It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMA Threads

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I think there has to be a better way to format the AMA threads.

Not meaning to complain but all the pertinent information seems to get lost in pages of chit-chat.

This is only a suggestion, but I would be interested in some feedback.

What if the next AMA guest speaker was announced, and we had a certain amount of time to write our questions...?
Just questions!! With a limit of say, three.

Short and to the point. An example:
1. Do you have proof that aliens are real?
2. Are humans being abducted?
3. Is God real?

After everyone has had a chance to ask their questions, the guest would then have time to go through them and pick the most popular questions to respond to.

I realize that everyone wants to receive an answer...and be acknowledged by the guest.
But it's ridiculous trying to make it through all the paragraphs of either praise (I'm such a big fan!) or personal experience (When I was 12 I saw these weird lights in the sky!)...when that stuff is discussed here all the time, and what we really want to read is the ANSWERS!

Obviously these threads are popular and many of us would like to participate.
Sadly I always end up disappointed though, feeling that I'm reading too much from the members and not enough from the guest.

This 'rant' is not personal, it's not against anyone in particular.
I would imagine the pages of long replies get tedious for the guest speaker.
What say you, fellow members?

jacy

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I'm sick of AMA rants!!!

Honestly, I feel the whole thing would be a lot smoother if we had an open poll perhaps hosted elsewhere, where members could suggest questions and everyone could vote on the most popular questions to be asked. There was too much pointless chit-chat and members arguing/engaging trolls in the last thread, and too many entitled whiners.

I don't see why people can't just let the AMA person answer questions how they want, we can make our mind up on the experience after they have left.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
How about a special forum that only allows one post per member?

A real Q&A session, no "fluffernutters," lol.

Make it count!

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I totally agree with you Jacy...

I am a keen coyote and ferret fan...

Ask me anything...

Kindest respects

Lag

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

Not meaning to complain but all the pertinent information seems to get lost in pages of chit-chat.

What if the next AMA guest speaker was announced, and we had a certain amount of time to write our questions...?

3. Is God real?

After everyone has had a chance to ask their questions, the guest would then have time to go through them and pick the most popular questions to respond to.

I realize that everyone wants to receive an answer...and be acknowledged by the guest.
But it's ridiculous trying to make it through all the paragraphs of either praise (I'm such a big fan!) or personal experience (When I was 12 I saw these weird lights in the sky!)...when that stuff is discussed here all the time, and what we really want to read is the ANSWERS!

Sadly I always end up disappointed though, feeling that I'm reading too much from the members and not enough from the guest.

jacy

I thought exactly the same thing but figured it was not my place to say so

It would be nice to be able to submit a question so the guest speaker had time to at least think about a response and give an answer as opposed to a quick reply.

I cannot imagine what it must be like to try to answer about 50 people all at once. I struggle to reply to my own posts in other peoples threads and I'm not even a little bit special or famous

edit on 12/4/2016 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement

I'm sick of AMA rants!!!

Honestly, I feel the whole thing would be a lot smoother if we had an open poll perhaps hosted elsewhere, where members could suggest questions and everyone could vote on the most popular questions to be asked. There was too much pointless chit-chat and members arguing/engaging trolls in the last thread, and too many entitled whiners.

I don't see why people can't just let the AMA person answer questions how they want, we can make our mind up on the experience after they have left.

I concur wholeheartedly.

Not that this is a meeting or anything

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I completely agree, jacy. Last night was a debacle of rudeness and useless chit-chat among members. As I said on the rant thread, I found myself cringing at times.

The most interesting things the OP had to say -- he said in the Opening Post. But for memebers to go on and on about it was so distracting and such a waste of time.

I didn't notice it last night, but even in the past when the OP has been asked a question, a member will pop up and say "I can answer that", and proceed to give an answer. Also cringe-worthy.

I think the only way to stop them is give out OT's and manner's violations like they finally started to do last night..

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
How about a special forum that only allows one post per member?

A real Q&A session, no "fluffernutters," lol.

Make it count!

This would have my vote , sorry for my short post i suffer from a hand injury

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

At the very least, the guest needs to "quote" the member they're responding to in a given response.

Just "reply"ing is not helping anyone match answers to questions asked.

Admin should have covered that.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

1) Please, one post per member. Be mindful of how many other members would want to be participating.

2) Please, one question per post, and no follow-ups. This means make sure your question is complete, but not so long as to take up too much time for Mr. Icke to read.

whats wrong wit dat............

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

I'm sorry Urantia, but that was another thing. I don't think we should have someone unfamiliar with our codes to learn those, when all the reader has to do is click on the name the OP is replying to. It brings the question right up above the answer, and there is an "x" in the upper right corner to close it. It's simple, and saves time for the OP in having to use tags for all that quoting.

Here -- try this now. Click on your user name in this post. It will bring a box with your comments to view, then easily click out of it using the 'x'.

edit on 4/12/2016 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111
That isn't necessary, is it? I just click the questioner's link in green (ex. a reply to: Urantia1111) and read their question before I read the response. Simply bookmark Tom's "posts in thread" page and look for new responses, easy...

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Wow, thanks guys!

I'm certainly not 'dissing' the AMA threads, I think they're a great idea!

I just think they need to be handled a little differently, for all the reasons you guys are pointing out.

This isn't really a rant as much as a suggestion.
My point isn't to criticize anyone....just thinking these threads would work better with some guidelines in place.

jacy

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

At the very least, the guest needs to "quote" the member they're responding to in a given response.

Just "reply"ing is not helping anyone match answers to questions asked.

Admin should have covered that.

I suppose that depends on if the question is relevant to the thread or to the individual asking though.

Clogging up the thread with quotes could be worse than choosing to click the reply link if your interested in the answer.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I wish I could have been 'comfortably numb' reading that AMA last night!

I'll be better prepared for the Icke thread. lol.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: bandersnatch
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

1) Please, one post per member. Be mindful of how many other members would want to be participating.

2) Please, one question per post, and no follow-ups. This means make sure your question is complete, but not so long as to take up too much time for Mr. Icke to read.

I don't recall saying that was wrong. I just gave a suggestion.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

If the guest had a chance to look over the questions before beginning...maybe they could outline which questions will be answered...by choosing the ones that are most asked.

I suppose this way would be more about the guest answering the questions themselves, instead of replying to each guest individually...but aren't the answers what we are there for?

jacy

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

A "reply" means that readers are left to flip back through a dozen pages looking for what question was asked to elicit the guest's response.

If the guest has responded to a query, it's already been deemed worthy and ought to be paired with the corresponding post with a "quote".

Being able to read the questions and then the answers isn't clogging up the thread.

It's the explicit purpose OF the thread.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I confess, I lost my patience with people being rude to an invited guest and started spanking, which really was childish just squabbling, forgive me.
But a gal can only take so much

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: jacygirl

3. Is God real?

jacy

I thought exactly the same thing but figured it was not my place to say so

It would be nice to be able to submit a question so the guest speaker had time to at least think about a response and give an answer as opposed to a quick reply.

I cannot imagine what it must be like to try to answer about 50 people all at once. I struggle to reply to my own posts in other peoples threads and I'm not even a little bit special or famous

it is your place to say so.

Just like its my place to say what i want and others places to say what they want. You dont need to wait for permission, just speak up (within reason of course, this is still a privately owned forum).

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join