It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of radioactive boars are tearing through Fukushima

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Wild boars are reportedly thriving in the evacuated areas around the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant

now they’re tearing through nearby farmlands

under normal circumstances, this boar population would be kept under control by local hunters... ...But the problem is these wild boars have been contaminated with caesium-137... ...and now the hunters won’t go near them

Now reproducing with abandon in the exclusion zones, the wild boar population has increased 300 percent since the disaster, from around 3,000 to 13,000, and they’re spilling out into the nearby farms to tear up and trample the crops.

local authorities are running out of ideas for how to contain the rampaging force of radioactive boars

if 13,000 are killed, hunters have around 2,600,000 pounds (1,179,340 kg) of potentially dangerous flesh requiring disposal

The most logical solution once these mass graves are filled to the brim is incinerating the rest of the radioactive carcasses, but you can’t just burn contaminated flesh - you need a special facility that’s capable of filtering out the radioactive materials so they’re not redistributed across the land via smoke particles.

Source
This is an interesting article about radioactive wild boars from Fukushima breeding out of control and endangering the surrounding areas. This is just one example of how the nuclear disaster at Fukushima is having adverse effects on the environment beyond what one would normally consider. They're running rampant and destroying everything in their path, and there isn't much anyone can do with them, as even killing and disposing of them can create a nuclear hazard.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I clicked on this with only one thought..
"Please be video, PLEASE BE VIDEO!"
Nope...
Hopefully they find some way of stopping this before it gets worse. Maybe set up poison food sources inside the exclusion zone??
Maybe give Ted Nugent a call?

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

why not kill them in their there contaminated territory and let them rot were they lay simplest easiest solution. all it takes is hunters in protective clothing

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Here is a video, saying the same as OP

Kind of ironic how wildlife thrives in a nuclear wasteland.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

No mutant boars ? I'm disappointed

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Am I the only one to immediately think of Princess Mononoke when the title was read?

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Self-cooking bacon. Awesome.

Those Japanese think of everything.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Self-cooking bacon. Awesome.

Those Japanese think of everything.

Ha, that gave me a good laugh

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Am I the only one to immediately think of Princess Mononoke when the title was read?

Me me me! *raises hand, jumps up and down* Me too!

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Thanks for that, but I have to say.. I was hoping for a video of thousands of (radioactive) boars tearing through Fukashima.
Something like BeeBop & Rocksteady from ninja turtles or something like that

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I wonder do their horns glow in the dark?

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Is it the radiation that gives them horns??

I have seen boars with great big tusks, but never one with a horn.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind
a reply to: smurfy

Is it the radiation that gives them horns??

I have seen boars with great big tusks, but never one with a horn.

I wasn't talking about the tusks........

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

aside from hi cesium levels,they seem to be very healthy,even fertile! I didn't realize that japan had the open countryside for wild boars to exist.Anyhow,if the japanese have such a "yen" for golf,why not have an open season on them? Maybe a TV show contest with bikini babes shooting them? Or round them up,feed them to the mutant sharks offshore,maybe Godzilla?

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Im sure they could simply dump them in the pacific without raising the contamination level signifigantly higher than it is already....
Why don't those in charge ever think of these things before hand.....
Im sure a herd cull could have been performed when there were much fewer to deal with....
I like Ickes pronouncement :
Japan is OVER....
that about sums it up....

Aside from that what about radioactive
bunnies
cats
dogs
turtles
worms
chickens
cows
birds
and just about everything else over there....surely this isn't just a hog problem....are we to wait till other life forms get out of hand as well.....
edit on 13-4-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Why must you make so difficult ? Shoot them from helicopters, leave them where they lay and the maggots will take care of the rest. Use drones to heard them and ................oh nevermind, just live with it ...... geesh...

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

The plot for Final Fantasy XVII, with a revived Shinra corporation (as proxy for Tepco) is now complete! Opening scene, radioactive wild boar rampage.

On a serious note, this situation is a tragic, yet fascinating study of an ecosystem with sudden human abandonment. Almost like a macro version of the various bugs along the timeline of a decomposing corpse.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Just spread the rumor that they give you vitality.

Problem solved, they will just eat them out of existence.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Why must you make so difficult ? Shoot them from helicopters, leave them where they lay and the maggots will take care of the rest. Use drones to heard them and ................oh nevermind, just live with it ...... geesh...

Who eats maggots....birds do.....and leave radioactive poop wherever it drops...
Mycillium may be a way to nullify radioactive organic matter
Oyster mushrooms possibly will do it...seriously.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join