It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt disconnects last power line, imposes southern Gaza blackout

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Lights Out

A full electric blackout is in effect in southern Gaza after the last power line from Egypt to Gaza was disconnected, reports say. Gaza’s electricity company announced that the two lines that fed electricity from Egypt to southern Gaza have now been completely disconnected by Egypt. The first was disabled two weeks ago, leading to rationing of “six hours on, 12 hours off” for all districts in Gaza.

Not being reported by MSM because if not zionists who cares, amirite?

So as Gaza creeps steadily back into the stone age the silence is deafening.
Where is all the international aid money going?
Why havent they paid their bills in years?
Why have they instead chosen to invest millions upon millions into tunnels used to smuggle weapons and children?
Why are the leaders living in the lap of luxury while their people suffer needlessly?
I dont have the answers.

Pay Yo Bills Hamas!

Despite PA debts of millions of shekels to the Israel Electric Company for electricity supplied to Arab-controlled areas in Judea and Samaria, the Supreme Court issued a restraining order against detaching PA cities from the electric grid until further notice. Gaza, on the other hand, has its payments to Israel deducted automatically in advance for whatever electricity it receives

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

The obvious question springs to mind, why does the area of southern Gaza not have its own power stations?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Palestinian_tunnel_warfare_in_the_Gaza_Strip

Hamas spent around $30 to $90 million, and poured 600,000 tons of concrete, in order to build three dozen tunnels.[23][24] Some tunnels were estimated to have cost $3 million to construct.[25][26]

I dunno. messed up priorities

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Building tunnels to kill innocent civilians, and in return losing all power for their own, interesting natural consequence.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

And I am happy I found this before the antisemitic crowd gets here.

+1 more 
posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

They will be here soon to explain the "quiet genocide" and how this is all the fault of the Jew.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Can't expect Mashall to spend any of his estimated 2.5 billion $, for the ones which are technically his liability.
I assume if he would take care of his people, they wouldn't be so eager to kill anymore, how could he justify that?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I do like your thread explaining to all of us that they haven't paid their bills. Perhaps its something to do with the difficulties they have accessing their work and having to queue to get to it etc?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Did not realize there was an issue between parts of Gaza and Egypt...thanks for the info...I'm curious as to why they started doing this a few weeks ago...

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

They did have their own power station and at one time a reasonable infrastructure most of which has now been destroyed by Israeli bombings. You can see from the article that the Israeli's deliberately bombed the power station to slyly make the Gazan population suffer more, otherwise they wouldn't have targeted it.

www.theguardian.com...

Were things better in Gaza there wouldn't be any need for tunnels to smuggle food and essentials etc. We take freedom of movement as a right in order to get to work and buy the things we need. Sadly it seems its not for everyone in countries which claim strong links to the Western world and their principles.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Palestinian Authority may have lost Billions

Such assistance will only promote peace if it is spent to foster tolerance and coexistence. If it is used to strengthen intransigence it does more harm than good—and the more aid that comes in, the worse the outcome. This is exactly what has been transpiring over the past few decades. Large amounts of foreign aid to the Palestinians are spent to support terrorists and deepen hostility. For years the most senior figures in the Palestinian Authority have supported, condoned and glorified terror. “Every drop of blood that has been spilled in Jerusalem,” President Mahmoud Abbas said last September on Palestinian television, “is holy blood as long as it was for Allah.” Countless Palestinian officials and state-run television have repeatedly hailed the murder of Jews. –– ADVERTISEMENT –– This support for terrorism doesn’t end with hate speech. The Palestinian regime in Ramallah pays monthly stipends of between $400 and $3,500 to terrorists and their families, the latter of which is more than five times the average monthly salary of a Palestinian worker.

gee. maybe because theyr are lying corrupt murderous scoundrels?
and refuse to hire a jewish accountaint probably,

how british and american aid subsidises-palestinian-terrorism

Where does all that aid for palestinians go?
edit on 18-5-2016 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

You give the impression that you really do hate the Palestinians don't you? I suppose you wouldn't care to comment on the deliberate bombing of the power station that supplied Gaza - not your remit or too embarrassing a fact? You start with Ooh dear, no world media taking notice - then you proceed to mock the Palestinians for being poor and not being able to pay their bills.

I have absolutely no time for religious terrorists and especially cowardly ones who blow up civilians they don't know or target officials etc. However you do need to address why they do what they do especially for such a long period of time, actually pretty much since 1948 and until that's done and dealt with fairly with both sides coming out as winners, no one will ever win in this type of situation. In fact the more people see the Palestinians suffering, the more sympathy they will get from the rest of the world. (whether some of them deserve it or not).

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Maybe i should have said, rhetorical obvious question.

I think we all know that Israel is responsible for rather a few of the areas woes.

Then again the poor Palestinians hardly help matters by essentially playing into their hands via there actions.

Seems like a dammed if they do, dammed if they don't scenario if ever there was one. So all going to plan really.

edit on 18-5-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

That station wasn't very big, Even with that station active they still need to get power from Egypt and Israel who supplies the majority of the power literally for free.

The debt has been growing for over a decade most people simply refuse to pay it whether they have money or not and even those who used to pay stopped paying because there are zero consequences for not paying the bill as long as you are palestinian, the palestinian authority is also to blame since they are paying workers less and less money which makes no sense what with all that aid money flowing in.

All the aid money that was sent they could have built 10 power stations by now, instead they spent it on building more terror tunnels, messed up priorities indeed.

Point is that Egypt can do whatever the hell it wants to palestinians and nobody cares, if Israel were to cut the power (which they have every right to do so due to the massive 1.4 billion debt) all hell would break loose.
edit on 18 5 2016 by Vamana because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Too bad Israel bombed the hell outta Gaza's power plant, amongst every other ultility works, that they have to rely on outside resources. Israel also destroyed PA's economy so obviously they're all debt with zero hope of recovering.

But hey, let's cut the power and make their life even more Hellish.

Open air prison, what a poop hole.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Joa reply to: Swills

As said above. That power plant produced a fraction of the consumed power anyway, besides that what do you think powered that plant? Gas or coal probably supplied by israel.
In any case israel is paying for all their power one way or another.
and those Palestinian leaders clutching their shekels tight.
edit on 18-5-2016 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Egypt disconnected it because the palestinian authority insulted them somehow i d bet. ALso Its actually egyptian land so they can do as they will with it. Israel even tried to give it back as per the cease fire as well but Egypt refused it.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

The obvious question springs to mind, why does the area of southern Gaza not have its own power stations?

Well ummm, there's these things called BOMBS. That like um, kinda made a lot of stuff go away over the years.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

A fraction is better than nothing. A failed economy and a society in literal ruin, how can they pay their bills?

Is Hamas hoarding all that money? Well, if history and present day prove anything than yes they are because the "leaders", the "elite" always do while the average person suffers, and that's goes triple for Gaza.

What a hell that place is and I thank god I wasn't born there. I think, if I had to choose, I'd rather be a gay men living in Saudi Arabia then be anyone living in Gaza, and that's saying a lot!

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

because they have no infrastructure, which begs the question how can they even be considered a country if they have no infrastructure? at best they are just a bunch of nomads squatting on someone elses land and not paying their bills.
They are lucky they aren`t getting their electricity from american power companies or they would have got their electric cut off after they didn`t pay the first bill lol. american electric companies are like loan sharks when it comes to wanting their money.

<<   2 >>

join