It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom DeLonge (Blink-182) - Drip-feed Disclosure or something else?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Excellent! I am really looking forward to that. I enjoyed the C2C interview and would love to see an interactive discussion on it.

I will most definitely stay tuned...

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

Why do I have the feeling that this might be why we won't see Blink-182 anymore.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Crakeur

I don't consider the Op I penned to be in anyway getting up in arms about DeLonge coming forward with his belief.

I do not take issue with what he believes, and if he can get the truth I am all for it.

He's not simply coming forward saying he believes this or that. He's saying he has access to high level information and to the truth. The history of ufology and the way it has been handled by our governments, I think, warrants questioning any movements made on the front, and what a better venue?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It's George Knapp

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Dude, I'm not a Freemason or some Illuminati ... but even *I* am trying to figure out how to work those symbols into my company logo. For some reason they seem to make everything they touch turn to gold. It's like the "fake it till' you make it" or something. If you flash the signs, you get noticed and the business rolls in.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
Stay tuned. He will be on ATS in the very near future.

That's awesome! I was wondering that as I made my thread, and really surprised there wasn't a thread yet. This is either a very big deal or another alien baby mummy!

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

For reals? Aww man I take back my previous post. I'm already fan-girling over here.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Tom DeLonge was my 14 year old self's great love, I was a massive Blink fan in the late 90s. Based on a whole bunch of songs and hearing him talk, none of this surprises me - But Skeptic you've got me excited now! Looking forward to hearing more.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Crakeur

I find it odd that people get all up in arms when someone like DeLonge comes forward with their beliefs on these kinds of topics. If you, or I, started talking the way they do, nobody would listen and our friends and family would probably look to have us committed. When a celebrity does it, it gets heard, it gets press and it gets more people interested in the topics we all seem so very interested in

I really don't get peoples criticisms here. We've been inundated for years by hucksters and charlatans, every couple years an elaborate hoax is perpetrated, and whether its just a cheap money making scheme, or perhaps even a disinformation campaign, whether to hide some other worldy meaty revelation, or perhaps just the latest drone tech and throw off other governments around the world... the point is most don't offer up their own money, or their own celebrity to the cause.

It's not to say he might not make money off this, indeed he might, but if he's actively taking an interest in it and putting this reputation on the line, his brand, essentially, that is actually worth something. Whereas UFO schemers are only famous because of their UFO claims.

If he or any other person with a social brand, wants to leverage that into the field of UFOlogy, by all means. And even if we get new fiction programming out of it, it aint that bad either. Heck, most of the stuff thrown around as fiction ends up being on par for a scipt for Sci Fy channel.

Whichever direction he goes its something to keep us entertained, at the very least.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Is that going to be to coincide with him having products to sell and ATS contains some who would be seen as a primary source of dollars?

It's obviously your site and so are free to do as you wish, but didn't you use to have T's and C's about what amounts to shameless promotion of a product?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: bkaust

It's a surprise he is even remotely interested in the UFO topic.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I took a look but generally i find it difficult to relate to the online blog approach or extrapolate anything of value from them, i more enjoy listening to people and follow video bloggers who have the good taste to think along similar lines as myself, i also like the fringe talk show genre and on that theme here's Tom DeLonge on Space and UFOs , he's obviously a great enthusiast and if he can get sections of the military to divulge their interest in god wars that will be great fun.

edit on Kam43095vAmerica/ChicagoTuesday0530 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Oddly enough, I'm fairly certain he used to post here.

Until he got banned. I'd link the profile, but that would violate them T&Cs.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I wasn't singling you out and didn't mean to imply such. Just a general assessment of the way these things play out.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

It's cool.

If you prefer listening, try the conversation he had with Mike Clelland a few years ago. Chris Knowles came up with something he calls the Elusive Companion Hypothesis and it's a thoughtful stab at making sense of high strangeness. He ties in the narrative quality that seems to be a thread in these experiences and extrapolates that we're surrounded by entities who influence the path of humanity. In other posts he traces the threads backwards and points the finger at Archons and otherworldly beings. The podcast is over here.

He's not everyone's cup of tea and I've found some of his writings and ideas to be intriguing and thought-provoking whilst others didn't hit the spot. Also a lot of the time, it depends on time and mood for ideas to catch attention. Thanks for looking regardless

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I will have to check this out more when I am not on my iPad and have better net access. ATM I'm at the college cafeteria and don't have any headphones so it would be somewhat difficult to watch and be able to hear the YouTube videos. Interesting topic though, I just hope it's not a scheme to make money and "say what people want to hear" and be a bunch of bull. Will definitely keep an eye on this. Great post.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I listened to this whilst driving around the other day. I got the feeling it was all a 'plug' for a series of science fiction books and a dodgy music album. Tom seemed to have it all worked out. Everything involving the UFO phenomenon and how the Military industrial complex were the good guys in all of this.

I suppose I'll have to give it another listen now.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I was definitely intrigued by the interview posted by the OP. And am halfway through the first book. I can say that I was impressed at how Tom has tied together the narrative. In fact, its pretty close to my own conclusions regarding the subject. Reading the book is quite entertaining, it has a "DaVinci Code" feel and style to it.

Is it the "truth"? Well I suppose that's for each individual to decide for themselves. But all of the elements are there. Everything from the nazi bell, the 1500 nazi scientists from Operation Paperclip, Area 51, S-4, black triangles, gravity craft, foo fighters....its all there.

More fascinating though is how "aliens" or "the others" are basically explained to be little "gods". Some good, some bad....angels to some, demons to others, spirits, ghosts, paranormal events all orchestrated by these "entities" throughout human history.

I really enjoyed how Tom answered the always inevitable "you guys just want to make money" responses. I personally don't have a problem with such things, I mean that's what it takes nowadays to get your message to the distracted/brainwashed masses.

I will say though that it seems to be written so that anyone who has never before read anything about ufos or even studied the subject can get a basic introduction to some of the things that entire books have covered (such as the bell). So some hardcore ufologists may be slightly disappointed that there is nothing "new" covered. But it would seem to make sense if "they" were using Tom to give a sort of "soft disclosure".

Either way it is an interesting, and well executed take on the narrative of ufo lore as a whole tied together "thesis".

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Source

You've had your phone tapped?

Yeah, yeah I did. For quite some time. Years ago, there was somebody who was gathering 150 hours of top secret testimony specifically for Congressional hearings on government projects and the US secret space program. People from NASA, Rome, the Vatican, you name it, they're all on there. The top 36 hours that summarized the best parts of all of that footage, I had it hidden in my house for a period of time, and during that time I was flying this person out along with somebody that was Wernher von Braun's right-hand assistant.

For those who are new, curious, or simply unaware.

He seems to be eluding to Steven Greer (with footage for the Citizen Hearing On Disclosure), and Carol Rosin (von Braun's right-hand assistant).
edit on 4/5/16 by redmage because: grammar

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
wonder what he is selling?
these celebrities are more than willing to jump on the conspiracy bandwagon, it couldn't be to get extra fans, could it?
look at ye olde devil horns, or the world wide symbol for heavy rock, used by a couple of mainstream rappers, conspiracy community goes into meltdown, again.
lady gaga and jay z are members of a centuries defunct german scholarship society?
about as likely as this guy revealing a UFO.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join