It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am starting to believe in God

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
heres my story:
i used to LOVE debating religious people. I thought the God delusion was a masterpiece and I used to watch hours of videos mocking religions on youtube and thinking "haw haw religious people are so dumb".

And then something happened that caused me to question my outlook on life. I had a dream that I met an old friend whom I hadnt seen in years at a certain place...and guess what? Two days later that dream indeed came true.
I did meet him at the exact same location i saw in my dream. There were many other details that matched the dream. its too easy to dismiss this as a mere coincidence so dont give me that explaination. plenty of people have had dreams come true and science explainAtions of it is that its a coincidence. Sorry not buying it lmao

This got me thinking, maybe there is an unseen world that we access in dreams. clearly there is more to the world than just matter. religions speak of an intangible spirit world, and perhaps dreams are one aspect of it.

(post by Aeshma removed for a manners violation)
(post by Aeshma removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: clevargenuis

We are finally waking all up synchronising loved the story can't wait for people to believe they are capable of the impossible

(post by Aeshma removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Kudos. Every religious prophet had dreams that became reality or interpreted to something that actually would happen in the future.

+13 more 
posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Contd.
So anyway, I relooked the whole internet atheist movement and I noticed the following
1. The vast majority of there arguements revolve around finding discrepancies in bible tales

2. they dont have a real argument against the existence of a spirit world, or a higher dimension (that michio kaku writes about). Maybe that is the key to understanding the spirit realm.

3. a lot of atheists dont take debates with religion seriously its basicly "religion is dumb and your dumb lol"

4. theres a lot of pretentious pseudo intellectual bs that is paraded around as "rational" and logical.

5. A lot of attention whoring for "likes" etc.

I do agree with atheists that religions have caused problems but so what? democracy and capitalism also cause problems, it just depends on perspective.

Also, its a fact that every culture on the planet believes in unseen world - God, angels, demons, heaven and hell. We are hardwired to believe in God, and,its only later in life that people choose not to believe.

(post by clevargenuis removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Kudos. Every religious prophet had dreams that became reality or interpreted to something that actually would happen in the future.

lol im no prophet. My point is that dreams coming true is a phenomenon that should be considered.

Perhaps we are being shown future events in dreams daily but we forget them. Maybe thats what causes deja vu. it feels like a repeat of an event because you once dreamed of it.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Didnt put you in the "prophet" class just yet.

Just backup for ya.

+4 more 
posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I don't know what god is but I do believe there is something structuring life on this planet, something they could call god. This isn't random, it hasn't been random for a million years before man was on this planet. I actually do not accept what science is saying in the theory of evolution, I think there is something much more complex going on. Watch the animals long enough and you see that survival of the fittest is not a governing factor, the animals have personalities and consciousness, down to the smallest microbes. The plants communicate too.

God may just be a link between all living things, but the theory of evolution doesn't say that is possible. I do not know what god is, I only know there is something that could be considered god that exists.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Also its way too easy to heap insults on religios ppl. Its a fact that religious people run charities, orphanages, hospitals etc. You gotta give credit where its due.
It takes a lot to hang out with lepers and the poor. Only those of religious mindsets can do something like that.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I am running a marathon for water, not religious. .. none of my donors are eitner. Between me and my donors we are just under a grand. .. not much but it's more than the people who don't have clean drinking water have. ... did I mention not one of them believes in christ.
edit on AMAmerica/Chicago001205am by Aeshma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Sh@it you not this was gonna be mi next post

My wife and daughter are arguing right now I finally get why men punch eachother in face

One hit and argument is finished done and dusted Shake urself off and let's stick to the bro code my man

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I believe it is random and I love it. I believe life out there won't look anything like this earth.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: GlutenFree

I like you

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Aeshma

Always wanted to tell you love seeing your avatar in threads

U know I don't proof read anything you say never had a problem trusting your posts automatic star I wouldnt bother posting in the thread where I saw it

am I surprised with ur post here ? Nah whatever it is I trust your have your reasons

I am brainwashed everyone ignoritile me my wife is snatching my phone my attention monster

edit on 1-5-2016 by GlutenFree because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I do not know what god is, I only know there is something that could be considered god that exists.

eggsackly!!! Thing is nobody know what God is. Its annoying how some people think they have it all figured out.

God works in the background. Subtle yet in control of the world.

Imagine if you create an army of robots, you dont need to be right in front of them to know what there upto. You can monitor them from a distance. Would it affect you if they dont acknowledge you as their creator???

Maybe we are simply God's robots of flesh and blood. Made Self aware and left to play on earth.

Microscopic organisms = God's nanobots.

edit on 1-5-2016 by clevargenuis because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join