It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sometimes i miss the "crazy" old days ( UFO Topic)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I sit here and hope that someone would post a UFO video which we could discuss, like in the old days when i joined.

Almost every day there were new videos to watch, talk and debunk, today they are pretty much gone.

I remember old now gone members that were hardcore believers, and they would spark huge discussions with their posting of videos.

It was sometimes interesting or ridicules but fun.

I just scouted YouTube for new videos, and it's absolutely dead, or of no quality worth posting here.

Have the aliens left the atmosphere or what?
edit on 8-4-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Resolution increased.

Grainy videos no longer so grainy, then the rise of the youtube dollar, cgi-its-a-prank-bro-ufo-vids galore.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Resolution definitely is a cause, but just once in a while there were a few that stood out.

Here is an example.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   

I've actually never seen that one, it really does appear to shoot something out.

One of the cases that really interested me was the Stephenville Texas ufos sighting, I knew someone who witnessed it, and they told me the videos that are out there aren't the half of what happened. If only it happened today when almost everyone has a decent cam on them thanks to their phone.

Also remember all the videos of "rods" when really they were bugs... Remember how hard ppl would push them as evidence? ahh good times

edit on 8-4-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Taking samples of the con/chemtrail??

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Oh, the quality, hurts my eyes

Stephenville, Texas UFO

The strange thing about an amazing UFO story, they never have a good video.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Wish this would've been on a much higher quality camera.

I was told that this thing was basically going into some sort of hieroglyphic-esque designs, that it would pop into each one...

looks like the phone couldn't keep a decent frame rate.
edit on 8-4-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   

I think there are a number of drivers affecting the posting of UFO videos and threads these days, which were not necessarily the case back in the day.

First of all, back in 2007, when I joined, we were in a different economic situation. The crash had not yet taken hold across the board, people had a little more time on their hands, and a little more supposedly disposable income. Time on ones hands can make ones hands idle, and idle hands do the hoaxers work. It must be said that some of the most amazing videos I have seen in my time here, turned out to be hoaxes. Gorgeous, atmospheric, granular and impressive hoaxes, but hoaxes all the same. Folks who were doing that stuff back then may have been taken up with work commitments, may even have started their own media companies or taken jobs with graphics and design elements, since those heady days.

The banking crash tightened people's focus, drew their attention from the heavens, toward earthly matters like their food allowance for the week, changed lives so drastically and so quickly, that they were paying attention, some for the first time, to where the money went, how it got there, and who was responsible for the collapse.

Further to that, revelations made by Snowden, vindicating much that had been theorised about government surveillance on this very website, has altered the general dynamics of the user base. Vindication like that drew an awful lot of attention to the site from people who might have seen it as a place for UFO nuts before, but realised that we had been talking about this stuff for years before it was ever publicly and widely known. That coupled with the Wikileaks events, further vindicating the idea that many had back in the day, that the wars we were fighting did not make sense when married to the official explanation, also altered the site dynamic.

There were all of a sudden, more and more posts about foreign policy, grassroots political discussion, and there has been, since the Snowden revelations and the Wikileaks releases of import, a general need to keep an eye on the governments we live under, to an even greater degree than ever. Simply put, current affairs have played a massive part in the change in dynamic around here, because all of a sudden the news that was out there in the world, was that we were right on the money, that powers which were against liberty and freedom were in amongst us, wearing our various nations colours, yet committing acts which could be considered treasonous, allegedly in our name, but actually in the name of whatever corporate interests were best served in the doing of these acts.

Focus therefore shifted to pin governments against the cork board, and examine their construction and their agencies for further evidence of misdeed and dishonourable conduct. Owing to the fact that there are many things about the way governments are run, which cause righteous persons to raise an eyebrow, if not a battle standard, these issues have run and run, showing little sign of going away any time soon.

