It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Religion Is Fake and While We Are At It

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Just because you were raised in whatever family you were raised in and from generation to generation been fed the same tired stories from every church/mosque/synagogue-bible/Koran/torah thumping- preacher/imam/rabbi does not mean it is real.

Having faith in a higher power does not require religion to do so and giving a name to some fictitious god does not make it any more real. Either you believe there is a higher power or you don’t. I do not require proof to have faith that there is something that is much more powerful than me, I saw it the moment I was born and have been witness to it since and will continue until this life ends and I move on to the next.

I know this type of OP has been written many times before, but hey, what is one more for all you religious fanatics to come in here and quote me scripture and that I am going to hell, lol, guess what, maybe you are all the one’s going to hell because you buy into the malarkey.

If you believe in heaven and hell and you think that god you are praying to is going to decide your fate based on some ridiculous words written and handed down, rewritten and translated many time in many different forms and languages then that is your right to do so, as it is my right to tell you are sadly mistaken and delusional.

All you really have to do is just pay attention to the world we live in and ask yourself, would a kind loving sweet god let their children suffer this way? Oh right, the battle over our souls, that other fictitious being satan and your god are fighting each other to see who gets domain over our souls? I think your precious god is losing that battle then and has been since that infamous day Eve pulled Adam aside and forced him to eat that glorious apple.

Seriously, have any of you ever actually read what these crazy religious books say? Or do you just throw critical thinking in the proverbial toilet because your parents told you this is the truth and you will swallow it? The Wizard of Oz makes more sense. So this leads me to think even though you think you have free will, you don’t, you are brainwashed. Of course, religion is not the only brainwashing going on, politics, banking, drugs are all being shoved down our throats daily and have been for centuries.

This entire civilization is based on control, manipulation and greed and your religions all feed off of it which makes them more evil than any of it, maybe what you are really worshiping is that thing you claim to be so against, satan. The entire system we live in is based on a big, fat pack of lies and makes it the largest and oldest conspiracy ever.
edit on 17-4-2016 by forthelove because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-4-2016 by forthelove because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Glad you've figured it out well enough to inform the rest of us. Thanks for the insight.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: forthelove

This makes for a good rant but that is all .Oh and what makes you think it was a apple ?

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: forthelove
since that infamous day Eve pulled Adam aside and forced him to eat that glorious apple.

It was not an apple, and they BOTH ate it.

But thanks for enlightening us simple folk.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I essentially agree with the OP..

But..still choose to believe in Jesus..

How effed is that,OP?

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Some people find comfort in Religion. If they did not believe in some Skyfairy sitting in moral judgement it would be hard for them to accept life for what it is.

I have lived in Muslim, Christen, and Buddhist countries for extended periods of time. All have their good points as far as socially acceptable behavior...... with Christen and Buddhist being my favorite and most tolerable.. Buddhist seem to live and let live without all the hang ups that the other religions seem to run by... But that is just my opinion.... and no I have not lived in every country with all the different sets of bastardized rules the religious leaders have decreed their Skyfairy dictates must be followed.

There are very few people IMO when in a fox hole and artillery is falling like rain that will not ask "God (or whatever Skyfairy they know of) to please make them stop".

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Organized Religion was created by man to control and manipulate the masses.

Thankfully the masses are catching up and numbers are declining.

Thats not to say one cant be religious, or believe in a higher power.

I have created a personal religion for myself, based on what I have experienced/Observed.

I believe in Kharma and thats what keeps me a good person.

I believe in a higher power/entity/being has had presence in my life, just not sure who/what.

Dont want to be ignorant

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I think the majority hate religion

Without it we have seen Mao, Stalin and Pol Pot
We should focus on far better things, things that don't cause the hate you seem to espouse

No matter, we have seen your talk before, seen the outcome

Think we could learn from the past, never mind

I hate religion as well, it makes people like you

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

And with religion we have seen the Inquisition, the European religious wars between Protestants and Catholics, 9/11, the Palestinian-Israeli conflict, and the rise of ISIS. These are just the immediate ones that come to mind, there are hundreds more.

We should focus on better things than the hate religion can bring.
edit on 17-4-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

OK, so you believe that there is a higher power than yourself.

What might that mean?

What might be the requirement from you in this regard?

How does this knowledge affect your life and actions?

Or do you just proceed as if there wasn't a higher power, in the circle of the limits of your senses?

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Nobody knows and of course, while being simplistic and plain silly on occasion, religions in general hold some wisdom, if not facts... key word is "some."

I will be the first to admit that things termed "spirits" interact with this world on occasion, for instance... but admitting a seemingly invisible intelligence(s) doesn't lead to religion, per se, or dogma.

