It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Indian teen was raped by her father. Village elders had her whipped.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Education would be a fair start. Of course you'd have to get past the aspects of minds twisted not only by religion, but on going, sanctioned inbreeding.

Why did you arbitrarily toss in "guns" as a solution? Did I allude to using "force"? I don't see where that comment was even remotely called for...do you, really? I'm hardly in favor of that type of education, so please don't get all snarky with me for some perceived and unjustified thought you had.

There is ALOT that needs to be changed in this world of ours. I can't even begin to think of many/any solutions unfortunately. I'm like most people, just here to learn, ask questions to seek whatever clarity i can and hope to understand a little more about the human condition. If through my questions, thoughts, opinions something good or worthwhile comes of it then I'd feel pretty happy about it. You?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Actually, India has very few "toilets."

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

The rape and the local reaction to it by village elders are disgusting, symptoms of a society that privileges men and cultural tradition over women and individual rights.

Equally disgusting, however, is the spectacle of a bunch of low-staus bigots from a different society turning the event into entertainment and an excuse to parade their racism.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Well, that really sucks of me. Excuse me while I don't care. I have a lot of conspiracy theories, most of which have been extensively discussed here.... Which is why I signed up. I like new takes on the older stuff, and look forward to new topics as they arise from obscurity.

India, for the most part, is a gigantic cat box. Most of the people I know from there are very traditional, or their kids are extremely Americanised, or they're kinda equal. Either way, there is a strong dividing line between man and woman.

We of course do not want the rapes or beatings, but this country (US) sure could use that dividing line again to a certain extent. As we can CLEARLY see that line blurred beyond recognition in society today.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow
Cool

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22 Ever heard of Mother Teresa? It depends upon your conscience.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Where the HELL is Madonna when this Sh't goes down?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: tommo39 You have now crossed the line and attacking the poster personally. So what if they are a responder? I was a lurker for a long time. I have never started a thread. I learn so much from reading other's thoughts and opinions it is like gold to me. Your criticism is way too personal; so, I guess you are hunting for ways to destroy them. This is not common on this website and certainly not useful. There is value in those who listen (read), think about it and respond if we feel we have a different view. Pls don't ruin this discourse for others.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Equally disgusting, however, is the spectacle of a bunch of low-staus bigots
Could not agree more. I have contact with many sites, and generally posters who may not agree with members comments, at least post constructive replies. ATS has open my eyes with the reply's of some people here.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Some folks in this forum does not seem to be any smarter than those village Elders

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

Yes Maddy, many of them leave a lot to be desired, shame....

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21
Some folks in this forum does not seem to be any smarter than those village Elders

Aye and it's always been so. As fast as people are to condemn folk in other countries, they are frequently emulating the same ignorant mindset they claim to scorn.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

none of yours or my business. Making it an issue here because it happened over there is just dumb.
That a pretty dumb comment from your E/S friend, i suggest you look at all relevant posts on this subject before you bla-bla....

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

India is a toilet.

When was the last time you visited?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: QuinnP

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Not good, but also none of yours or my business. Making it an issue here because it happened over there is just dumb. What, personally, are YOU going to do about this? Nothing. So it boils down to awareness.

Thank you, I'm aware...

the end.

There are many people who believe in their religion. Which is Hinduism. They know not how twisted and evil they are. It doesn't bring enlightenment. They still commit horrendous crimes, they fight in wars, they are hypocrites. And none of what they teach is true. All of their false gods are just like they are.

And their religious leaders are a bunch of hypocritical bullies.

and that differs from Christianity how?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

originally posted by: QuinnP

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Not good, but also none of yours or my business. Making it an issue here because it happened over there is just dumb. What, personally, are YOU going to do about this? Nothing. So it boils down to awareness.

Thank you, I'm aware...

the end.

There are many people who believe in their religion. Which is Hinduism. They know not how twisted and evil they are. It doesn't bring enlightenment. They still commit horrendous crimes, they fight in wars, they are hypocrites. And none of what they teach is true. All of their false gods are just like they are.

And their religious leaders are a bunch of hypocritical bullies.

and that differs from Christianity how?

Most so-called Christian religions, especially those which make up Christendom (religions that claim to believe in the Bible but participate in politics and warfare) are just the same.

When did I say they are any different.

The clergy of Christendom are a bunch of bullies as well. And they are sometimes the most atheistic, unbelieving hypocrites there are.
edit on 15-5-2016 by QuinnP because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

We are not supposed to judge other cultures. No matter how f&$&&ed up they are.
I'v seen your same comment in many discussions, instead of the same old rhetoric, how about a constructive contribution to this thread?..asking too much mate?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
You should change the title to 'A Teen from India'.. since the word "Indian" is used to refer to native American Indians.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

The rape and the local reaction to it by village elders are disgusting, symptoms of a society that privileges men and cultural tradition over women and individual rights.

Equally disgusting, however, is the spectacle of a bunch of low-staus bigots from a different society turning the event into entertainment and an excuse to parade their racism.

Translation:

Everybody sucks so don't talk about people sucking because you suck too.

Sub text:

Self righteousness is fun, hypocrisy is inevitable and irony is ignored like elephants in living rooms.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
You should change the title to 'A Teen from India'.. since the word "Indian" is used to refer to native American Indians.

India has dibs on "Indian" because it's one of the cradles of civilisation.

Native Americans were labelled 'Indians' because the 14th/15th Century explorers thought they'd found a westerly short-cut to India.

<< 1    3 >>

join