It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American College of Pediatricians Says Reject Transgenderism

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I'm not an American so I don't care about your faulty objection as I was talking about Western civilisation in general. Don't make assumptions.

But you might want to look up the definition of democracy as you're wrong either way, the US is certainly a democracy even if it is a democratic republic.

There's degrees of democracy you know, and most democracies - that go by the name of democracy - elect representatives. This is the norm as far as I know. I don't know why Americans get their jollies off by constantly pointing out that they are in fact a republic as if it were singularly unique, nevertheless the masses do have a right to vote, which is in fact a feature of democracy. These two forms of government are not mutually exclusive.

Maybe you can shed some light on this peculiarity? This line always seem to be laden with such disdain for ["common"] democracy.. You almost get the sense that it's admonishing "those other democracies", you know, the ones that "never work".. these mythological pure democracies.. a phantasm of the American psyche so defined by its innate exceptionalism?

It's been fun but I think I'm way beyond off-topic at this point.

If only cultural Marxism with its attendant relativism were an isolated phenomena then maybe we'd be spared this manufactured drama and having to have the de facto delusions of transgenderism elevated into progressive dogma as anything but mental aberrations. Even science is not safe from this virulent ideology, this can be seen in Sweden where gender science is pushing the idea that gender is a social construct. These people are actually on the record saying that science needs to be "reformed"..

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I think I'd trust the 60,000 pediatricians who agree with the current standard treatment of transgender youth before I'd trust the 60 or so who don't agree.

There aren't 60.000 that think kids should be changed to the opposite sex. Since such actions cause a person to become suicidal, more often than not, why would any sensible doctor go along? Any that do are a discredit to their profession, and guilty of child abuse.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod

I'm not an American so I don't care about your faulty objection as I was talking about Western civilisation in general. Don't make assumptions.

The title is: AMERICAN College of Pediatricians,

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

There are 60,000 members of the American Academy of Pediatrics, the official organization of pediatricians who has made public statements supporting the current treatment of transgender youth. This major organization supports the current treatment because there is evidence that without the treatment, the suicide rates go sky high.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I don't think there's any delusion involved in being a homosexual though, that's the difference in your example.

Body dysmorphia: people feel like they're fat when in fact they're skinny.

Gender dysmorphia: people feel like they're a woman when in fact they're men.

Homosexuality: people are turned on by the same sex... (and optionally: when in fact they "should" be turned on by the opposite sex. I don't know how valid this one is to be honest, my head is hurting now. I'm too stupid for this)

But really, these designations they're all arbitrary in a certain sense. Homosexuality used to be considered an illness, what changed? Certainly nothing biological, politics got involved. At some point people decide these things.

The danger as far as I'm concerned is that, when dealing with progressives you're always dealing with a slippery slope. Don't tell me we won't have furries clamouring for the normalisation of bestiality next. Anything goes.. after all, even morals are relativistic to these people.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

" t’s also because the ACP is not a legitimate medical organization; its name is designed to be mistaken for the American Academy of Pediatrics, which is a national organization with some 60,000 members. The ACP, by contrast, is estimated to have no more than 200 members, and it has been designated aLink. hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center for its anti-LGBT positions."

According to Wikipedia, the SPLC has 254 employees and 14 volunteers. Oh yeah and an annual revenue of $40 million dollars.

Is there a cut-off for how many people you need in an organization before you can take them seriously? Are you a pediatrician?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

But really, these designations they're all arbitrary in a certain sense. Homosexuality used to be considered an illness, what changed? Certainly nothing biological, politics got involved. At some point people decide these things.

We learn more about how stuff works. We used to think the earth was flat. What changed? Our knowledge.

The danger as far as I'm concerned is that, when dealing with progressives you're always dealing with a slippery slope. Don't tell me we won't have furries clamouring for the normalisation of bestiality next. Anything goes.. after all, even morals are relativistic to these people.

Yeah, like the old "if we let gays marry, we'll have to let pedophiles marry little kids" slippery slope. Ridiculous.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

There's degrees of democracy you know, and most democracies - that go by the name of democracy - elect representatives. This is the norm as far as I know. I don't know why Americans get their jollies off by constantly pointing out that they are in fact a republic as if it were singularly unique, nevertheless the masses do have a right to vote, which is in fact a feature of democracy. These two forms of government are not mutually exclusive.

Maybe you can shed some light on this peculiarity?

Don't really care.

Bill of Rights protects the individual. The individual is equal to the majority In rights.

Minority Rights I: Individual Rights vs. Majority Tyranny
Democracy therefore requires minority rights equally as it does majority rule. Indeed, as democracy is conceived today, the minority's rights must be protected no matter how singular or alienated that minority is from the majority society; otherwise, the majority's rights lose their meaning. In the United States, basic individual liberties are protected through the Bill of Rights, which were drafted by James Madison and adopted in the form of the first 10 amendments to the Constitution. These enumerate the rights that may not be violated by the government, safeguarding—in theory, at least—the rights of any minority against majority tyranny. Today, these rights are considered the essential element of any liberal democracy. democracyweb.org...