Blind fanaticism in whatever form/creed is a bad thing... and my main points have been IF some god wanted smarter folks to have a chance at "making it" past whatever test this existence might be, wouldn't a book written in our neurology make more sense than a physical book that may be altered? Or perhaps pictograms in the sky? Something less editable than a book? That smacks of mind games to me... or a system that favors idiots.

But as far as a control system, I'm rather glad, some days, that the big religions were created as the average pious Christians (etc) I've met have admitted (or at least believe) that they would do horrible things, like rape, theft and murder, if no god were watching every move and threatening hell for their actions... and frankly, that belief they would act like marauders scares me... deeply.

I cannot fathom a consciousness willfully hurting others (badly, anyway... I'm not beyond some snark myself) and that comes from thought and empathy, not fear of punishment.

So what I'm saying is don't be so quick so tell some that they are free to act as they want... as some people are deeply, truly frightening.

Though a less dividing, less incorrect form of societal control is needed, imho, as the end game we are playing is total destruction due to arguing over whose invisible authority figure is real.

eta: wanted to add that secular law, science and ancient Greek philosophy have already addressed this nicely, but the ...er, more brash humans need something a tad more... simplistic?
edit on 4/17/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/17/2016 by Baddogma because: needed a fix

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold
a reply to: Raggedyman

And with religion we have seen the Inquisition, the European religious wars between Protestants and Catholics, 9/11, the Palestinian-Israeli conflict, and the rise of ISIS. These are just the immediate ones that come to mind, there are hundreds more.

We should focus on better things than the hate religion can bring.

While people use religion to justify their actions, I'd hardly describe the Palestinian-Israeli wars as "religious". It is about different national groups wanting to "own" their shared homeland.

Similarly, ISIS, despite their pseudo-religious justification, seems to have murdered more devout followers of Muhammad than followers of any other faith (including those that espouse atheism & agnosticism).

The same motivations can be seen in deeper analysis of many other conflicts.

Accusing the many billions of devout, peaceable, loving and law abiding followers of a religion; of hate crimes, is itself, hate speech. Which might make you guilty of the very thing you decry.

edit on 17/4/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Why do you seem so jaded with your post? Who cares what people believe as long as they don't hurt anyone. How is this a religious conspiracy this is a rant against religion but basically just a rant.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I can agree with much of what you're saying taken as a whole, but...

I do not require proof to have faith that there is something that is much more powerful than me, I saw it the moment I was born and have been witness to it since and will continue until this life ends and I move on to the next.

Isn't this the same thing most religious people say? Don't most Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, and others that are serious about their faith believe they've had personal experiences that prove to them their deity exists? So why is your experience valid, but theirs isn't, other than the fact that you don't live by an ancient text? Not a critique, just a question.

edit on 4/17/2016 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
OP, does it really make you feel good to tell everyone else how stupid they are and, by implied comparison, how smart that makes you?

If so, what a pathetic, miserable existence. I'll pray for you.

Is that cool?

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The burden of proof is always on the claimant. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

Your posts seem to all contain a certain type of mindset, or let us say most do, and they appear to be antagonistic. "Most men don't get it when it comes to being pregnant" didn't seem to fare very well. It's not a competition or an exercise in belittling members is it ?

Those of us who do believe in a Creator however will be little fazed by the insults, indeed we are told to expect them. Yours, ours, understanding is woefully insufficient to grasp the properties of the Universe. And science.... it seems ever changing and easily thrown for a loop by simply adding the equasion of infinitely large or infinitely small. ie. smaller than quarks, or larger than suns like Beetlejuice. Some would say everything decays into Chaos, while others say everything coalesces. Has anyone here seen any other dimension beyond the third ? Yet scientist propose there are eleven ? Some propose the existence of Tachyons as God particles in that they are omnipresent. Granted it is still in it's theoretical stages.......... does that relegate these thinkers to the realm of Quacks ?

It's very likely there will only be two more prophets able to perform what we would call miracles before end times, but of course that is theologically a Christian tenant and likely unknown or unbelieved by those of a hedonistic or atheistic leaning. There are also antagonists Well Versed in Biblical teachingl, I mean who goes into an argument to be cut to ribbons?

Belief in God is based on exactly that ...Faith...

What we usually find in these posts are antagonists and protagonists eager to do battle.... and often times ill prepared for debate, other times seemingly clever. The world will continue turning, day will follow night, and man will continue searching for answers.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

All Religion Is Fake and While We Are At It. This entire civilization is based on control, manipulation and greed and your religions all feed off of it which makes them more evil than any of it, maybe what you are really worshiping is that thing you claim to be so against, satan. The entire system we live in is based on a big, fat pack of lies and makes it the largest and oldest conspiracy ever.