Getting to the here and now, politics has devolved and deconstructed itself under the weight of the failures, and outright criminality of past leaders and administration members, such that things have become SO polarised that outrages occur almost daily, with baiting and taunting from both candidates and grass roots supporters alike. Things are coming to a head in a massive way, and that is necessarily taking up a significant quantity of people's attention.

Another thing to note, is that some of the most compelling and detail heavy incident reports are of cases of extreme age. Some have been debunked, others remain interesting, but all of those have been gone over, time and again, from literally thousands of different view points. This website contains one of the most extensive collections of data pertaining to these incidents, that has ever existed outside of a government facility, and it would be easy to believe that there is little to be said on some of the oldest topics, that has not been discussed or stated before. Whether that perception is accurate or not is another question, but with things being what they are at the moment in terms of current affairs, that perception is unlikely to change, while the veils which occlude the operation of government from our sight are being blown clear from the rotten core of it all, allowing us to observe its foul, corrupted heart. Truth that we can all see without a telescope is compelling.

There are many things that are considered more immediate, more concerning than the presence of alien life in our vicinity at the moment, and as interested as I am personally in these things, I cannot help but be rather more concerned about the fact that we are arriving at several tipping points geopolitically, and in terms of human consciousness. Technology is moving forward faster, money changing hands in a blur, and tomorrow is never anything like yesterday. We live in interesting times, and our awareness is focused on that which threatens life and liberty. Perhaps this will change in time.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Literally everybody who posted them type of threads or conditrubuted to them by positing has either left, been banned or been pushed into not wanting to post.

Zoron, Gazrok, Mikesingh, Arken, SkyFloating, RisingAgainst - Even Slayer has stopped his epic threads.

Thank god we still have IsaacKoi.

The website is becoming more righty-wing political by the day.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Ive come to the point of ignoring Youtube stuff.....
Not that I don't believe they exist....(I have seen one undeniable sighting),....
The testimony of guys from the early years...Keyhoe,Wilbert Smith, and contemporary others who investigated the phenomena, or had sightings back then.......is far more than enough evidence to destroy the governments cover up.....
I trust these WW2 vets far and away more than the modern internet versions....
Col. Wendell Stevens is another who is old school and entirely believable when he tells of his military encounters with the phenomena....

I do no longer require proof they are here....
But that's all I know......the rest of the subject has been clouded, through disinformation of many kinds....

I don't await disclosure any longer either.....

I await the visitors move to reveal themselves in far more concrete ways...
I feel they will when they deem us ready for the introduction....

Till then I think it almost a waste of time persuing the government to reveal what it knows.....
They are busy trying to keep all information for their own cabal.....
I believe wiser heads are watching up topside, and will move when its right in their minds to step up....and when they do it will be directly to all earthlings, bypassing the government cabal entirely....

edit on 8-4-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

The site and the world has clearly become more politically and breaking news driven, "out of this world topics" are way off in the background or simply non existing, which change the audience and members.

The hoaxing today is a huge problem for the UFO topic, as the small gems get lost in the sea of CGI and phone apps, or just generally hoaxing as it has always been there, people stop believing, and shift focus.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I actually think it's the opposite.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   

I think the trouble is that hoaxers have gotten so good, that it basically comes down to how well their stories are crafted, as to whether or not they are believable. No one can trust an image or video, because we know how easily these are manipulated.

It does not help that some of the people who have come forward over the last little while, claiming to be be involved in this and that secret project, and this and that element of the shadow government, then come along and talk a great game, but bring with them no testable proof of their claims, and this was tiresome long before I ever became interested in the topic. Got some physical evidence? If not, then you have no case these days, and that is, to be fair, how it always should have been.

Forensics is more reliable than any eyewitness, any photograph or video, and no one ever comes with anything remotely like forensic evidence to support their claims. Excuses are all very well, but meaningless, because the only thing that will move the discussion forward broadly, is the kind of evidence which cannot be replicated by human hands or minds, such have the hoaxers made their mark.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

I prefer to think there are some good solid sightings out there but aren't being reported. Think about it, it's common knowledge Mufon just prints everything, Stan Gordon gets reports but his site isn't well known plus it's regional, the problem is as much there is no one credible to report anything too as CGI and lack of interest.

