It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Africans Rise in the Thousands Against US Agro-chem Giant Monsanto

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: saadad

Theyve bankrupted and stole farmland here in the US after their fields cross pollenated into private non GMO fields saying the private farmers were stealing patented seeds and crops from them... and guess what? Corrupt state politicans on the take ruled against the farmers and in favor of the Monsantos and Duponts.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Except this has never happened.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Yea I know that story watched documentary.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I live In South Africa , I remember seeing a Mosanto factory while on the road at a very disclosed rural area near Pretoria.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: Chadwickus

The stuff is found in BREAST MILK!

Would you be thrilled to find that your wife's breast was giving your new born son the junk every feeding?

What does Snopes say?

While we're on the carcinogen train, how many everyday items we consume have a higher carcinogenic rating than glyphosate? I'll let you have two for nothing: meat and alcohol.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Fell free to tell that to one of my childhood best friends still a friend to this day... as thats what they did to his whole farmer family. First they paid farmers to set test pestisides in their fields then they built capital enough to lobby against farmers and cut production as they bought fields and land, then the farmers got subsidized not to grow any crops at all, and well still had to pay taxes on it, so some said hey we can grow its our land and the subsidies not too started getting attacked, so they started growing and selling hay in one season for other uses and corn in the other from the fallow fields being tilled in the enrich the soil and well those corporate fields across the way the farmers wouldnt sell out as a legacy to family and way of life were having the land sued right out from under them as the bioengineered seeds cross pollinated with local corn seeds and started taking on the GMO crop bioengineered seeds properties to which Monsanto sued many farmers individually to shut them down for patent violations, now mind you many such cases are just settled and not made public but they are riffe in court dockets all across the US unless part of the settlment business was that they be sealed and mums the word like nothing happened or else all bets were off if people opened their mouths about the cases.

Aside from that happening wit farmers it happens in many other corporate cases like the infamous Wormwood that was made into a movie with Meryl Streep... the same nonsense has been happening in NC with waste in the rivers that corporations write into their budgets for the EPA fines as they dont change so legal but paid for illegal dumping? Its a loop hole of course, and the fracking industry is working on the same principle... however if the EPA fines compounded, these industries polluting would have to clean up their act and use the envirnomental protections required instead of writing them into budgets then writing tem off on taxes as a loss that makes the citizenry not only get the waste and pollution but also pay for it out of their damn pockets as tax breaks and returns to those ruining it... all because some politicians get kick backs favors or office for such corruption that does not benefit any of the other citizens what so ever, as they pump out more and more profits all across the nation and other nations in sales, with as Mr Sanders has pointed out debate after debate as little as 5 cents in corporate taxes...

So yeah tax breaks tax havens and all their nonsense out of our pockets while they pay the lowest wage legally allowed, lobby and press government to put pressure and trade on other countries to stabilize them enough to ten build a factory hire labor at slave wages where tere are no labor unions and exploit their resources environment and people rinse repeat... thats the capitalist system thats the slavery of humanity and if you nor anyone else thinks that that does not go on? I suppose their head is too buried in the sand in the middle east in some unethical us vs them US Christian nation nonsense when it isnt to battle a so called enemy 1000s of years old one extreme fighting another waiting for a dead man to come back and say hey nice of you all to be killing raping and torturing and hating in my name by something as stupid as belief and skin tones, while all these other a holes are exploiting you and laughing all the way to the bank over it in a huge fing farce... to notice that that is the reality and what has been going on in this country and around the world.

So stand up for it? Hell maybe I should have take a seat at the start of this post... because I dont see how any sane and rational society could put up with such nonsense day in and day out decade after decade thinking oh that pie they are passing around sure looks good maybe if I sit here long enough ill get a slice, well good luck because if you do get a slice yay i made it while everyone waiting starves cause you got yours so now you can rub it in their faces as you eat it with a smile congratulations youve made it huh? well exactly what have you made? Nothing what have you perpetuated? every damn thing thats wrong with this world... but thats ok because some dead dude will come back not rub it in your face and say hey i forgive you cause youre just too stupid to know any better because some other idiot in a red suit dancing around witha pointy tail going bah hum bug on your and everyone elses life... and thats called being responsible?

Weeeellllll exxxcuuuuuuuse meeeee! for trying to talk some sense into people that it doesnt have to be so assinine as it is.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

Fell free to tell that to one of my childhood best friends still a friend to this day...

I personally prefer credible sources to unverifiable anecdotes.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

PREACH IT BRO. Sigh.

So much truth falls on carefully conditioned and anesthetized deaf ears these days.

I really appreciate your practical, real-life narrative on what's truly going on at the dirt level with real farmers and real people and carefully engineered corrupt evil-deeds.

The evil-doers really do not believe that we all tend to reap what we so. But even they are NOT above that universal law.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

If its important you... you likely not, youd research it as a topic and learn something and or present it as a topic so others might. Source or not youd still have your ideas and opinions as to those sources... so me providing one or not as a commentator to this thread and not the op your request is esentailly moot. If it matters to you then you would study it and need no starting pistol from myself to get you off and running... so either take it as it stands at face value as I have experienced it from speaking with a friend and how it affected his family to peak your interest or dont... not like youve irreputed your one liners with any links of verification yourself as to what you say is true... of course there is a lot of money to bury such proof or sites set up to speak contrary to that truth when it does surface, so dont even bother... as I have seen it and heard it live and in person and from someone I trust and have known for over 34 years as well have walked in those family fields as well have driven past them myself for decades to go visit he and his family. Proof enough for me... and hey as said not proof enough for you your intrest is your burden to find out not mine nor is your out of hand dismissal my burden either based on first hand experience contrary to that dismissal and insistence to dismiss.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I dont really see it as evil, its just a misguided system... profiting on peoples learned ignorance and betting on people stay ignorant in order to perpetuate such systems instead of change them for the better... its called protecting ones investment no matter the cost... thats the convervatism being spouted in politics, preserve those systems even if they are a detriment to society for profit instead of move forward and learn and create new avenues that actually benefit all people instead of enslave all people... and give them hope that there might be change in a wait and see instead of individuals taking responsibility to be or inact that change themselves and inspire others to do the same.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

If its important you... you likely not, youd research it as a topic and learn something and or present it as a topic so others might. Source or not youd still have your ideas and opinions as to those sources... .

I have researched the topic. And you know what? Whenever people bring up these claims about Monsanto suing farmers for accidental cross-pollination, it's always bunk because the actual legal sources say otherwise.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

A "Bunk" is something people sleep on... pssst wake up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join