It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man pleads guilty to pulling off woman's "hijab". Tells her "this is America".

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:
(post by Unity_99 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
a reply to: Chadwickus

Umm not according to The American Government Historians it's not.

www.zerohedge.com...

Government Historians Admit Statue Of Liberty Was Originally A Muslim Woman.

This is likely to be a little tough to swallow for some Americans but The Statue of Liberty - symbolically welcoming the world's tired, poor, and huddled masses - was originally conceived as a Muslim peasant woman.

As The Hill reports, The Statue of Liberty was originally designed to be a Muslim woman, the Smithsonian Institution's magazine says.

An article on the government-administered museum’s blog, Smart News, claims one of the designers of Lady Liberty drew inspiration from monuments in Egypt and originally intended to construct a veiled female peasant on the Suez Canal.

No, you are incorrect

The a grain of truth to the story is that the meme picked up on the interesting historical footnote that one of the earlier projects of Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi was a large woman holding up a torch and symbolizing Egypt's progress. The giant statue would have been titled, "Egypt or Progress Carrying the Light to Asia".

Since Egypt's ruler had no money, the project went nowhere.

Bartholdi at the time was somewhat obsessed with Ancient Egypt. It was ancient Egypt that interested him rather than Islam. The statue was meant to celebrate Egyptian civilization rather than Islam.

In any case the idea that "Egypt" became the Statue of Liberty is a myth. How do we know that?

Here's what Bartholdi had to say about it, "At that time my Statue of Liberty did not exist, even in my imagination, and the only resemblance between the drawing that I submitted to the Khedive and the statue now in New York's beautiful harbor is that both held a light aloft. Now how is a sculptor to make a statue which is to serve the purpose of a lighthouse without making it hold the light in the air?"

The Statue of Liberty originally functioned as a lighthouse

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Came in expecting to read support for this idiots actions. Happy to say I was wrong.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Why would any of us support assaulting a woman, for any reason? There is a religion that is systematically built around the assault and segregation, and dehumanizing of women, in fact so much so that two women equals one mans word. So on both accounts I will exclaim severe prejudice, my tolerance will not become so tolerant that it tolerates intolerance, I hope one day you join me.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Looks like we all agree this guy sucks. In fact, had a stranger approached me and removed ANY of my clothing, I would have considered it assault, and got a warrant for his arrest.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
Thanks for that. I'm glad you're right!

(post by TheBulk removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
For those giving that guy a hard time.

Man created God.

The man created Government.

The hijab is a misogynistic throw back to Neanderthals so to speak.

Why the hell would 'God' want people to cover their faces of all things.

Sure we can blame the serpent in the garden of eden for clothes.

But covering womens' faces ?

Come on now people really gonna sit there and defend that 'right wing' neocon clinging to korans, and religion' nonsense ?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Government Historians Admit Statue Of Liberty Was Originally A Muslim Woman.

Well if that's the case we better treat the SL like naivety scene's, and cross's on public buildings.

Tear down that Statue people!

After ALL we have that 'separation' of church and state.

Except when it comes to all things 'muslim'.

Christians?

Sucks to be them.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
North Carolina has been a little odd lately.....me thinks they've been abusing the cough medicine....I know I have!

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Why was my question about left wing agitators stealing people's Trump hats deleted?

originally posted by: angeldoll
Looks like we all agree this guy sucks. In fact, had a stranger approached me and removed ANY of my clothing, I would have considered it assault, and got a warrant for his arrest.

It's become a common tactic of the left wing Bernie agitators. I haven't seen a shred of outrage from the usual suspects. In fact mentioning gets your comment deleted.
edit on 16-5-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join