It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Army: Join The Earth Space Defence

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
If you haven't already seen the commercial that has everyone talking, you can catch it here.

I find it interesting that the Army is officially on board with this. It seemed like a clever hoax at first, but the U.S. Army website is actually showing the video. What are your thoughts?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: strangechristian777

It is an ad for the new Independence Day Resurgence movie....

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I'd say someone really liked playing Earth Defense Force.

I guess that's one way to unite the world, some outer space threat...

It's just.. where are the aliens? Or will the EDF be fighting 'blue beams'?

link   
It is viral marketing for the new "Independence Day" movie.

The Army is jumping in on the hoopla in order to help recruit people. It's just the Army + Hollywood teaming up to accomplish goals together.

1. Market the new movie

2. Get recruitment numbers up

You aren't going into space or going to be fighting aliens in the Army. The US Army doesn't do space anyway -- they're land crawlers.

It's the Void Navy -- and they don't even exist.

Officially.

link   

seeker1963 called it - its for a movie! Well darn...

I was looking forward to having my mind blown...

- AB

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Lol, the newspaper headline in the background "Aliens Defeated" doesn't mean from outer space. They can't say outright-- Assad, Iran or Russia defeated, that would be too obvious.

Its for stupids that think joining the army will be a fun adventure…

Have we got a job for you, sign right here.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I do think that Hollywood, TV, games and books are all trying to soften our minds to the acceptance of intelligent alien life.

I think we are being broken into the idea of having off-world navies and fleets of ships.

Hell, like the book "Armada" our video games might even be training tools for the youth of today to help them better pilot space superiority fighters one day, or identify top recruits.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Won't let me enlist in the ESD.. tried to click "enlist" and nothing.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

They want real wizards, not plastic ones.

Joking...lol

I wonder if they had to many people scrambling to "enlist". LOL Wouldn't that be funny...?

I'd want off this rock. Send me on a 1-way trip to Mars. They'll name a high school after me someday...maybe some roads too.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I do think that Hollywood, TV, games and books are all trying to soften our minds to the acceptance of intelligent alien life.

Me too… remember Teletubbies?

UfO teletubbiers for kids

Question being will they use this conditioning to accept alien life as a ruse or not? I get worried when they direct this stuff at children to young to understand the difference.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Oh man, June 24 cannot come sooner!!! I have been waiting 20 years for an ID4 sequel. I even remember getting a floppy disk (the hard ones) in a McDonalds happy meal as a kid that had a short generic game to play. Finally we can kick some alien ass with better tech. Its nice to see much of the old cast return. What has me curious is how they will portray the various governments of the world or current global events. You know when that little TV in the background that is usually on a news channel during a scene, but is just visible enough for you to catch a headline or two scrolling down. Or a stray newspaper.

Those are the little things in a movie I really enjoy. How will the Chinese be portrayed?? If anyone hasn't noticed, ever since the Chinese bought the AMC theater chain that they are frequently portrayed as a powerful military and economic force that heavily influences some global policy or other. Like Pacific Rim for instance.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: PlasticWizard

They want real wizards, not plastic ones.

Joking...lol

I wonder if they had to many people scrambling to "enlist". LOL Wouldn't that be funny...?

I'd want off this rock. Send me on a 1-way trip to Mars. They'll name a high school after me someday...maybe some roads too.

But, but, but.. I am a real wizard... with plastic and other materials . People started calling me a wizard a couple years ago. I can make plastic do a lot of fun things.

My first thought was "uh yes please! Let's blast some aliens!" then I couldn't enlist and I had an immediate sad face
. Lol

I'm sure a lot of people didn't catch it was for the new movie.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Hey, the Navy got a huge bang for their buck back when I was a kid from "Final Countdown".

Maybe I should do a commercial script as a recruitment tool for space duty. "Join up and do stoop labor planting gardens and cleaning the field lighting on Planet Dirt. If you get there alive"

Recruit 1: "Once you get there, you realize...you really like the color green. Or blue. Or, you know, anything but red. We got dull red, we got bright red. But it's red. Red gets...old"

Recruit 2: "At least they finally got an AAFES store. Now I can buy a t-shirt that has this logo on but can't tell anyone what it means. And booze. And dip. Hey, and tennis balls. And you can rent a tennis racket. Because that's about all we got is clay courts and running tracks"

Recruit 3: "At the end of a busy day planting cabbages and #, you get to lie under the sun lamps out in the field. That you look forward to that is sort of sad. But it's something. And it's at least normal colors there"

Scientist 1: "I spend all day in these...cliff dwelling looking things. I'm still not sure. There's no river, no obvious means of erosion that would have produced these...structures. But there's no beads, no pottery, no garbage dumps under the sand, no tombs or burial places, at least not that we can find. And no DNA. But we don't even know if they HAD DNA, so it's sort of tough to use that as a data point. It's really frustrating. I'd love to find a hand axe"

Paste some stirring music on the front and back, and I think people would be lining up.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

The preview did not hint at a possible presence on Mars. But I think, and would love it if they make references to it in the movie. I imagine their technology allowed us to maybe to start mining other rocks in the void??

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   

The void navy hah! Thats priceless.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

It says in the link you posted it's an ad for the Independence Day Resurgence movie do you read your own links before posting

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Question being will they use this conditioning to accept alien life as a ruse or not? I get worried when they direct this stuff at children to young to understand the difference.

REALLY not when you look at who created the teletubbies

Teletubbies is a British pre-school children's television series created by Ragdoll Productions' Anne Wood CBE and Andrew Davenport,

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

Teletubbies is a British pre-school children's television series created by Ragdoll Productions' Anne Wood CBE and Andrew Davenport,

The Media created the Teletubbies to influence young minds to an agenda, not the reality. From an adult perspective we go pffft… fantasy. Little kids don't know from fantasy, To them, these beings are real.

Edit: To young enough minds the TV is real. Step back and let that sink in…
edit on 11-5-2016 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

The Media created the Teletubbies to influence young minds to an agenda, not the reality. From an adult perspective we go pffft… fantasy. Little kids don't know from fantasy, To them, these beings are real.

They were to ENTERTAIN young minds, since I have two kids that grew up with and other friends of ours children and they don't see them as Aliens or to represent Aliens if what you think was true it was a poor attempt

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

They were to ENTERTAIN young minds, since I have two kids that grew up with and other friends of ours children and they don't see them as Aliens or to represent Aliens if what you think was true it was a poor attempt

Glad you taught your kids the difference. My response wasn't directed at good parents.

You should remember though all indoctrination and brain washing for younger minds is imbued behind "entertainment".

<<   2 >>

join