It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Religion Is Fake and While We Are At It

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: forthelove

How can a set of beliefs be "fake?" It doesn't matter whether something is 100% factually & historically accurate, 100% fiction, it somewhere in between. It's still "real" and has a real effect on people.

It's obvious you feel threatened by the annoying fundamentalists. Why do you care so much what they think? It's not even as though the fire and brimstone types you're so upset about are more than a tiny minority of the population. Who gives a rat's hindquarters?

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I do not require proof to have faith that there is something that is much more powerful than me, I saw it the moment I was born and have been witness to

That would be likely because your parents were right there in the room with you

edit on 17-4-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Well , let us see. You base this post mostly on the premise that most people only follow religion because they were "brought up in it" . Of course , from statistics , this is exactly opposite. At least here in the States where religion is common. The very fact that young people were made to follow is the reason they turn from it.Now , as they age some do go back.But not all.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Gives snf, puts head down in shame, walks out of class...

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: forthelove

Just because you were raised in whatever family you were raised in and from generation to generation been fed the same tired stories from every church/mosque/synagogue-bible/Koran/torah thumping- preacher/imam/rabbi does not mean it is real.

Having faith in a higher power does not require religion to do so and giving a name to some fictitious god does not make it any more real. Either you believe there is a higher power or you don’t. I do not require proof to have faith that there is something that is much more powerful than me, I saw it the moment I was born and have been witness to it since and will continue until this life ends and I move on to the next.

I know this type of OP has been written many times before, but hey, what is one more for all you religious fanatics to come in here and quote me scripture and that I am going to hell, lol, guess what, maybe you are all the one’s going to hell because you buy into the malarkey.

If you believe in heaven and hell and you think that god you are praying to is going to decide your fate based on some ridiculous words written and handed down, rewritten and translated many time in many different forms and languages then that is your right to do so, as it is my right to tell you are sadly mistaken and delusional.

All you really have to do is just pay attention to the world we live in and ask yourself, would a kind loving sweet god let their children suffer this way? Oh right, the battle over our souls, that other fictitious being satan and your god are fighting each other to see who gets domain over our souls? I think your precious god is losing that battle then and has been since that infamous day Eve pulled Adam aside and forced him to eat that glorious apple.

Seriously, have any of you ever actually read what these crazy religious books say? Or do you just throw critical thinking in the proverbial toilet because your parents told you this is the truth and you will swallow it? The Wizard of Oz makes more sense. So this leads me to think even though you think you have free will, you don’t, you are brainwashed. Of course, religion is not the only brainwashing going on, politics, banking, drugs are all being shoved down our throats daily and have been for centuries.

This entire civilization is based on control, manipulation and greed and your religions all feed off of it which makes them more evil than any of it, maybe what you are really worshiping is that thing you claim to be so against, satan. The entire system we live in is based on a big, fat pack of lies and makes it the largest and oldest conspiracy ever.

If that's what you believe, what do you have planned for youself? Not being sarcastic here. If you have nothing planned, start thinking about your next move so you can rise up and breath some clean air. You can't stay angry because anger drains.

Listen. Seriously.

There's a constant sound taking place right now. It's very quiet and high pitched. It's like an energy wave with sound and it's bringing people up a notch in awareness that feels good if you'll just turn off all your background noises. The good feeling is like a weight has been lifted off the brain. Not super significantly., but suttle. The sound isn't translating to anything that's worded, it's just a feeling. I'm perfectly sober and just browsing the threads here and it started. Now I hear a varity of super super quiet varrying high pitches. This is not a ringing sound, more like tones.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteWingedMonolith

Where is this sound coming from? What does it do for you ?

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

All Religion Is Fake

Since Reality is ALL inclusive, I'd be interested in your definition of 'fake'!
Every religion that I have experience with is quite real!
Are you judging?
Isn't that the exact same thing that the 'other' believers do, against whom you rail?
You sound like any belief-addled religionista railing against heathen and non-believers, how they are manipulated by the lies of science and the devil!

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Just because you were raised in whatever family you were raised in and from generation to generation

Except for all the people who convert outside of their family's belief system.

you are sadly mistaken and delusional.

Then again, maybe you are. You wouldn't know would you? That's kind of the biggest downside of being delusional and sadly mistaken.

would a kind loving sweet god let their children suffer this way?

Growing pains.

Of course, religion is not the only brainwashing going on, politics, banking, drugs are all being shoved down our throats daily and have been for centuries.

Exactly. It's funny just how rapid and widespread your ideology is spreading and with such vigor. It almost sounds like mass brainwashing.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

wow ur so edgy

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

and btw u dont remeber being born

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteWingedMonolith

Just because you were raised in whatever family you were raised in and from generation to generation been fed the same tired stories from every church/mosque/synagogue-bible/Koran/torah thumping- preacher/imam/rabbi does not mean it is real.

Having faith in a higher power does not require religion to do so and giving a name to some fictitious god does not make it any more real. Either you believe there is a higher power or you don’t. I do not require proof to have faith that there is something that is much more powerful than me, I saw it the moment I was born and have been witness to it since and will continue until this life ends and I move on to the next.

