It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A man is a man, and a woman is a woman....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Akragon

I was going to say it's about people being so brow-beaten over being afraid to look too judgmental.

That one piece of scripture about "judge not ..." has been so abused that now I could walk up to some of these kids and tell them the sky is aquamarine, and they'd like agree with me just to avoid looking too mean and judgmental even if it's completely self-evident that the sky is absolutely NOT aquamarine.

But they would start a movement if a person told them the truth and said the sky is blue , that person would be scorned and possibly sued.
Peace

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
ServantOfTheLamb,

See, the thing is: I don't give a hot damn. Its none of my business.

If a 5' 8" Ecuadorian gynecologist wants to believe it is actually a 3 and a half foot green snake with the ability to explode various garden Flora using only the power of thought, who am I to judge, indeed, why the hell should I spare a second thought?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I'd answer your post, but I have no idea what you said.

Yeah, I understand.

Biology is Theology. I'm struggling a little with how you would not get that, you being smart on all this "theology" stuff. but anyway...

Honestly...you see no correlate between the OP's supposition and Western Theology?

Just checking before I explain it to you.

edit on 26-4-2016 by Bybyots because: ?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

But the sky isn't blue.

m.livescience.com...

Just like gender identity, there is more than meets the eye.

It's not as simple as saying "I'm right" like the jerkwad in the video.

Grey.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Just checking before I explain it to you.

Please DO go on! Make the topic relevant to the forum, by all means!

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
"A man is a man, and a woman is a woman..."

Trans people have been saying that for centuries.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Its not bigotry at all, brain signals are not operating at normal capacity if you think you are a woman when you have a penis. It is a mental illness not that I think Transgender are bad people, I think they should have every rights everybody else does but to think that they are women when they have a penis is contrary to every known element of science, biology and common sense.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BoxFulder

So why in your mind is the brain wrong but the body isn't...

Because let me tell you something chemistry survives without biological involvement...

It doesn't work the other way round through.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Love your fallacy. LOL Has no evidence thus does not provide LOL

link   

That's what I thought.

The "Bible" is a dogmatic text based on no scientific enquiry at all. Biblical understanding of the world includes no understanding of biology at all...

...want me to go on?

edit on 26-4-2016 by Bybyots because: ?

link   

you no nothing of the things you just referenced you only read these things somewhere and believe them to be true. The closest thing that can be proven as a fact when it comes to transgender is hermaphidites and asexuals, which are both a very small percentage of the population and are a mutation not a choice

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb

You do realise the brains chemistry and signals ie consciousness tells a completely different story to genetics ie whether you have balls or not. It's not hard to understand. It's wilful ignorance and bigotry.

In psychology a delusion is defined as belief that is clearly false and that indicates an abnormality in the affected person's content of thought. If you have a XY chromosome you are a male. If you have a XX chromosome you are female. These are simply objective facts about biology. If a person believes differently they need help we shouldn't feed the delusion and begin to dilute ourselves.

What about hermaphodites? They can have those pairings and still look female or male. You are confusing GENATALIA with GENDER. In the days of the bible they didnt have scientific study or research to inform their views.

Anyway Science says that GENDER is a MENTAL thing,and SEX is your GENETALIA. Look at any job application and see where it says M or F. I bet you above it it says SEX right?

Its delusional to deny scientific study of brain chemistry and sexual development. Also NO ONE is saying a MtF is a genetic female here.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

This thread has evolved beyond the point of whether or not I should be courteous enough to give you a link to statistics proving that millions of people suffer from gender identity world wide.

I really haven't the time nor the patience to placate to your uneducated whims.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I'm not interested in playing your game. Just say what you mean, or move on.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I own the space I occupy. You may move along as you wish.

edit on 26-4-2016 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I guess that is a valid point but genetics are a far more dependable maker to who you are then your brain. Also just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them a bigot, it dilutes real bigotry. I am Latino with a half black sister and a gay Jewish step brother. I live in the Philippines how can I be a bigot when I believe equality for all? I guess because it doesn't fit your point of view I must be a bigot?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

Nobody is claiming to be taller than they are or a different race than they really are. That is a pathetic example because it's just not happening. However if you look at the brain functioning and hormones of transgender individuals you will see that they don't match the genitalia they were born with.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The silly video in the OP reminds me of the silly arguments when same sex marriage was still being debated.

"What's to stop people from marrying their dogs, or their toasters?"
Since marriage equality has been law, I haven't seen people going in droves to get a marriage license with their toasters.

No, we're not going to all of a sudden have a surge of 5' 9" white men saying they are 6' 5" Chinese women. Give me a break.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

How about I show the methods your proposing are not helping.

High Suicide Rates in Transgender after sexual reassignment

Now please don't misunderstand me. I am not intolerant of these people. If they want to mutilate there genitals, and claim to be a women they are more than welcome to. But this doesn't solve the problem as you can see. The options I presented need to be put into effect even after sexual reassignment surgery. Its by definition a delusion there is no way around that . I am sorry you don't like it but its the truth.
edit on 26-4-2016 by ServantOfTheLamb because: source not working

edit on 26-4-2016 by ServantOfTheLamb because: source not working

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I'll just assume then, that you are unable to make the topic relevant to the forum.

By-By

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join