We're left having to still scour multiple sites looking for anything remotely interesting. Time consuming and hit or miss. It doesn't help that some of the sites are like the national inquirer stuck on stupid and puking up known hoaxes with " I saw a light!!" reports mixed in.

I remain convinced there are some credible anomalies just not reported, sadly.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

I agree, that is surely a factor.

However, I believe that has been the case for a very long time. Credible publications dealing with these topics are far outweighed by the number of crackpot journals and blogs, and always have been. That never used to stop people before! Circumstances changing in other spheres of life have had a far greater effect on the matter by my estimation.

And is it really a surprise? Things in the world today are so insane, so utterly unbelievable that those seeking a truly disturbing experience need not travel to the sands of Nevada to get probed, instead having only to turn on their televisions and watch any number of news articles, and see their fellow human beings turning into animals, and gnashing at one another as if possessed.

Our fellow human beings are becoming alien to us, through mass manipulation of opinion through media channels controlled by those who benefit most from our division. This, at least, is a conspiracy we can examine in real time, that there is evidence of all over the place. According to the media, the xenos are amongst us, are our neighbours, countrymen, friends and family, fear is food and is being eaten every day, all over the world.

Whether this is simply a more pressing and consumable conspiracy to look into, by way of its enormity, or whether people are giving into it and thinking what they are told to think, the attention being paid to matters external to our atmosphere is much less constant than it was not so long ago.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Images of UFOs are basically "yesterday's news" as they say in journalism. There is nothing new to discuss. The public has loved the general topic for generations now, but that interest stops short if any attempt is made to get into the whole situation that is more complex than any human dilemma ever is/was. UFOs have run their course in the minds of human willing to actually think about the immense implications of the evidence that we have been given to actually think about.

It is easy to see what the next phase is going to be. It will be the slow but steady knowledge gained in one way or another that there is life out there. Of course, it may first be the announcement of traces of FORMER life forms of the smallest kind have been found on Mars, but that makes no difference than if it was a mega-civilization found by the Kepler satellite. The same solid truth will be aired and hurt. Nothing will remain but filling in the details. As that new insight is accept across humanity, to a person, we will turn to one another and smugly say, "I always knew there was something to those UFO sightings and that the government was lying to us."

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Yeah, us die-hards are in short supply.
All we can do is keep pointing the "youngers" in the right direction making sure they know what are known hoaxes and finally letting them pick up the trail where we left off as we shuffle off into the nursing home.

I agree AlienSun that this is going to be a long term gradual coming to jesus thing for the general population.
Well...that is if we can get their attention off of black friday sales, and all the selfies Kimmy regurgitates. Some of the kiddo's are interested, I've found, but it's gonna take them some time to sort thru the garbage and build up their critical thinking skills.

I'm to the point where screen shotting websites is important because too many have gone defunct that had good info, leaving just dreck out there. Heck one unrelated site went belly up while I wasn't paying attention and now that that info is needed I'm just screwed.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I have a lot of fun looking at mufons latest 20 sighting report. Some good videos and pics show up frequently.
mufoncms.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I didn't have a camera at the time but I once saw a big white light in some parted clouds. It was shaped like 4 sided diamond. Another time I was in the mountains and saw a ball of light approach, pass over then vanish over a mountain.

I haven't seen any pics or videos for a long time either

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I think part of the equation has to do with technology. These days, it's much easier to analyze and examine a video and discover it's a fake.

10 years ago it was easier to get away with a hoaxed video.

To me, this tells me that many, MANY of UFO videos of the 80's and 90's (if not most) were fakes.

The "drive" to want to create a hoaxed UFO video is gone, as it'll be exposed as a fake very, very quickly into today's world.

It's a sad thing to have to admit...but the reality is that we're probably not being visited by aliens, and anything unexplainable is probably ours.
edit on 9-4-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join