It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A man is a man, and a woman is a woman....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

So here is a major problem I have with our culture...it really drives me crazy...the best way I can summarize the video is by his closing statement, "It shouldn't be hard to tell a 5'9 white male he isn't a 6'5 chinese female."

Gender is not a choice, it is determined based on your genetics. Anyways what are your thoughts on the responses these people give to his questions?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

Can i assume this is actually about the whole "transgenderism" thing?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I was going to say it's about people being so brow-beaten over being afraid to look too judgmental.

That one piece of scripture about "judge not ..." has been so abused that now I could walk up to some of these kids and tell them the sky is aquamarine, and they'd like agree with me just to avoid looking too mean and judgmental even if it's completely self-evident that the sky is absolutely NOT aquamarine.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Typical expression of a looney right wing group (FPIOW) and their uneducated conflation of gender identity with frivolous things that the brain does not signal to the human being.

Trash.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Generics does, I mean I'm sure panties are more comfortable than tidy whities but wearing them doesn't make youba woman. Some things you can't not change race, gender and being crazy.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Its about nothing more than that video and the ridiculous responses . I think it shows the decline of critical thinking in america.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BoxFulder

Well said.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

So tomorrow I think I'm going to live my day as a starving Bangladeshi boy because that would totally make sense, and these kids would completely let me do that even though I look nothing like:

1.) a little boy
2.) like I am starving
3.) I am Bangladeshi

Why? Because it would be mean and judgmental of them to express skepticism of my pronouncements that I am a little starving Bangladeshi boy which is entirely the point.
edit on 26-4-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

You do realise the brains chemistry and signals ie consciousness tells a completely different story to genetics ie whether you have balls or not.

It's not hard to understand.

It's wilful ignorance and bigotry.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What's the problem with them not having a problem with what you choose to do with your non-harmful beliefs.

Secondly I don't even know what you're talking about really because there isn't a single case of people thinking they're starving bangladeshi children.

There are millions of people with gender identity issues.
edit on 26-4-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: Spelling.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

You do realise the brains chemistry and signals ie consciousness tells a completely different story to genetics ie whether you have balls or not.

It's not hard to understand.

It's wilful ignorance and bigotry.

Oh I understand quite well that the brain has chemistry. Mine has issues that cause me migraines, and I take medications to adjust that.

Sometimes, people have chemical imbalances that cause them to have all kinds of problems, and sometimes those imbalances relate to mood and other disturbances in the brain.

I suppose we ought to ask ourselves when we consider a chemical imbalance something we ought to celebrate and when it's something we ought to treat.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

What's the problem with them not having a problem with what you choose to do with your non-harmful beliefs.

Secondly I don't even know what you're talking about really because there isn't a single case of people thinking they're starving bangleshi children.

There are millions of people with gender identity issues.

Oh then I suppose Rachael Dolezal did not seek to change her ethnicity and this guy up above isn't trying to regress his both his age AND his gender?

All you have to do is add in Dolezal's problem with her ethnicity and you have someone who identifies as a different gender, different age and different ethnicity.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Migraines = Gender Indentity

Yeah, you have it all figured out.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Migraines = Gender Indentity

Yeah, you have it all figured out.

Maybe I should have said depression or schizophrenia or some other mental state affected by dopamine and serotonin. But in the end, it all comes back to chemistry in the brain.

Also, nice straw man. I never equated the two, only pointed out that both originate in with brain chemistry, something you pointed out yourself when it comes to gender dysphoria.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

You are not your brain. Your brain is the link between the body and soul, so brain chemistry can be overridden by personal choice, just as a smoker trying to kick tobacco should resist the cravings put out by his brain chemistry.

Genetics on the other hand cannot be overridden.
edit on 26-4-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

link   

You do realise the brains chemistry and signals ie consciousness tells a completely different story to genetics ie whether you have balls or not. It's not hard to understand. It's wilful ignorance and bigotry.

In psychology a delusion is defined as belief that is clearly false and that indicates an abnormality in the affected person's content of thought. If you have a XY chromosome you are a male. If you have a XX chromosome you are female. These are simply objective facts about biology. If a person believes differently they need help we shouldn't feed the delusion and begin to dilute ourselves.

link   

Rachel Dolezal was a proven liar and attention seeker who got exposed.

No one rallied behind her.
She was outcasted and we haven't seen any SJWs rise to her cause...

She has faded into obscurity, thank the Lord.

One example of a fraud.
Not the same as Millions of cases of gender identity.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

There was also one of the main leaders in BLM who had the same problem ...

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Can someone answer a question for me?

Why in the hell are we discussing this, still?

I don't care what gender ANYONE identifies as.

There used to be a little thing in this world called MYOB remember that?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

Do enlighten me as to how you would help these people's "delusions".

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join