It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make Yourself Hallucinate Without Taking Any Drugs - The Ganzfeld Effect

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I hope this doesn't break any T&C rules because illegal drugs aren't being used. If so, then I apologize & i'm sure the mods know what to do.

So if your interested i have provide a link. HERE

To have hallucination’s, you have to have uniform stimulation. And the video in the link will show you how to achieve this.

Pythagoras’s disciples would go into caves to achieve enlightenment, they would just stare into the darkness for hours on end.
People going through the arctic in whiteout conditions of unending white-ness would start to hallucinate.

Aldous Huxley used to ponder how our minds could reach their beautifully infinite potential, but only when we learn how to overcome our limited senses and perception. Then again, he came to that conclusion after taking mind-blowing amounts of the hallucinogenic drug mescaline. But what if you could experience a mind-expanding psychedelic trip, without the need for illegal chemicals, bad trips, and an existential crisis? This video from the guys at Scam School shows how you experience hallucinations with just a few sheets of white paper, cotton pads, rubber bands, headphones, and any YouTube video of white noise that is at least 30 minutes long. It's all based on something called the Ganzfeld Effect. This concept is used in psychology to describe the human mind's propensity to find structure and pattern in unstructured stimuli. It is surprisingly simple, and has been used by artists and scientists alike to find and explore new channels of thought and ideas.

If you have done this tell me your experience!

Enjoy,

SK

edit on nd37Fri, 22 Apr 2016 14:37:01 -0500K201640130pm4 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

ive done this on sleepless nights in a dark room or during meditation, when meditating i can turn thought into visuals, i think that is the same thing they are talking about

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

What did you experience?

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
During my undergrad days we built an Isolation tank as a project for credit in the Psychology dept. Ours didn't look like the one pictured as the one we made was fiberglassed, marine plywood, heated with an electric water heater element, but worked exceptionally well.

Very trippy...vivid, animated, and sometimes very frightening hallucinations.

We also did the ping pong ball Ganzfield goggles as well; both worked but the float tank in complete darkness was fast and much more pronounced.

mindhacks.com...

edit on 22-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Those two were pretty hyped up after their "trips" weren't they?

I am so going to give this a go. Maybe done regularly it could be a good tool to boost my creativity

At the very least, it'll be half an hour in the day when no one is bugging me.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

at first i could control them(shapes, moving designs, just white on black)but as i started letting go colors and faces and out side sound would turn into bursts of color. Nothing paticulary scary just a couple creepy faces

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Interesting. I shall read the rest at the link. I have always enjoyed topics concerning these types of things.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Why would I want to intentionally make myself hallucinate?

Maybe it obvious to some, but for me it makes no sense.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Hey! We agree.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   

A do it yourself experiment! How to break your mind in 3 easy steps.
Why would someone want to have hallucinations?
It breaks down a line and you'll never trust your perception afterwards as you did before. Just saying what side effects are obvious.
And I could go on.
Parents are liable for their children. It's dangerous.
You need to have loads of self confidence. I mean truly. Loads.
If you have even the tiniest issue, this will destroy you.
What if it opens a door and will cause you to not know reality from hallucinations? That's a psychosis, you might have never gotten, if you wouldn't have tried to hallucinate on purpose.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Perhaps you are too young to remember "Altered States" from 1980.

www.youtube.com...

Interesting movie.

As kids we use to stare at our TVs "White Noise" when all the channels switched off after midnight in the old days......all sorts of monsters lurked in those TVs.......

That was until Poltergeist came out...

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: gort51
Lava lamps.

I think the disconnect may be in the false equity with a psychedelic experience and hallucination. They are not the same.

edit on 4/23/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Lava Lamps?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I don't really see the danger in this that some have alluded to.
If anything, it's more akin to a meditative state than a trip.
Flashbacks etc are more likely to be due to altering one's brain chemistry through the stuff people take.
One of the reasons I always shied away from proper acid when younger...though me and my mates often went mushroom picking, seeing them as a milder, less risky alternative.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Interesting, having experienced hallucinations myself both through certain substances and sensory deprivation I would like to point out your not in control of what you hallucinate, the trick is not to panic!!! I can't emphasize that enough.
Simply let the experience unfold as it will, don't fight it, go with the flow and remind yourself it will end sooner or later so just try to explore it, like watching a movie your immersed in but not really a part of. No matter how convincing the experience.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Or you could just try a floatation tank.... Lack of stimuli will give you experiences.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Does this explains why many people see ghosts, aliens, and other paranormal creatures?
edit on 4/23/2016 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I'd rather lucid dream or astral travel then hallucinate.

More complete and wonderful too.

Whatever floats people's boat though

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

From my personal experience you don't see anything that isn't there, unless you are cut off from your senses as with a sensory deprivation experience. In which case your imagination/unconscious kicks in and starts projecting things in your mind much more vividly than otherwise. I haven't had an experience with '___' but with the substances i've tried described as having hallucinatory effects, your perception of the environment becomes extremely warped, things move that shouldn't, time is distorted and often things appear in slow motion. The whole experience is very surreal to say the least and your attitude effects your experience tremendously. It can feel very scary, or very enjoyable, I found it to be both. Not a the same time of course! It also gives you an insight into the workings of the mind that you can't quite experience as readily any other way...

I would add you don't need to take any substances to experience similar effects, again not sure about '___'
but for those that must, and are gonna try substances anyway, I would advise to take very small quantity's on your first experience, and think of it as a spiritual experience rather than a fun "recreational" thing. Preferably in company you can trust and with one person there who isn't on anything. Oh and it is unknown how these things effect the developing brain be sure to be over the age of 21.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Why would I want to intentionally make myself hallucinate?

Maybe it obvious to some, but for me it makes no sense.

It's not just hallucinations; it's in depth and very revealing personal introspection. It get's ugly in there!!!

It's not for cowards!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join