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Yeah it's our fault we have standards for what constitutes data and facts. How horrible that we don't just eat up anything that gives us the warm fuzzy feeling of confirmation bias.

Leftists have standards? I thought it was all about feelings.

The data and facts say XY = male, XX = female.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I don't think there's any delusion involved in being a homosexual though, that's the difference in your example.

It's the same thing.

Transgenders, who've had the support they need to transition, function 100% normally in life.

Professionals in the field of Gender Dysphoria know it is not a delusion.

link   

originally posted by: Annee

The title is: AMERICAN College of Pediatricians,

So what? The scope of the discussion is much broader than that. Is this issue of transgenderism unique to America? Don't give me more American exceptionalism now. Don't be an ass.. use your imagination.

If we want to discuss context we always come back to cultural Marxism. This is the devil behind most of the major social issues of importance in politics these days. And behind that.. behind the left, behind the right, we've got networks of secret societies and their organisations.

Here, let me give you an idea:

stopsyjonizmowi.files.wordpress.com...

All this gay ass transgenderism is just a big distraction. People will get f*cked whether they're transgender or Christians.

link   

Bill of Rights protects the individual. The individual is equal to the majority In rights.

1) So long as those 'rights' don't tread on others
2) A lot of what people think are 'rights' actually are nothing of the sort

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

1) So long as those 'rights' don't tread on others
2) A lot of what people think are 'rights' actually are nothing of the sort

I keep forgetting, You are the victim.

1. Are you denied access to bathrooms of the gender you identify with?
2. Can you be fired from your job for just existing?
3. Can you be denied service from a business because they don't agree with you?

Oh wait, you're a victim just because you don't like something.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Gender dysphoria is clearly a mental illness and is in fact defined as such by the American Psychiatric Association in the DSM-5 if certain criteria are met. I am not sure why we are supposed to cater to these people.

YEah. its only still listed for insurance reasons,but hey dont let the actual facts get in the way of your bigotry.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Schizophrenic and bipolar people on the right medications function normally also. What's your point?

In both cases they need outside assistance in the form of either medication or extreme surgery.

But if these professionals were to view it as anything but what is politically expedient they would in fact be considered hateful, which would probably come with a side dish of complementary attacks by social justice warriors.

What if these people had strong enough minds for them to endure and deal with their psychological issues instead?
When dealing with plastic surgery we always talk about how maybe people should deal with their insecurities instead of getting bigger breasts.. why isn't this view valid when dealing with transgender people? I think they're entitled. I think all young people are entitled scumbags. They need to learn that not every aspect of reality will cater to their whim. In fact, I think they need to be whipped. If these transgender people were whipped every time they indulged in these petty and selfish dramas I'm sure we wouldn't hear as much from them.

I long for the ancient days when the masses were wantonly slaughtered by the whims of tyrants. This is what people deserve I think. If people act like worthless sheep, they'll be treated like worthless sheep. I think freedom is overrated when it is squandered by animals. I sure hope "the Illuminati" can put these animals in line, at this point it is what they deserve.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Yeah it's our fault we have standards for what constitutes data and facts. How horrible that we don't just eat up anything that gives us the warm fuzzy feeling of confirmation bias.

Leftists have standards? I thought it was all about feelings.

The data and facts say XY = male, XX = female.

Well "genders" mental Sex is the actual bits and bobs. Genetics dont have nothing to do with the mental state after a point. What about girls who have male chrmosomes? there are exceptions.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Schizophrenic and bipolar people on the right medications function normally also. What's your point?

What's your point. Those are malfunctioning brains that cause behavior problems.

There is nothing wrong with a transgender's brain.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

No, I am a person. I don't play the victim card.

1. I don't identify with a gender. I am a male. XY. No personal identity feelings needed. It's called biology.
2. No, and neither can any other American citizen, despite what you think.
3. Yes, actually. And I wouldn't sue them for it. I would take my money elsewhere, as any other common sense person would.

No, that would just be you projecting the chip on your shoulder.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

No, I am a person. I don't play the victim card.

1. I don't identify with a gender. I am a male. XY. No personal identity feelings needed. It's called biology.
2. No, and neither can any other American citizen, despite what you think.
3. Yes, actually. And I wouldn't sue them for it. I would take my money elsewhere, as any other common sense person would.

No, that would just be you projecting the chip on your shoulder.

You are easily making my point.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

originally posted by: Metallicus

Gender dysphoria is clearly a mental illness and is in fact defined as such by the American Psychiatric Association in the DSM-5 if certain criteria are met. I am not sure why we are supposed to cater to these people.

Do we not cater for others with "mental illnesses"

No, they get treated with drugs or padded rooms or therapy.

If someone thinks they are a horse, should we let them in a resto?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join