It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans' Distracted By The Bathroom Wars While 3 Nuclear Disasters Unfold

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
It's the magician lovely assistant. Both sides do it and honestly I do believe they work together to hide this #. Neither party cares further than their sponsors. When some stupid issue happens I always ask myself why do they want me to look this way? What are they diverting my attention from.

What do I know? I really don't like any politicians since they are all lying liars that lie.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Old people will tell you they never covered elections like this ever before. The constant barrage from the main stream is exceeding all tolerance levels.

Really, every single states primary, three days till super tuesday, two days till stupor dupes day, demonstrations, riots, pre-pre-polling result talk shows… Barnum and Bailey would be proud.

Big distraction, yep. Once were all brainwashed to death the election happens and bang, the door slams shut. The only time politicians are available is during the election cycle. Then its back to business as usual behind closed doors in the state of secrets.
edit on 5-5-2016 by intrptr because: additional

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I realize that a malfunctioning nuclear plant is no joke - but how much danger was/is there really? Were there any deaths or is there any chance of death. I could imagine it not becoming major national news if the government (and/or media) wants to avoid mass panic. I know that people are panicking about the whole bathroom debate, but I can imagine things getting rather dangerous if there were mass hysteria caused by people thinking we were about to suffer nuclear winter.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Typically they all pee on the seat because they hover they don't sit. Lol. Finding a dry seat is near impossible if it's a busy rest stop.

Right!! This is exactly what I think when guys make women's restrooms out to be magical places that smell like roses and sparkly clean especially the high traffic locations. It is not uncommon to find urine, blood or feces on the seat. About the biggest difference between the men and women's bathroom is that in the women's your feet are not planted in a half inch deep puddle of urine.

I've never heard anything concerning about my local power plant but it does make me a bit uneasy living so near to one and DC for that matter.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Left or right, if one believes that where a person takes their toilet is going to be more likely to affect ones life, than a radiological event of significant gravitas, then I would posit that a dose of radiation is probably what one needs to get ones priotrities in order.

Good lord!

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Bluntone22

Left or right, if one believes that where a person takes their toilet is going to be more likely to affect ones life, than a radiological event of significant gravitas, then I would posit that a dose of radiation is probably what one needs to get ones priotrities in order.

Good lord!

Of course - but that goes back to my point about avoiding mass panic. I find it amazing how many people come out of the woodwork, claiming to be offended by transgenders using a female bathroom and by transgenderism in general. "Oh, but they can just dress as a woman and rape my little girl." I just think, right, dumbass, and any guy can just molest your son in the men's bathroom.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Nice damage control there.

I have not found much information on Turkey Creek, and this is a little concerning given my proximity to the plant.
edit on 5-5-2016 by jrod because: r

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Here is more links about the Turkey Point power plant.

www.utilitydive.com...

news.discovery.com...
edit on 5-5-2016 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

www.keysnet.com...
edit on 5-5-2016 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

It seems that the issues with the Turkey Point power plant has been going
on for a few decades.Most of the links that I have been finding are a few weeks old.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
There was an increase in leakage from the Washington Hanford site site.

A nuclear leak first spotted five years ago at Washington state's Hanford Site has got dramatically worse with eight inches of radioactive liquid escaping a protective carbon steel shell.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... -eight-inches-radioactive-waste-escapes-world-s-safest-tank-one-night.html#ixzz47oAi0l7J

www.usnews.com...

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I've been using "women's" bathrooms for years. I find it absolutely ridiculous to stand in line or wait for a single use bathroom to become available while the "women's" bathroom is not being used. Sure, I get strange looks sometimes but so the f# what. What's going to happen? Are they going to throw me in toilet jail or something?? Get real. People really need to grow up.

As far as the potential and ongoing disasters in the news, what else is new? If it's not one thing it's another. I'm not being apathetic, I'm just saying as a whole, we humans are our own disaster.

So I say, if you gotta go.....GO for pete's sake!! There's nothing sacred about a toilet!! And if you haven't got the hint yet, more bad news is coming.. Guaranteed.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: Rocker2013

Bottom line...Nearly all the threads getting a lot of attention had something to do
with that bathroom issue!
We at ATS should know better and start wondering what could be going on when
the U.S. focus is being distracted by such a ridiculous issue.

The name of the game, on ALL online Media, is to keep you distracted while giving you the illusion you are solving something.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

The notion that this is some kind of "deliberate distraction" is a bit of a fallacy when you start to wonder how a Republican governor would suddenly do his bit to help his democrat colleagues in power to supposedly "cover up" something with a bill that's only going to damage his own state to the tune of potentially billions of $'s in lost revenue.

The fact is that American's don't like complicated news. Just like plenty of other populations they prefer to be spoon fed the issue of the day to get angry about, and the simpler it is the better.

You might as well be asking why so many people are more interested in what a Kardashian is doing right now than TTIP, or NATO, or North Korea... these are all COMPLEX things that the public doesn't really have much of an interest in.

The same for these instances you show. To understand what's going on here someone would have to read another ten articles about what the problems are and what the terminology actually means. The public just isn't that interested in it, no conspiracy needed.

Absoeffinglutely. Well said. What amazes me is that on a site like this members are supposed to be a bit more clued up. Some are. But there is an awful lot of folks her on ATS who are WORSE than the lazy/ignorant joe public.

Everything that goes wrong is due to a conspiracy NOOOOOO the vast majority that goes wrong is due to human beings screwing up followed by the inability of those humans to say "I am wrong" or "It was my mistake". Ass covering takes over.

I just wish people here on ATS could be a bit more logical as they used to be 10 years ago......

Oh, and whilst I am on a bit of an alcohol fuelled rant (Balvenie Hmmm), I am saddened by the number of poor souls here on ATS who's only interaction with the world is via some pointless trolllike thread......you know what I mean.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Living as I do a short drive from the Hanford Nuclear facility on the Columbia River, this sort of thing has been a lifetime in the news.

My mother, grandmother, three of my uncles were all downwinders.

I follow the issue very closely, because it's only a matter of time before these storage tanks begin to leak into the Columbia in quantities too big to cover up.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

The news is there to be seen. Up to us, to make sure something is done.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: polyath

Explore the history of Hanford here in the Pacific North West. There is a significant danger to the health and well being of the several hundred thousand people who live along the banks of the Columbia river.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
There was an increase in leakage from the Washington Hanford site site.

A nuclear leak first spotted five years ago at Washington state's Hanford Site has got dramatically worse with eight inches of radioactive liquid escaping a protective carbon steel shell.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... -eight-inches-radioactive-waste-escapes-world-s-safest-tank-one-night.html#ixzz47oAi0l7J

www.usnews.com...

It's an ongoing battle;

Officials say the number of workers at Hanford Nuclear Reservation evaluated for chemical vapor exposure has climbed to 42, following reports last month that a tank had leaked several thousand gallons of radioactive waste.

Continued- while they have been cleared for work again;

Attorney General Bob Ferguson says he's exploring further legal options to keep workers safe and plans to meet with Hanford workers later this week.

Gov. Jay Inslee this week called the vapor issue "disturbing."

Source

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: tombaccei
The masses are engaged in mental trivia

Trivia? It's human waste. Do you comprehend what happens when human waste is not contained properly.

How many times a day do you relieve yourself of human waste?

It's NOT TRIVIA.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Noted - I'll be checking it out.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Your source doesn't sound too credible to me.

Disclaimer at NaturalBlaze.com

The content on NaturalBlaze.com is information based on the opinions and scholarship of the authors. This site is intended for educational and commentary purposes only, both of which are strictly protected by Free Speech.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join