It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robotic voice Youtube videos ... GRRRR

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I wonder is there anything which irritates me more than finding a video which title promise me a good subject matter.. when i hit the play button i ONCE again find these horrific, irritating robotic humans speaking.

First .. i don´t find these tunes pleasurable to my ear, is it man or female "human robot"
Second.. I don´t trust the content of the video if the maker chooses to go with robotic voice .. i find them fishy..
Third.. they are wasting my time and my possible intrest and derailing the actual message ( if they have any )

I wonder is it me alone.. how you who have english as your first language find them ?

Today i have closed 5 such a videos in few second just due robotic voices...

Annoying orange is even bearable when compared to these...

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

I wonder is it me alone..

Probably. If you clicked on the video and are put off, at least first give the message itself a minute to develop, not just pooh the messenger.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I have really tried.. but i have never succeeded finishing one. I really hope they could use normal voice instead.. my ears just don´t like these at all

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I wonder is it me alone.. how you who have english as your first language find them ?

English is my first language.
You are not alone.
I find the synthesized voice to be annoying as hell.

Annoying orange is even bearable when compared to these...

I like Annoying Orange.

edit on b000000302016-04-20T08:51:43-05:0008America/ChicagoWed, 20 Apr 2016 08:51:43 -0500800000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
If they go to the trouble to use a robotic voice, rather than their own, I always think they're trying to hide something. If you don't believe in something enough to use your own voice, which would have a greater impact, because people would hear the passion and commitment in it, then I'm not going to the trouble to listen.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

I have really tried.. but i have never succeeded finishing one. I really hope they could use normal voice instead.. my ears just don´t like these at all

Well then respectfully, you're just judging the book by its cover.

Look, I like them less too. But understand the authors use of them, to remain anonymous. Voice print tech is used to identify people.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
If they go to the trouble to use a robotic voice, rather than their own, I always think they're trying to hide something. If you don't believe in something enough to use your own voice, which would have a greater impact, because people would hear the passion and commitment in it, then I'm not going to the trouble to listen.

Is David your real name and '64 your birth date? Most people use fictitious names online for self protection.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

No i don´t judge by covers ..there are voice changers and not even pricy ones which makes very good and not so irritating voice changes without huge amount robotic feeling. Not sure is this robotic tunes somekind of MUST or HIP now..

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Not sure is this robotic tunes some kind of MUST or HIP now..

More and more anymore due to online stalking and every ones understandable fears of online privacy.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

They could consider more smooth approach. We are humans ( last i checked ) and are guided by our senses and my senses tell me to stop watching ..

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
You are definitely not alone. I dislike them a lot, and usually end up closing the video seconds after opening it, unless it's something I REALLY want to hear. I'm not buying the online privacy bit. However, I can understand if someone has a speaking/reading voice that might actually be worse than the robot. lol.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Most people use fictitious names online for self protection.

You would think so, wouldn't you?

But there's Facebook.

It's USP seems to be to offer the chance of some local neighbourhood fame. Everyone at my work is on it, each one with their real moniker.

Wouldn't work if they were anonymous.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Turn off sound, turn on subs.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I hate robot voice videos. I click them off immediately.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Starving kids in Africa hate that robot voice on videos too...

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor
Starving kids in Africa hate that robot voice on videos too...

Well now, you do have a point that is hard to argue with there.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

But there's Facebook.

Lo, They should have called that site, mugbook.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Oh boy do they aggravate me..for a small fee they could just pay someone to narrate these videos..great ran!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
not sure if I have seen any of these vids with robo voices. Can someone provide an example please?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Maybe the person making the video is not confident in his/her ability to keep a steady narration going. They could type up the narrative in a text file, and then use a "text to speach" utility to actually narrate it. Although monotonous, it is steady and at a consistent pace.

Just a note: I don't car much for it either, but the tech has become a little better over the years.

AArgg this just reminded me of that "Dragon" software commercial that I hate so much. Not because of what the software does, but it seems like it will NEVER END!
edit on 20-4-2016 by EdwardDrake because: Typo

top topics

<<   2 >>

join