It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Favor $15 an Hour Wage for Congress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I actually think it might be too much.

The New Yorker

“I know what members of Congress will say: ‘I can’t live on that,’” Harland Dorrinson, a protester in Chicago, said. “Well, if they want to earn more, they should go out and acquire some skills.”

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra
And Medicaid for their insurance. How do you like it when you go to the dentist and your options are clean the teeth or pull a problem tooth. Not attempt to fix or help lets just pull it. Yeah I doubt those folks would like it very much.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: YachiruKusajishi
And Medicaid for their insurance. How do you like it when you go to the dentist and your options are clean the teeth or pull a problem tooth. Not attempt to fix or help lets just pull it. Yeah I doubt those folks would like it very much.

Nope, they would not at all.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
This American favors firing and jailing the whole damn bunch.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I know a few on a state level I would keep otherwise yeah fire them with a clause that they can never work in politics again.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Not good enough Mrs Reldra, 15.00 an hour is just too much. I say if they are in Washington DC then give them The following,

Military pay, for an e-1 first year with one rank increase per year.

1566.90 a month, but that does not break down to 9.04 and hour like most jobs no our servicemen and women are 24/7/365 so the real pay of an E-1 per hour is 2.14 an hour.

Yes that is what a recruit makes an hour...

Of course the government does provide meals and sleeping arrangements for our troops

The Bedding Congress should Get

and good old Mess cranking.

But I would not stop there, I would make their medical the same as Military there should be some Military Hospitals near by D.C.

Then retirement Nope, SSI only.

After Term Medical sure why not the VA.... Mind you all services have to be service tied to their TERM and they can deal with the appeal process.

Finally the staff, we elected the Congressmen not their staff. There should be no budget for staff, make them read their own damn bills instead of cliff notes, let them deal with their own mail, and the calls that come in from the people they currently are misrepresenting.

There that would be fair and Just right.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Pay them bugger all unless they draft a bill outlawing corporate sponsorship to the halls of government.
Or pay them a wage based on actual government accomplishments
edit on 8-4-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Pay them nothing, most wouldn't even flinch
They have other ways and means to make up any shortfall

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
This may be in the joke section. But in reality, I favor price control on all essential items such as food/utilities and land/home, kept low with no interest.

And all wages above the current concept of 20 odd dollars and hour, and that is you're on assistance or disability. More like 40 for anyone working. ABUNDANCE.

And all politicians should be on the same level as a teacher's salary.

new topics

top topics

join