It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Indian teen was raped by her father. Village elders had her whipped.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

The teenage girl, dressed in pink, sits in the dirt before six community elders.

A villager ties her waist with rope, holding the other end, and lifts a tree branch into the air. She bows her head. The first lash comes, then another, then another. Ten in all. She lets out a wail.
Her crime? Being too scared to tell anyone her father raped her.The male-dominated councils that govern villages in India are hundreds of years old and have been known for their harsh punishments. This is a crime beyond comprehension, to punish a 13 year old girl for "keeping mum"?, knowing she would not be believed. It is know India also has a big problem with their "Cast System" and it along with "tribal mob" law enforcement needs a total overhaul. But alas, not in our lifetime, as it's embedded in their time machine culture. www.washingtonpost.com... d6c840-c531-11e5-8965-0607e0e265ce_story.html?wpmm=1&wpinl_ww
edit on 14-5-2016 by tommo39 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

The link was broken. What, if anything, happened to the father?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
We are not supposed to judge other cultures.
No matter how f&$&&ed up they are.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Not good, but also none of yours or my business. Making it an issue here because it happened over there is just dumb. What, personally, are YOU going to do about this? Nothing. So it boils down to awareness.

Thank you, I'm aware...

the end.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

India is a toilet.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Not good, but also none of yours or my business. Making it an issue here because it happened over there is just dumb. What, personally, are YOU going to do about this? Nothing. So it boils down to awareness.

Thank you, I'm aware...

the end.

There are many people who believe in their religion. Which is Hinduism. They know not how twisted and evil they are. It doesn't bring enlightenment. They still commit horrendous crimes, they fight in wars, they are hypocrites. And none of what they teach is true. All of their false gods are just like they are.

And their religious leaders are a bunch of hypocritical bullies.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
No you don't have to judge other cultures...in this case a large bomb will solve the problem.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Making it an issue here because it happened over there is just dumb.
Ok with me if YOU think it's dumb. So it appears your opinion is that women's RAPE is a "dumb" subject and should be suppressed and not be spoken about? I see your 51 post's are all reply's to others ,so how about a not so "dumb" article from you?.....

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInitial

Sorry about the link,he it is again: www.washingtonpost.com... d6c840-c531-11e5-8965-0607e0e265ce_story.html?wpmm=1&wpinl_ww

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

THE article is about RAPE and punishment of a young girl.....

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

There was a BBC documentary of a famous rape case in India Called India's Daughter. It talks about how some of the negative aspects of Indian culture was that sometimes the rapists justify their rapes by saying the victim deserved it.

Here is the trailer

edit on 5/14/2016 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: tommo39

THE article is about RAPE and punishment of a young girl.....

Not in India.
It's just punishment there.
Like I said, f'ed up culture.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Yes, rape in general is dumb. Suppression? Of course not! Why would you check my tally on posts and lack of articles? What does that prove? If you care to address my original question, I'm all ears, or eyes lol. If not, whatever. I'll live.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Some DESERVE to be judged, and harshly. How else are they supposed to rise above disgusting, criminal and abhorrent behavior? How could any civilized culture just step back and not do something to fix such as these types of "beliefs"?! SOMEONE HAS TO DRAW A LINE. How hard is that? Otherwise why bother to even attempt to bring these backward cultures into an atmosphere of civility, teach them right from wrong? And don't ask " who's to determine right from wrong?" That's not even a legitimate query...more like a "duh" thing.

It's just so horrible that many of these unjust, cruel and heinous crimes are based in "religion". Religion should bring peace, love and healing. But it seems as though these people pick and choose to harbor, keep alive and pass on the worst of their " religion " instead of ridding the world of that which keeps hatred, stupidity, soul crushing and ugly death dealing ideals alive and well.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Rubicon3

I agree it's a turd that needs flushed, but they might feel the same about ours.

And how exactly do you plan on forcing your changes on them? Guns maybe?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Caste system and tribalism.

What ever happened to the knowledge of Karma?
How can this be justified by the golden rule?
How is this Dharma?

I expected more from the Hindus.
edit on 14-5-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: QuinnP

People from all religions commit crimes. People of no religion commit crimes. People from all religions fight in wars, as do those with no religion.

Sounds like your issue is with humanity in general yet for some reason you've chosen to fixate on Indians and Hinduism.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Why would you check my tally on posts and lack of articles?
Due to your original dumb post, i was wondering what your interest's were. But alas, nil articles, not even a conspiracy theory....

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

You mention "CAST SYSTEM", there is also a good article on this at:

The new 140-character war on India’s caste system
www.washingtonpost.com... e84055301_story.html?wpmm=1&wpinl_ww

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Thats not what he's saying. He's saying youre judging this by your value system, not theirs. No matter how bad your upbringing tells you it is, is their way and their society. Thats all.

We all are horrified, but they are just as horrified by things we do.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join