It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings! Excited to participate here on Ats.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Greetings, fellow forum members! I am excited to begin participating on this website as it seems like a good place to voice my thoughts and opinions on a plethora of topics. My most frequent topics are bound to be religion, philosophy, and politics although I might get into others including supernatural topics and conspiracies from time to time, depending on my ability to contribute.

My frame of mind is to be central in many ways, and to make every attempt possible to view a topic from all points of view, and only after learning all I can, to apply what I've learned and form my own hypothesis on the matter. I have chosen this way of life after seeing so much unnecessary contention and division on so many issues.

I began this thought process with religion. I was conflicted on which one to join, which one to follow. I read about different religions and their beliefs, even atheistic groups such as the temple of set, and satanism. After studying and contemplating, after pondering for a time, I wondered why I was seeking to follow anyone at all. I didn't feel a need to declare my beliefs or worship any person, or a God. I didn't feel a need to be on "the left hand path" nor "the right hand path" - identifying with any specific cult, sect, or religion only seemed to shut down an open mind, and an open life.

After, I applied this thought process to all other areas. I keep an open mind on all topics until I am well versed in said topic.

With that being said, I look forward to exchanging thoughts and ideas with all of you on this forum, thanks for reading and I hope to see you around here!

TheCentristPhilosopher

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheCentristPhilosopher

Haloooo and well met.....
Welcome to the menagerie....
Sit right down pick up your feet and have a beverage of your choice handy....
This is gonna take a while....

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS!

My frame of mind is to be central in many ways, and to make every attempt possible to view a topic from all points of view, and only after learning all I can, to apply what I've learned and form my own hypothesis on the matter.

May all our hypothesizing be sprinkled with a little direct experience along the way. Remembering, the middle of the road can be a dangerous place to walk…

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

hello there .. what an intro !

Here some WELCOME cookies

(the original size of this was 1000 x 666 pixels lol
)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I do not intend to be taoist, or to simply sit on a fence, but rather to observe until more things become apparent. I seek to understand, I desire to find any amount of truth I can, and while I tend to lean towards observing beyond what many would deem a necessary amount of time, I do not always take a neutral position, I do have strong opinions and ideas, I simply took a while to get there

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: realnewsrealfunny

Greetings! Thank you for the welcome, and the treats!

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

Thanks!

I guess this water by me will have to do for the moment.

Well, I'm patient, I'll take my time and wait my turn.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Welcome!

We're a motley crew but we don't bite... at least most of us don't... usually...

Enjoy

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Thanks! I think I will enjoy it here.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheCentristPhilosopher
My most frequent topics are bound to be religion, philosophy, and politics

I foresee many a grey hairs in your not so distant future. Just remember to have fun and not to take anything personally. Welcome!

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: kushness

Oh, I've definitely experienced a few discussions and look forward to exchanging thoughts on here!

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Hello, TheCentristPhilsopher.

Nice to meet you. I'm new to ATS, too. I like the way you think.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheCentristPhilosopherwelcome aboard.

top topics

join