It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make Yourself Hallucinate Without Taking Any Drugs - The Ganzfeld Effect

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: gort51
a reply to: olaru12

Perhaps you are too young to remember "Altered States" from 1980.

www.youtube.com...

Interesting movie.

As kids we use to stare at our TVs "White Noise" when all the channels switched off after midnight in the old days......all sorts of monsters lurked in those TVs.......

That was until Poltergeist came out...

Before I saw "Altered States" the psych dept. students had already read John Lillys work that the film was based on; that inspired our flotation tank experiments.

We experimented with all sorts of methods to open "The Doors of Perception" even to the extent of making a spirit quest in N.Mexico ala Carlos Castaneda y Don Juan.

What a long strange trip it's been.....
edit on 23-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
there are also many YT vids of spiral patterns etc, said to achieve an (albeit short-lived) visual effect. i'm more of a traditionalist myself.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
This actually helped me learn astral projection. It is a step into having a full out of body experience.

And yes, understanding the inner workings of ones own consciousness is not for everyone. Some people just aren't ready for a spiritual experience, they don't know what to think of it and for some reason can not see how it can actually help them in physical life.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

I agree with your post entirely. However i have dealt with said '_' drug you are describing. That stuff is different. You see entire worlds complete with being that are not there at all. You can also just see an altered version of things you actually are physically seeing. But if you take it further, you will see entire universes and people that are not there at all in any shape or form.

There is literally an entire online forum dedicated to deciphering what people see with that stuff. Many people believe you actually are seeing into a different 'dimension' or whatever you want to call it. Either way, that molecule is something else.

It would explain a lot if that actually is the chemical responsible for dreaming as well as peoples ND experiences. However so far science will not even confirm either of those things.

It also affects people differently of course. My signifigant other will see and interact with 'entities' everytime. Has only been a few times mind you. Ive read posts from people claiming to have lived an entire life while they were out of it and yet in our time they were only really 'gone' for 3 - 5 minutes.

I have also seen a guy totally lose it (temporarily) from one sampling of that stuff as well. Caution is always needed.

Also this is simply that molecule alone I am describing. Ayahuasca is a whole nother ballpark.
edit on 23-4-2016 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Just make sure you do these "experiments" in a controlled environment.

On a similar note, whenever me and some friends tried a new drug back in the day, we always left someone sober to guard us. Its safer that way incase one or all if us freaked out. Someone would be there to say we were just trippin out and losing it.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

This is an awesome post. Understanding and enlightenment seem to rest in the same part of the mind that houses hallucinations. Houses of the Holy?
Anybody?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

To put it mildly, one can take things a whole lot farther than is any books....

Interestingly, after using various techniques I stumbled upon amazing experiences that no one believes, they will come in VERY handy.

Imagine questioning the entire world and universe as to why things are the way they are, and actually finding answers, very intense however, especially if you MAKE SURE to not control the environment, and firstly spend years erasing everything you have learnt, because it is all WRONG.

I think people should try these 2 machines and see what they experience, I can guarantee you if you continue forwards with inevitable will, you will soon forget whatever you believed in,,, lest ye small puny brain be pulverized.

www.lucialightexperience.com...

www.trinfinity8.com...

Nice experiences, really helps those who are sick and unable to make the connections, CONNECT!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Seems like too much time and patience.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
When I wake up too quickly from (rem) sleep I have very vivid OEV. It's always a freaking insect for some freaking reason - a King Kong style insect. I can also hear/feel the brainwave frequency of this state for a couple of seconds to the point I could replicate it if I had a recording device at hand. However it happens only occasionally. I think as long as the brain stays in this delta/theta waves it produces this freaking dmt.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Not in my case. In 2 of my paranormal experiences other people were present and we didn't share details until after the fact.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

This is ... a very very BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD Idea...

Nuff Said, go at your own risk.
edit on rd2016000000Saturdayrd000000Sat, 23 Apr 2016 22:18:33 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoSat, 23 Apr 2016 22:18:33 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
/* deleted by author */
edit on 16201640amk2016 by yosako because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

For the experience, the crack...to see something you might not ordinarily see...in some circles, especially psychology, experiencing such things can be theraputic for the mind. PTSD being one condition that is known to benefit from hallucinogens, alcoholism is another...depression...bipolar...schizophrenia have all been mentioned as being possible candidates for threraputic treatment with such classes of drugs.

