It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rudi Giuliani is voting for Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
An interesting development. Hugely popular in the N.Y. region, and with myself, Rudi apparently has stated he's voting for Trump.

Add in that G.M., following in Ford's footsteps, has announced plans to build an assembly plant in China for a Cadillac line and we might see the U.A.W. endorsing Trump as well. LOL.

I'd say this swings the momentum back into Trump's campaign, if it receives the exposure that it merits from the MSM.

conservativetribune.com... .08.16

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
Add in that G.M., following in Ford's footsteps, has announced plans to build an assembly plant in China for a Cadillac line and we might see the U.A.W. endorsing Trump as well. LOL.

So, just to try and comprehend your logic... you think that voting for a billionaire business man, who's only concern is the bottom dollar, is a proactive way to keep manufacturing jobs in America?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Rudy's endorsement is a big ho-hum. He's cut from much of the same clothe as Trump. So it's no big surprise. Nor do I think it will help him much.

I, frankly, cannot follow the logic of the rest of your post.
edit on 9-4-2016 by Moresby because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: nwtrucker

So, just to try and comprehend your logic... you think that voting for a billionaire business man, who's only concern is the bottom dollar, is a proactive way to keep manufacturing jobs in America?

IF
And that's a big if
Trump cares about the US, is a true citizen then he may be the one who helps rebuild the US

Cos it's clearly in a crap situation now and without new blood and new ideas it will only get worse

Hillary is just another clone of the past few presidents who have turned the US economy into a basket case teetering on collapse
It's not an if it will collapse, it's when

Is he capable, probably not, it's far to late, too much water in the hold to pump it out now

I can see a time when the US becomes a third world country begging China
Mind I think the whole world will be third world begging a broke China for help

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Text
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I will respond with I don't understand your logic. Somehow you equate being a billionaire as therefore blind to job loss and somehow, as a result, incapable of understanding that without good paying jobs there's less likelihood that the U.S. economy flourishes? That his nation that used his services/products would be less able to make him more profit.

Not all billionaires suffer from quarterly profit reports, such as CEOs of Ford or GM. Not all billionaires are blind to those short term profits for the corporations hurt the U.S., overall.

If Trump stops the bleeding of our jobs, what few are left, then all the more power to him.

The one positive in this campaign is more and more people realize having money isn't some sort of automatic disqualification. No other candidate has taken on Ford, Carrier, FB, Apple et al. NONE.

That's the 'logic'. If you don't see it-and it's rather simple- then you choose not to see it. No, there's no guarantee with Trump. I give maybe a 50-50. I see ZERO from the remaining candidates.

edit on 9-4-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby
Rudy's endorsement is a big ho-hum. He's cut from much of the same clothe as Trump. So it's no big surprise. Nor do I think it will help him much.

I, frankly, cannot follow the logic of the rest of your post.

It might be a ho-hum to you. It isn't on the right. Rudi likely would have won the Presidency if he had won the nomination instead of Romney. (He would have carried N.Y. State...around 47 electoral college votes.)

It's a vote of confidence from a respected Republican and that carries weight amongst our supporters.

From the left viewpoint? Your ho-hum garners a ho-hum right back....

edit on 9-4-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

I assume your referring to the UAW endorsement? Well, this would be a start of a massive drain on union membership due to the assembly plants being outside the U.S.. (You might also note the Union representing the Border patrol has also endorsed Trump)

If the union feels they're being shafted by TPTB then they will, perhaps officially, perhaps not, endorse Trump to keep those jobs and union dues feeding the coffers.

There is an overlap amongst the different political views and that is JOBS and future...which is under continued attack. Not the create job mantra. We're now down to keeping the few left...never mind new good jobs.

Trump is the only one pissing all TPTB off. That in itself makes me smile......

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
He has consulted him on his entire campaign and it was a sure thing but it is a good endorsement. The GOP and the DNC are still trying to tell the general public that Trump is evil and could never win the general but he is actually ahead of where Reagan was at this point in the 80 election and he won in a landslide.

Giuliani would also make a great cabinet post in a Trump POTUS situation. He turned NYC around and was a driving force after 9/11. He is very well respected and as we move forward the endorsements will tell you where everyone is aligned. Neither candidate is heavily endorsed at this point but they will start coming soon...

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I thought Trump would have NY in the bag since it's his home state and all. I expected him to pull at least 40%. Then again I also expected Kasich to get out way before now.

Going to be an interesting night on the 14th all around.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

The endorsement situation is very interesting. The plugs by Carson and Giuliani are from Republicans NOT subject to the party whip system of 'we will withhold campaign funds in the next election and remove any pork barrel perks for your state if you don't'....

Many wet fingers are in the wind seeing which way this goes...

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

You think just because someone is wealthy they can't be an altruistic human being? That sounds pretty ignorant to me and frankly it is the kind of hateful, divisive language I have come to expect from your posts.
edit on 2016/4/9 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker
Looks like Louis Farrakhan is probably voting for Trump as well.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Only concern is the bottom dollar? You have no idea how much his entire family contributes and gives back. His organization is a great one to work for. This is a guy who is stating basically 3 things.

He wants to secure our borders.
He wants to cut taxes.
He wants to create jobs with better trade deals.

All three of those will create more jobs and legal jobs for those who are immigrants. Guilianis endorsement was saved for the weeks before the NY election. You have seen this at other times when he is endorsed right before a big primary.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Who cares what Rudi Giuliani thinks?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Hmm, I will take his vote...then he can go to hell....

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I never said a single thing about a 'wealthy' person not being able to be concerned about the welfare of others... there you go putting words in my mouth again.

I simply insinuated that you would have to be extremely slow on the uptake to think that a 'billionaire' (billionaires being a few grades above "wealthy", btw) ruthless businessman has any interest in protecting the working class and keeping manufacturing jobs in the US.

Obviously, if he's ever elected as president, his own bank balance will always be his main concern... rather than what's best for the country.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Who cares what Rudi Giuliani thinks?

A whole bunch of NE citizens, the Republican party, in general, and those that see an effective, pragmatic political representative sees Trump as a solution...that's who.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
why would anyone care about rudy, or what he thinks....

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

see the post just before yours...

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: Metallicus

I never said a single thing about a 'wealthy' person not being able to be concerned about the welfare of others... there you go putting words in my mouth again.

I simply insinuated that you would have to be extremely slow on the uptake to think that a 'billionaire' (billionaires being a few grades above "wealthy", btw) ruthless businessman has any interest in protecting the working class and keeping manufacturing jobs in the US.

Obviously, if he's ever elected as president, his own bank balance will always be his main concern... rather than what's best for the country.

I agree with Metallicus. He's not putting words in your mouth proven by your very rebuttal.

Ruthless, without love, is the definition of ruthless, by the way, is EXACTLY what we need representing this nation and it's interests with other nations. Your age old, class warfare rhetoric seems to exclude anyone with an effective track record.

Your solution, apparently lies with either a politician who in 50 years has done nothing of note and another that is fully bought by TPTB.

I will pass thanks....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join