It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man pleads guilty to pulling off woman's "hijab". Tells her "this is America".

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: lacrimoniousfinale

Yes I did read the article and I also looked at the journalist who wrote it who focuses on Muslim crime etc.

You are trying to dodge the facts so would you like to back up what you wrote and separate out the asylum seekers into different groups and show us how many were not Muslims?

By the way its rude to shout at another on here. The sense of the article stating that asylum seekers crime has risen by 65% means that an extra 65% has increased the German crime figures since they have arrived. Were they not there you would't have the 65% increase. So semantically and factually he is quite correct.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
I thought those things were cultural not religious.

It's just cultural appropriation.

Yeah the girls i meet who wore them wore them as a cultural thing.

Ripping off the hjab would have been like ripping of a womans top to them.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: gladtobehere

Clearly he was liberating her!

I wonder what he's likely to do if you he thinks he's spotted a trans person in one of those NC public restrooms? Crotch grab?

"This is 'merica! You don't belong in this restroom! Show me your genitalia! You ain't denyin' me my freakin' rights!"

Unfortunately, one look at any one of the ranting transphobic threads on here proves that you're absolutely right, this is indeed how a lot of Conservative people think, they seem to imagine they are superior to others or have some imagined authority over the rights and freedoms of others.

This isn't new though, the average American Conservative is a damn hypocrite, preaching about freedom and liberty while doing everything they can to remove the freedoms and liberties of anyone who isn't a straight, white, Christian, Conservative.

These people imagine that anything is permissible as long as it's one of them attacking or abusing someone not like them.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
Were they not there you would't have the 65% increase. So semantically and factually he is quite correct.

No no, let's not be ridiculous here, the crime figures include the RISE IN HATE CRIMES against others, that includes the fire bombing of refugee centres, the attacks on Muslims in the street, the threats to kill made against people in Mosques...

Don't be pretending the rise in crime means those arriving are guilty when we know for a fact that hate crimes have risen DRAMATICALLY in the country as a result of the actions of the far-right.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

According to the (German) Federal Criminal Police statistics quoted in the article, crimes committed by asylum seekers rose by 65% (from 32,465 in 2013 to 53,890 in 2014). They do not break down the figures into those committed by Muslims or non-Muslims. The article's title should have read "Asylum seekers" not "Muslim migrants".

I wasn't shouting. The original article's title was in capital letters, which is why I quoted it in the same way.

The title ("MUSLIM MIGRANTS INCREASE CRIME IN GERMANY BY 65%") is, at the very least, ambiguous. To my mind, it is expressly written that way to imply that the total number of crimes in Germany rose by 65%. In fact, the German Federal Criminal Police Office's own figures show that the total number of crimes rose by only 2% (from 5.96 to 6.08 million).

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Do you think he would have done the same to her?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

Even if she was flying out of Saudi Arabia, I would imagine the Muslims on the plane would leave her alone.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Even if she was flying out of Saudi Arabia, I would imagine the Muslims on the plane would leave her alone.

That's probably true. Everyone knows you don't cross a nun hahahaha

edit on 5 15 2016 by SgtHamsandwich because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Very un-American of him. I hope he defects to a theocratic dictatorship. It sounds like he's jealous of her freedoms. Perhaps we should GITMO him for his all-too-similar-to-9/11-terrorists beliefs. What an enemy-of-freedom, anti-American scumbag.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Easy problem...this flight originated in Alabama...red neck midnight special.
Cheers

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich
Do you think he would have done the same to her?

Does she have a ruler? If yes, then.. No.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Um no.

The Statue of Liberty is based on a Roman Goddess called Libertas

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
Unfortunately, one look at any one of the ranting transphobic threads on here proves that you're absolutely right, this is indeed how a lot of Conservative people think, they seem to imagine they are superior to others or have some imagined authority over the rights and freedoms of others.

Ya know, i could say the same about "liberals". In fact, between "conservatives" and "liberals", i think the two groups must be racing to see who can gain the greatest authority over the rights and freedoms of others. If I don't have one group trying to make it illegal to piss in a bathroom, I have the other trying to financially rape me with insane taxes and regulations that double health insurance costs for me.

How about this: we quit talking about "conservatives" and "liberals". Lets talk about individuals. Hold individuals accountable and quit with this stupid, nebulous "conservatives/liberals" nonsense that, when you get right down to it, is really no different than applying any other generic group name. "If it wasn't for those soccer hooligans".

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

I sometimes watch her on EWTN. Not a fan of Christianity, but she has interesting things to say. If im not mistaken, she is one of the founders of the network.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

If the guy put his hands on a woman because of what she is wearing, then he is scum.

He has no right to touch her, at all.

Simple as that.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Agreed..

End topic

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
the political climate is ready for this.

Quite a bit more than just the politically outspoken. Hopes to Dopes ... Changers to Dangers (see what I did there? LOL)

So, we're gonna go from Obamaramas to Trump-de-Dumps.

It's a good thing this incident took place on a plane. Most peeps don't carry firearms on a plane. Most Trump-de-Dumps have a gun at home. Trump gets elected, they might start carrying them around a Lot more often ... with intent.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I think this is an issue I can see both sides of. I agree with the guy, he sounds like a character. Muslims suppress women, and I think a symbol of that is the head cloak. He was making a political statement by taking it off, I doubt it was sexual.

On the other hand, the Muslims have the right to express themselves with their head cloaks and gender ideals.
edit on 15amSun, 15 May 2016 09:23:02 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 15amSun, 15 May 2016 09:24:23 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Umm not according to The American Government Historians it's not.

www.zerohedge.com...

Government Historians Admit Statue Of Liberty Was Originally A Muslim Woman.

This is likely to be a little tough to swallow for some Americans but The Statue of Liberty - symbolically welcoming the world's tired, poor, and huddled masses - was originally conceived as a Muslim peasant woman.

As The Hill reports, The Statue of Liberty was originally designed to be a Muslim woman, the Smithsonian Institution's magazine says.

An article on the government-administered museum’s blog, Smart News, claims one of the designers of Lady Liberty drew inspiration from monuments in Egypt and originally intended to construct a veiled female peasant on the Suez Canal.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
...and I bet hes the same type of guy that has no problem donning a white "hijab" with little holes cut out.

What a douche.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join