If you have no interest in seeing what 'isn't really there'..does that mean you're not going to use any of the VR platforms that are coming out soon then? They're not going to be showing you real things either, but i'm betting that won't seem to matter to most.

OP...what you describing is essentially the same thing as pareidolia. It's probably the same brain mechanism associated with hallucinatings and dreaming.

edit on 24 4 2016 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
What you suggest to ppl. that are on the contrary side? People that want to STOP hallucinating!

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Lassiecat
Do you mean auditory hallucinations - "audible" schizophrenic self-talk?
No one should miss this link:
How to Balance COMT and MAO in the Brain
I would try herbs like Ashwagandha, Bacopa, Gotu-Kola too
and researched 40 Hz: research-regarding-40-hz
www.pnas.org/content/90/5/2078.full.pdf
www.cnbc.cmu.edu/~samondjm/papers/Gottesmann2006.pdf
Close to 40.33 Hz - one of the Schumann frequencies. They all seem to be beneficial or at least related.
33,83 Hz, 20,83 Hz,
14,33 Hz is restoring SMR (sensory motor rhythm). Both 40 and 14 Hz can be detected both during sleep and wakefulness.
7,83 is said to be grounding and fundamental. It is also said to be on the very edge of conscious and subconscious/dream world.
which I find to be an interresting coincidence.
10 Hz is said to promote normalcy. 10.7Hz associated with ears etc
edit on 24/4/2016 by PapagiorgioCZ because: shortened

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

Good post, should be a thread in itself IMO if there isn't already one out there.
It's important to remember it's not just chemicals or brain chemistry that effects our conscious but frequency does too.

Researchers in the 1930's and 40's identified several different types of brain waves. Traditionally, these fall into 4 types: - Delta waves (below 4 hz) occur during sleep - Theta waves (4-7 hz) are associated with sleep, deep relaxation (like hypnotic relaxation), and visualization - Alpha waves (8-13 hz) occur when we are relaxed and calm - Beta waves (13-38 hz) occur when we are actively thinking, problem-solving, etc. Since these original studies, other types of brainwaves have been identified and the traditional 4 have been subdivided. Some interesting brainwave additions: - The Sensory motor rhythm (or SMR; around 14 hz) was originally discovered to prevent seizure activity in cats. SMR activity seems to link brain and body functions. - Gamma brain waves (39-100 hz) are involved in higher mental activity and consolidation of information. An interesting study has shown that advanced Tibetan meditators produce higher levels of gamma than non-meditators both before and during meditation. Are you wondering what kind of brain waves you produce? People tend to talk as if they were producing one type of brain wave (e.g., producing "alpha" for meditating). But these aren't really "separate" brain waves - the categories are just for convenience. They help describe the changes we see in brain activity during different kinds of activities. So we don't ever produce only "one" brain wave type. Our overall brain activity is a mix of all the frequencies at the same time, some in greater quantities and strength than others. The meaning of all this? Balance is the key. We don't want to regularly produce too much or too little of any brainwave frequency.

source

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
ATS makes me hallucinate every time...

Å99

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Isolation tanks (or float tanks as they are sometimes referred to as) are actually quite amazing. Not trying g to get all 'spiritual' on you but I noticed you have to go in them with the right mind set. It's almost as if it's a placebo effect of so sort. I say that because if you go in skeptical of the outcome, it will probably just be a very boring experience. If you can go in and completely relax it can be a very different experience.
I noticed that it should be done quite differently than meditation. In meditation, you try to quiet your mind and block out everything. My best experiences in isolation tanks are when I let my mind race. The whole point of it is to allow your mind to do what it wants. The water is heated to skin tempwrature, it's completely quiet, and SHOULD be completely dark. Due to the high salinity, you should float perfectly. Throughout your day, your mind is running processes in the background (feeling gravity, the clothes on your body, the weight on your feet, the temperature of the air, etc. When you take all that away, your mind is free to do all kinds of stuff as it "frees up processing power." This can lead to hallucinations at the extreme level, but can usually lead to your mind racing and wandering. Noticing things in your body that was supressed by being occupied, etc. All kinds of cool stuff.

If you ever have an opportunity to try it, I highly recommend it at least once. Pretty cool experience.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Or...you could eat shrooms or,,...

Acid, or mesc, or k.. Or E

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

lol.

😃

new topics

top topics