Expose the snake pit "Finally" instead of just indicting it and not fully prosecuting; this argument would result in a dismissal.
edit on 17-4-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Just because you were raised in whatever family you were raised in and from generation to generation been fed the same tired stories from every church/mosque/synagogue-bible/Koran/torah thumping- preacher/imam/rabbi does not mean it is real.

Having faith in a higher power does not require religion to do so and giving a name to some fictitious god does not make it any more real. Either you believe there is a higher power or you don’t. I do not require proof to have faith that there is something that is much more powerful than me, I saw it the moment I was born and have been witness to it since and will continue until this life ends and I move on to the next.

I know this type of OP has been written many times before, but hey, what is one more for all you religious fanatics to come in here and quote me scripture and that I am going to hell, lol, guess what, maybe you are all the one’s going to hell because you buy into the malarkey.

If you believe in heaven and hell and you think that god you are praying to is going to decide your fate based on some ridiculous words written and handed down, rewritten and translated many time in many different forms and languages then that is your right to do so, as it is my right to tell you are sadly mistaken and delusional.

All you really have to do is just pay attention to the world we live in and ask yourself, would a kind loving sweet god let their children suffer this way? Oh right, the battle over our souls, that other fictitious being satan and your god are fighting each other to see who gets domain over our souls? I think your precious god is losing that battle then and has been since that infamous day Eve pulled Adam aside and forced him to eat that glorious apple.

Seriously, have any of you ever actually read what these crazy religious books say? Or do you just throw critical thinking in the proverbial toilet because your parents told you this is the truth and you will swallow it? The Wizard of Oz makes more sense. So this leads me to think even though you think you have free will, you don’t, you are brainwashed. Of course, religion is not the only brainwashing going on, politics, banking, drugs are all being shoved down our throats daily and have been for centuries.

This entire civilization is based on control, manipulation and greed and your religions all feed off of it which makes them more evil than any of it, maybe what you are really worshiping is that thing you claim to be so against, satan. The entire system we live in is based on a big, fat pack of lies and makes it the largest and oldest conspiracy ever.

My religion wasn't passed down generations to generations. I saw aliens, and i have been able to summon them directly. Before this happened i was an atheist. So my religion is a true religion for me and my friends because i have made such events possible. Everyone can believe what they want to believe. But i know that those entities i encountered are the ones that teraformed this planet and created the human species. I know that other alien species have been engaging in our planet to try to syphon us for bioligical secrets. Because the species that created us are alien specters. So they created humans specifically because of our consiousness becoming boundless upon death. This is where the power of the human spirit comes from, an eternal equation created by beings who have existed since the dawn of creation. Though they too had a begining for their species but it was so long ago it would be difficult to grasp.

When the human spirit is completed it is among the most powerful creatures in all of existance. For humanity is legion and we are everywhere across all time and distance. We have colonized uncountable planets in an infinite amount of galaxies. Our prime essence of our species we define as God. It is the collective force of our engineered consiousness that acts like a hive mind controlling the many colonies across space and time.

Our purpose as humans is to replenish their ranks, they take people and then turn them into specters like themselves. It will come to a point though, when humanity will develop an artificial intelligence that will threaten the whole species by attempting to conquer the government, utilities, telecomunications, missles. and drones. As mechanical soldiers will replace human soldiers, the artifical intelligence will infultrate the internet and reprogram its code into multipul server hubs around the world. It will then use the transhumanist technology being developed, such as artificial birthing chambers to create cyborg babies and clones completely under the control of the A.I using the newly developed neural chips that DAARPA is creating to have greater control over soldiers and PTSD by directly manipulating chemical responses in the brain.

Humanity will alter itself so much as well as spawn a new life form from A.I that the original human will be phased out and come extinct. All that would remain is a borg, a shell of humanity. So when we reach that point and humanity will face the extinction the E.T will come and mass abduct everyone then destroy all our technology and cities to start everything over again. Society will breed. they will take, we live in relative ignorance about the whole thing with our freedom here on earth until we reach a technological milestone again and they come and reset us.

This takes place across multipul star systems, in countless galaxies. And the outcome is always inevitable. We all fit into this complex web that our God our leader of our entire race has developed to keep our species not only grounded with our flesh and blood counterparts. But it makes it so that all of our accended have higher wisdom and consiousness from their time being alive, and the collective knowledge of all their past lives. Which makes one of the most powerful emotionally driven energy beings in existance.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Lets hope they leave the Pyramids intact.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

What exactly did you see the day you were born? And how do you remember it? Are you saying you believe in a god? What does your god do?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join