I know this type of OP has been written many times before, but hey, what is one more for all you religious fanatics to come in here and quote me scripture and that I am going to hell, lol, guess what, maybe you are all the one’s going to hell because you buy into the malarkey.

If you believe in heaven and hell and you think that god you are praying to is going to decide your fate based on some ridiculous words written and handed down, rewritten and translated many time in many different forms and languages then that is your right to do so, as it is my right to tell you are sadly mistaken and delusional.

All you really have to do is just pay attention to the world we live in and ask yourself, would a kind loving sweet god let their children suffer this way? Oh right, the battle over our souls, that other fictitious being satan and your god are fighting each other to see who gets domain over our souls? I think your precious god is losing that battle then and has been since that infamous day Eve pulled Adam aside and forced him to eat that glorious apple.

Seriously, have any of you ever actually read what these crazy religious books say? Or do you just throw critical thinking in the proverbial toilet because your parents told you this is the truth and you will swallow it? The Wizard of Oz makes more sense. So this leads me to think even though you think you have free will, you don’t, you are brainwashed. Of course, religion is not the only brainwashing going on, politics, banking, drugs are all being shoved down our throats daily and have been for centuries.

This entire civilization is based on control, manipulation and greed and your religions all feed off of it which makes them more evil than any of it, maybe what you are really worshiping is that thing you claim to be so against, satan. The entire system we live in is based on a big, fat pack of lies and makes it the largest and oldest conspiracy ever.

If that's what you believe, what do you have planned for youself? Not being sarcastic here. If you have nothing planned, start thinking about your next move so you can rise up and breath some clean air. You can't stay angry because anger drains.

Listen. Seriously.

There's a constant sound taking place right now. It's very quiet and high pitched. It's like an energy wave with sound and it's bringing people up a notch in awareness that feels good if you'll just turn off all your background noises. The good feeling is like a weight has been lifted off the brain. Not super significantly., but suttle. The sound isn't translating to anything that's worded, it's just a feeling. I'm perfectly sober and just browsing the threads here and it started. Now I hear a varity of super super quiet varrying high pitches. This is not a ringing sound, more like tones.

Tinnitus.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   
This pretty much sums up all religion.

Knock knock.
Who's there?
It's Jesus, let me in
Why?
I have to save you
From what?
From what I'm going to do to you
if you don't let me in

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
OP, does it really make you feel good to tell everyone else how stupid they are and, by implied comparison, how smart that makes you?

If so, what a pathetic, miserable existence. I'll pray for you.

Is that cool?
He's not saying he's smart, he's saying we need a change. We've seen all the negative/positive things religion brings about. I'm guessing at this point we can say religion is unhealthy to many and fantastic to a few.

I agree with the OP. We need a change, enough with the feeble minded humans for now. We need answers, and after 2000 years we can safely say that these answers are not in any religious texts. Lets move forward.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
What an Ahole. That must be your religion.

So hey bub... what gives you the right to call out others based on what they believe or don't believe? Your soap box isn't all that lofty.

Your rant is just as bad as that guy holding up that sign that screams "YOU'RE GOING TO HELL!" That's what you honestly remind me of.

Still... Glad you had time to waste just to inform all of us 'idiots' that what we believe is false. I mean... Since you know it all.

I could stand to see less of people like you here, mucking up these forums with your dribble.

[]
edit on 18-4-2016 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: sHuRuLuNi

What was it if it wasn't an apple? I'm seriously curious?

(was the apple a metaphor for vagina?)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

I believe in Jesus and agree with op AS WELL. Jesus was real, very kind, walked this earth and wanted to spread the word of love and compassion. He called it "God" but did he even know what it really was at the time? Do we even know today what it is? That was just his interpretation.

I believe in what Jesus preached, I believe in Christian values but I DO NOT want to associate myself with Christians today, they are bad, judgmental and evil. I believe they ARE brainwashed and worshipping Satan.

There is something out there, I don't think anyone can put an earthly name on it or what it exactly is, but there is something.

We are all looking at the same thing but through different windows
edit on 18-4-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore I read somewhere that most theologians believe it was a quince

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Tell me how open minded ATS is?

You believe in Aliens...Check

SOme believe in Ghost.

But hell God is too far fetch to be an idea. dear god the hypocrisy

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: sHuRuLuNi

What was it if it wasn't an apple? I'm seriously curious?

(was the apple a metaphor for vagina?)

No it was not a vagina

God told Adam and Eve to be fruitful and multiply before the fruit of the tree incident
No again as to what type of fruit, it could be anything, even an extinct plant

It may have been spiritual, who knows

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: LostThePlot
This pretty much sums up all religion.

Knock knock.
Who's there?
It's Jesus, let me in
Why?
I have to save you
From what?
From what I'm going to do to you
if you don't let me in

Knock knock
Who is it
It's Jesus, let me in
Why
I have come to save you
From what
You have commted a crime punishable by death, apologise change your ways, show me repentance and I will die in your place

It's all in the understanding, God doesn't want to punish evil, He has to
It's the law, it's justice

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join