It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2016 canadian census is out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
if there are any other 2016 census threads please delete this one.

well i just got the 2016 canadian census and was wondering if anyone else , from the u.s or else where also got theirs?

in canada it says on the census envelope '' complete the census - it's the law. '' , does it say this on other country's census too?

to me this shows just how totalitarianism has infiltrated the Canadian government, if they say this is the law and you must fallow it where does it end? it was the law to obey Hitler too, but that doesn't make it right.

what are your thoughts on the census?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: theboarman

Americans must answer U.S. Census Bureau survey by law, though agency hasn't prosecuted since 1970!

Source! www.politifact.com...

Yes it's a law here but I guess you don't have to fill it in. Lol crazy world we live in!
edit on 5 5 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I don't think I completed it last time it came out. Nothing happened to me.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Yes, completed ours about a week ago. ( US )

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Got it. Just the short form this time. Have to get around to it soon.
The only reason I haven't done it yet is just laziness on my part.

If they don't get an idea of who is where, and how many, they can't tell what resources are needed in specific areas. Hospitals, schools, doctors, teachers, government offices, etc.

It's always been law to fill it out, that's not new.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

I should add I'm filling it out this time. The only reason I didn't last time is because it got lost. And as you said it's about knowing where resources need to be utilized effectively.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
i got mine in the mail plus some chick came to my door. i'm not answering it. alberta gov can eat my crotch.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

A few years ago I was late turning mine in. One day someone knocked on my door and I thought it was the Jehovah Witnesses again but it was the people from the census dept. or hired outsourced people

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: theboarman
what are your thoughts on the census?

One. Next.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
There done. I did it online, took less than 5 min.
Now I don't have to worry about one of the dogs eating the form.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   

It's the law ? Pfft! I destroyed mine the second it came in the mail.

As if I'm going to submit my personal information to the gov.

They know where they can stick it.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I had someone come to the door twice on weekend and a threatening phone call the last time they wanted us to fill out the census under the Harper regime.....I ended up filling it out.....sorta. Found one on the door this am.........Dog must have been sleeping. People are pretty brave seeing no tresspassing and beware of dog signs at the end of the drive.....hmmmmm

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
If they are being sent out in the mail starting this week, (some have already received them and filled them out)...then why are people knocking on doors already to fill them out? Isn't that something they do after they have given everyone ample time to do it voluntarily? Seems pushy from the get-go. I checked my mail yesterday and it's not there yet, but I have quite happily added the following phrase to the "NO SOLICITING, NO EXCEPTIONS" sign on my front door... "YES, we have filled out our CENSUS form!". Due to reading many comments online of citizens already being harassed by census takers... I'm beating the buggers to the punch.
I begrudgingly filled out the last one, but I delayed it as long as possible and it was filled with eraser marks, coffee rings, and other assorted food stains. A slight of civil disobedience on my part. Time will tell what this one brings, and how I choose to have fun with it.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I believe I missed filling it out one year in the past and nobody has come to arrest me yet.
edit on 6-5-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join