doctoral degrees at the University of Washington, she now spends part of her year at its Polar Science Center, and the rest of the time she works with collaborators in Denmark or Greenland, conducting aerial surveys, picking through whale stomachs and setting up house in coastal hunting settlements, where she hires hunters to catch narwhals. Along the way she has learned to speak Danish and rudimentary West Greenlandic.

www.youtube.com...

and really, you should go slap some of your teachers for shoddy service.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

It's been treated as a meme for so long I imagine that there are quite a few folks who didn't know they were real.

I've actually seen this a few times. I don't even know how I was aware of these things. Probably because we rented a lot of National Geographic movies and got the magazine when I was a kid.

For you youngsters, let me explain. Not long ago, there were stores that would rent videos. Sometimes other people would have already rented all the copies of the video you wanted to watch, so you asked if they could check the return box. Sometimes you got lucky, someone actually returned the movie and it was an amazing feeling. It was the best of times, and the worst of times. You weren't inundated with choices (this was actually nice), but you had to rewind the things (shaped like a book called a VHS tape). Magazines were websites, but on paper. You couldn't just click a word to have it defined. We had these big books called dictionaries. If your parents were cruel (like mine) they would make you look the word up in the dictionary, even if you didn't know how to spell it. Google was AltaVista, it took 5 minutes of scary noises to get online, you would get booted off if someone picked up the phone, if you looked up a naked lady it would take 10 minutes to get to the good stuff (even the upper good stuff), the monitor weighed about 400 pounds and looked like a gorilla drew whatever you were viewing.
your full of sht no stores ever existed then, the hell is this world you making up?????

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join