It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man pleads guilty to pulling off woman's "hijab". Tells her "this is America".

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Man Rips Off Woman’s Hijab During Flight, Yells ‘This Is America’.

Last December, Gil Parker Payne spotted a Muslim woman wearing a hijab on a Southwest Airlines flight from Chicago to Albuquerque, New Mexico. Payne, who was seated several rows behind the woman, walked up the aisle towards her while the plane was still in flight, stopped next to her seat, and said, “Take it off! This is America!”

When she didn’t follow his orders, he proceeded to pull her hijab all the way off, leaving the woman’s head exposed.

On Friday, the 37-year-old man from Gastonia, North Carolina, plead guilty in the District of New Mexico one count of “using force or threat of force to intentionally obstruct a Muslim woman … in the free exercise of her religious beliefs.”

Unfortunately, I think the average American is confused about the meaning of "freedom".

Or the principles of why and on which this country was founded.

Then again, I think the concept of freedom has been replaced by the ideals of conformity: dress a certain way, speak a specific language, worship a specific "God" etc.

Whos in the right here?

The guy who doesnt like the idea of someone else expressing their personal beliefs, religious or otherwise.

Or the guy who thinks its ok to do what theyd like so long as theyre not hurting or infringing on someone else's rights.

Part of the issue which I think people fail to realize is that we have already set a precedent in the US with regards to "religious law".

For example, in Utah, polygamy is still practiced.

Amish have been known to follow "religious law" rejecting American courts.

Jews have a network of legal religious courts/exceptions under their system of Halakha or Halacha.

And some within the Jewish community have expressed concern over anti-Sharia laws: Can States Prevent American Courts from Considering Jewish Law?

edit on 15-5-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

+4 more 
posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Clearly he was liberating her!

I wonder what he's likely to do if you he thinks he's spotted a trans person in one of those NC public restrooms? Crotch grab?

"This is 'merica! You don't belong in this restroom! Show me your genitalia! You ain't denyin' me my freakin' rights!"

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Whether a person is wearing a hijab, an Amish bonnet, a Yakima or simply wearing a baseball cap... the guy was wrong and way overstepped the woman's personal space and should not have put his hands on her because he disagrees with what she is wearing.
As far as law is concerned, I'm not sure about yanking someone's head piece off, but if someone yanked something off me, I would dial emergency because I would be so shaken.
Not sure at all what right the man had to do that.

+3 more 
posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Not sure at all what right the man had to do that.

No right at all.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
This guy isn't an American, as he has no understanding of American Values.
He's another misguided doochenozzle living in America.
What a jerk.
By his own standards he should deport himself on pure principle.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky Thank you, reality is back to normal.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Deplorable. No other way to put it.

The rest of your post reeks of an agenda.

Just come out and say what you're thinking.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I thought those things were cultural not religious.

It's just cultural appropriation.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
I thought those things were cultural not religious.

It's just cultural appropriation.

I'm surprised there is a specific law catering to muslims now.

I was on a plane from the US the other month, and I'd never seen it before, but there was this dude, standing up, wrapping his arm in a band, putting on a square box on his head, rocking back and forwards as he read from a book.

no one told him off, but then... we were leaving the US. lol

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Seeing as the Statue of Liberty is actually a Muslim woman, maybe muslims should take over america and kick everyone else out? I doubt the American Natives would just let them though.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Make the equation simple. He walked up and stripped clothing from off of a woman. That arrogant fool. He can justify his foolishness how ever he wants and he is still an arrogant fool .He is a fool because he has been lead to believe that there was something righteous in his action, something he has learned from other arrogant fools

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I bet he was playing to the crowd and thought he'd get an ovation for it.

Sadly, I think he'd get that ovation if he'd picked a different location - the political climate is ready for this.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
(

I'm surprised there is a specific law catering to muslims now.

He wasn't guilty of “using force or threat of force to intentionally obstruct a Muslim woman … in the free exercise of her religious beliefs”. He was in violation of US Code - Section 247: "Whoever ... intentionally obstructs, by force or threat of force, any person in the enjoyment of that person's free exercise of religious beliefs ...". No specific religion, no specific gender.

It makes you wonder whether the journalism was just poor or whether there was a bit more to it than that.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Hijab is fine, personal choice and so on.
But burqas should really be illegal.
The quran just demands that you cover your hair during praying. There is no reason at all why anyone should run around disguised and unidentifiable in this century.

Thank God jihadists are so stupid. If you think about it, or they would invent reusable assasins. Impossible to identify.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Did somebody yank off her hijab? Her symbolism is far, far older than Islam. I attach an article you might find interesting about whom she is actually based on.

yahushua.net...

If you have any doubts about the authenticity of its link to Babylon and the pagan world, just count the spikes off her crown - they number 7 and represent the 7 known planets, something the article writer probably thought best to leave out as it didn't quite go down his way of thinking as he left out any reference to the Babylonian star religion, which Paul and YHWH and their ilks were determined to stamp out any way they could.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   

All right I understand what America stands for the ease of every group to private worship. However perhaps he thought that Islam doesn't actually like or want that as it kills the infidel if said infidel won't convert - so, perhaps he was ahead of his time - despite all the news showing this to be true elsewhere - and was making a point. You have to ask yourself did that woman actually represent freedom or a form of religious tyranny?

He actually, from what I read grabbed the offending scarf, he didn't touch her body or thump her so its PC law everyones
backing. If you look at whats happening in European countries and the rape, murder and crime muslims are bringing with them, perhaps you might rethink your PC because they are just starting to infiltrate the USA which is obviously their goal.

Isn't this about freedom of ideology as opposed to freedom within Islam which is pretty much zilch with its demands on its followers and quietly how they treat others - even Muslims themselves can't agree so you will always have the zealots/terrorists whom living in a Western society pose twice the risk e.g. living in a muslim society they threaten other Muslims, but in the West, they threaten everyone who isn't their flavour of Islam.

Just a thought not meant to be controversial or upset what is the right principle ( just wondering if it can be applied here).

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Clearly he was liberating her!

I wonder what he's likely to do if you he thinks he's spotted a trans person in one of those NC public restrooms? Crotch grab?

"This is 'merica! You don't belong in this restroom! Show me your genitalia! You ain't denyin' me my freakin' rights!"

LMAO and
at the same time

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

If you look at whats happening in European countries and the rape, murder and crime muslims are bringing with them ...

Us Europeans have been committing these things upon ourselves for millenia. It's a people thing, not a Muslim thing.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: lacrimoniousfinale

www.frontpagemag.com...

Just looking at Germany shows an increase in crime carried out by Muslims affecting Germany's crime figures by 65% -
and that's without comparing other countries.

Does any country need immigrants who inflate their crime figures by 65% I doubt it because its a huge increase and costs a lot of money to deal with.

Every civilisation in the world has crime, but some civilisationscucltures seem to commit more than others and then use their religious mores as an excuse. I won't even dignity by repeating some of the reasons given by Muslims raping Western women - I suggest if you want to see them, look up Swedens' problems.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

The title of the article you link to is shamefully misleading. It screams: "MUSLIM MIGRANTS INCREASE CRIME IN GERMANY BY 65%". In fact, when you read the article, it turns out that crimes committed by asylum seekers have risen by 65%. It is NOT the case that immigrants have caused Germany's crime figures to rise by 65%. There is a huge difference. I am not for one moment excusing or justifying any of the crimes that have been committed, but let's look at the facts and not just the headlines. Deny ignorance, and all that.

As with the article in the OP, I suspect there is more to this than simply poor journalism.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join