It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am starting to believe in God

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

That's called giving up and/or procrastination.
...or, believing from oneself's short time here that oneself and onself alone knows all already...

edit on 1/5/2016 by Gyo01 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: clevargenuis

Very misguided statement. If a planet displays all the characteristics of say earth, it safe to assume that other lifeforms could evolve in such similar conditions, when compared with the evidence on earth.

Assuming life can evolve on a planet with water does not require a faith based system.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

originally posted by: clevargenuis
Also its way too easy to heae that.

In fact, I would say that in the religious case people are being charitable because it's expected and they do it out of fear or what MAY come if they do not.

if you and your family have been starving for 2 days ....and if a religious person hands you food packets to fulfill a religious duty, would you refuse it?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
What a coincidence OP! I am starting to have faith in Satan!

Actually I am starting to find more confidence in Satan than God. Since the Bible says that God inspired the Bible and God confused the languages at the Tower of Babel. God made the people who previously spoke ONE language to speak many languages. And yet a few Chapters before the Tower of Babel the inspired word of God says that Noah's descendants spoke more than one language.

edit on 1-5-2016 by Miracula2 because: added tower of Babel contradiction

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: GemmyMcGemJew

Assuming life can evolve on a planet with water does not require a faith based system.

has NASA given you proof of life existing on other planets with water? NO.

if you still believe life exists out there then its an act of FAITH.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2

Actually I am starting to find more confidence in Satan than God. Since the Bible says that God inspired the Bible and God confused the languages at the Tower of Babel. God made the people who previously spoke ONE language to speak many languages. And yet a few Chapters before the Tower of Babel the inspired word of God says that Noah's descendants spoke more than one language.

This is like the 5th time in this thread that my acknowledgement of a Higher power/God has been mistaken as a conversion to christianity

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

That is also very correct. However, there is science behind the theories on life elsewhere in the universe. There is none for God.

For example, we're carbon based life forms and it is essential to all life as we know it here on Earth.

Carbon is one of the most reactive elements we know of, in that it works so well with so many other common, popular elements, like hydrogen, oxygen and nitrogen. All of which are very abundant on Earth and in the galaxy.

So, it stands to reason, albeit we cannot categorically state it is true, that the possibility of life outside our planet is greater than 0 based on these known facts of carbon.

We don't have ANYTHING like that for the theory of God.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

heres my story:
i used to LOVE debating religious people. I thought the God delusion was a masterpiece and I used to watch hours of videos mocking religions on youtube and thinking "haw haw religious people are so dumb".

And then something happened that caused me to question my outlook on life. I had a dream that I met an old friend whom I hadnt seen in years at a certain place...and guess what? Two days later that dream indeed came true.
I did meet him at the exact same location i saw in my dream. There were many other details that matched the dream. its too easy to dismiss this as a mere coincidence so dont give me that explaination. plenty of people have had dreams come true and science explainAtions of it is that its a coincidence. Sorry not buying it lmao

This got me thinking, maybe there is an unseen world that we access in dreams. clearly there is more to the world than just matter. religions speak of an intangible spirit world, and perhaps dreams are one aspect of it.

Personally I have other reasons then dreams to believe in God but I have experienced that phenomenon as well. I tend to believe that while in a sleep state we have access to portions of our brains that we are not normally privy to. I think physic abilities is just one of many.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

That is also very correct. However, there is science behind the theories on life elsewhere in the universe. There is none for God.

The being many call "God" could well be counted as "life elsewhere in the universe".

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

heres my story:
i used to LOVE debating religious people. I thought the God delusion was a masterpiece and I used to watch hours of videos mocking religions on youtube and thinking "haw haw religious people are so dumb".

And then something happened that caused me to question my outlook on life. I had a dream that I met an old friend whom I hadnt seen in years at a certain place...and guess what? Two days later that dream indeed came true.
I did meet him at the exact same location i saw in my dream. There were many other details that matched the dream. its too easy to dismiss this as a mere coincidence so dont give me that explaination. plenty of people have had dreams come true and science explainAtions of it is that its a coincidence. Sorry not buying it lmao

This got me thinking, maybe there is an unseen world that we access in dreams. clearly there is more to the world than just matter. religions speak of an intangible spirit world, and perhaps dreams are one aspect of it.

You're not alone, some people go through different forms of waking up to that. Some encounter jesus, others encounters the Devil which is enough to frighten them to go towards God and change their ways.

Don't get me wrong though, all religions are corrupt, but you don't need to be in a religion to be born again.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Well if god is life then he would display the characteristics of life. He displays very few (displays nothing in reality )

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

Anyone can change the words in a book. Wanna see me do it?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2

Sorry brother, but you listened to a djinn when you wrote that post. They ARE real and so is God. I just prayed for you because I know stupid djinn talk when I read/hear it.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gyo01
a reply to: Miracula2

Anyone can change the words in a book. Wanna see me so it?

If God=good and Satan=evil how does God curse man with different languages? People confuse God and Satan as Good and Evil. Evil exists. Good exists. Yet God has no above or below. Left or right. Beginning nor end. 1st dimension nor the Nth. ETERNAL.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Perhaps, but in the context of what earth-based scriptures suggest, God is immortal and immaterial and created everything. Something which is a huge claim to make with no evidence to support it.

At least science tries to explain and understand the universe, not hide in fear from it.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gyo01

Listen to the djinn and you will be cursed to live amongst them. Then you will realize djinn hate themselves and Shaitan, and Shaitan hates djinn.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Perhaps, but in the context of what earth-based scriptures suggest, God is immortal and immaterial and created everything. Something which is a huge claim to make with no evidence to support it.

At least science tries to explain and understand the universe, not hide in fear from it.

Creation implies a beginning. There was no beginning. Nor is there an end.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Metaphysics and philosophy also attempt to explain and understand the universe.

Alot of the posts in the thread assume the op is contemplating the idea of the "Christian" God.Western thoughthas a history of going much deeper when it comes to contemplating the nature of the divine.The Greeks for example shined in this department, the Stoics, Neoplatonists, and Pythagoreans to name a few.Hermetics is also worth taking a look at, all these framing the divine in the context of the natural laws operating in our lives...
edit on 1-5-2016 by dffrntkndfnml because: spelling and grammer

edit on 1-5-2016 by dffrntkndfnml because: x2

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: GemmyMcGemJew
I had a dream therefore god. You do realise that how it looks. Just a shame we've lost another mind through lack of understanding or willingness to understand

I had deja vu therefore god.not just god...a religious god too.

Thats not what i said at all. How do you explain dreams that come true on many levels?

A guess_ quantum entanglement causing information exchange thru space time (synchronicity).
. If god exists or not depend on the definition of (a) god. There are from my point of view beings who believe in perfection of behavior to make sure they do as little harm as possible on all levels. They are for me "The divine".

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

No, but what has that got to do with anything? Your initial, and very biased statement:

Also its way too easy to heap insults on religios ppl. Its a fact that religious people run charities, orphanages, hospitals etc. You gotta give credit where its due. It takes a lot to hang out with lepers and the poor. Only those of religious mindsets can do something like that.

is very inaccurate and is assuming only those of faith are capable of charity or charitable deeds. I argue against and go a step further that the religious doer of charity is in fact doing it because they are compelled due to religious scripture or fear of what may happen if they do not.

Conversely, a non-religious person would do it because of a more honest reason. That's all.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join