It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why white people need to stop saying 'namaste'

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   
More SJW nonsense

This is becoming rather comical to say the least.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SisterDelirium

"Actually, after taking so much crap over the color blue for so long, I'd probably just be glad everyone stopped being so uptight about the color blue."

And this, my friend, shows exactly how little you know of the world and how easy your life has been as a white person.

And trust me, I know the vast majority of people act like five year olds, like you've just proven yourself. I just thought ATS could have been a place for that 5% but it's only proving it's everything but.
edit on 9-4-2016 by themsheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

The yoga class felt strange, as if I had somehow gone there in a misguided attempt to connect with what I thought was a part of my identity. Instead, as the class went on, I felt like an imposter. When the 45 minutes were up, I eagerly tried to scuttle away when I heard the instructor say 'nam-aasss-tay'.

I suppose this IDIOT would also think that a white person saying BUNGALOW to describe a certain building would be surreal. After-all it's an Indian word.

So is
CHEETAH
CHUTNEY
COT
CUSHY
DINGHY
JUGGERNAUT
KHAKI
MOGUL
MANTRA
NIRVANA
PUNCH - as in the drink
PYJAMAS / PAJAMAS (actually the PAJAMA would be more correct to spell it that way since in India its PAIJAAMAA)
SHAMPOO
THUG
TYPHOON
VERANDA

and finally YOGA itself.

There are more, since India was a former British colony, the English language borrowed words from India and the Indian language borrowed words from English.

This is only the beginning of this social appropriation nonsense.

The reason "white guilt" exists or was promoted was for the globalists to stomp out ANY form of nationalism.
edit on 10 4 2016 by Debunkology because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Not to sound like a troll but ummm...did you really mean to edit and you forgot something obvious? If so, why did you do it on your phone? There's a sans script, like this font, or Sanskrit, an actual language. I'm really surprised you missed this little oversight. Otherwise, great points earlier.
a reply to: auraofblack

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Debunkology

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

The yoga class felt strange, as if I had somehow gone there in a misguided attempt to connect with what I thought was a part of my identity. Instead, as the class went on, I felt like an imposter. When the 45 minutes were up, I eagerly tried to scuttle away when I heard the instructor say 'nam-aasss-tay'.

I suppose this IDIOT would also think that a white person saying BUNGALOW to describe a certain building would be surreal. After-all it's an Indian word.

So is
CHEETAH
CHUTNEY
COT
CUSHY
DINGHY
JUGGERNAUT
KHAKI
MOGUL
MANTRA
NIRVANA
PUNCH - as in the drink
PYJAMAS / PAJAMAS (actually the PAJAMA would be more correct to spell it that way since in India its PAIJAAMAA)
SHAMPOO
THUG
TYPHOON
VERANDA

and finally YOGA itself.

There are more, since India was a former British colony, the English language borrowed words from India and the Indian language borrowed words from English.

This is only the beginning of this social appropriation nonsense.

The reason "white guilt" exists or was promoted was for the globalists to stomp out ANY form of nationalism.

I agree with most of your list, except for Cushy (coming from the tribe Cus, prounouned Cush, or rightfully called Kush which was Turanian/Sumerian-Babyloanian and Nirvana which has two roots traced back there as well. Ir, nowadays, Iras, mean "to write'....Here it seems to actually "to describe". and An, meaning 'mother' in the closest langauge, Magyar. To most Americans that language is called Hungarian. Great description, by the way.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Thank goodness she said we cant say Curry!! What would all the white British people eat then? What would they say...I'll have some of that spicey gravy with meat and rice thanks........Curry is so much easier.

Funny...I always thought "Namaste" was a Spanish/American thing......Ive only ever seen it on American TV shows and such.

Like Hasta La Vista, and Olla and Moochoochus, Taco and Homos, Homoees, homomey, Homey whatever.....Homes.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Good grief has it really come to that? Absolutely ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I'm a brown person. You can appropriate as much of my culture as you like. Just don't ask for yours back.

Little Miss Drooling Racist Imbecile was registering her indignation in what language, again? Yes, that's what I thought. Maybe she should give it back to the culture she appropriated it from.

edit on 11/4/16 by Astyanax because: she is a racist you know.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MetatronTheAeon

Sorry it's a typo, I'm on my phone so sometimes I miss these.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Namaste doesn't matter. The EU brings its own citizen to exasperation by artificially orchestrating traffic jams, especially by manipulating traffic lights colors. In practice the EU secret service gestapo constantly orchestrates the colors of various traffic lights to create traffic congestions and increase the number of people standing at a traffic light stop. This is one of the many sophisticated EU secret services techniques to increase and foment their most depraved creation that is the falsehoos of "stress". Stress is an invention of western secret service much like many other fake illnesses that are generated with their neurological weapons and other environmental manipulations. Traffic light is just one example

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Dear OP,

I thank you for your honest post about the melting-pot factor in the USA. Your post inspired a smile and to join ATS. First I just want to say - I don't really know what the word means and the one woman (white - like me)who used it just seemed like she was using a gimmick because she was incapable of saying "bye". That woman and I were never friends so its probably a bad example - I'm bias, but the one instance that I remember a white person using it "on" me, I didn't like it.

That being said, there are tons of things I don't like. I'm old and fat, so just moving around a little bit aggravates me - I could make a long list (but I won't). What I do like is Indian Culture, Indian women, Indian food, Indian Music. I LIKE Bollywood. I even like Indian Rap (Mundian To Bach Ke). Living in the US is like surviving a constant cultural invasion. There is a benefit to well-to-do white-women saying things like Namaste - even if they do it wrong or shatter your back-home harmony with the pureness of a Hindi speaker using the word, or you using the word. They will finance attention to the word, they will make it common here, in the US and perhaps in other places.

It sounds like you have a great deal to teach ignorant whites with their sense of over-self-importance and no appreciation for what it is like to have lived, survived and escaped a nation so populated and poor that if any of your white-yoga-namaste people had to live there for 1 month with out any "extra" buffer from "regular indian life" - when they returned home they would never take their wealth or even just the general perks of being an American Citizen for granted again.

Interesting you would choose a forum like this to complain about white-yogis using a word you are only comfortable hearing in your birth-land. No judgement on my part - I have no idea what it is like to be you. Perhaps someday I'll get to go to Mumbai or one of the other major cities in India and teach people to say "Howdy" - like this "Howwwdeee" raising your voice a few octaves on the "eeee" part.

Welcome to the melting-pot. Melting is optional btw.

Peace

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
So I take it me going to a Chinese takeaway and bowing and saying councilman (cannot spell it so I guess the auto correct will have to do) is bad to?
edit on 14-4-2016 by thejames because: spelling

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: thejames

Don’t you dare ask for chopsticks!

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: connection

Couldn't help myself.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Ok... Ok... I won't say "Namaste" anymore.. even though I have a pretty good grasp of it's meaning and find it ironic that I shouldn't use it considering what it means...

However.... I hereby declare the following words and phrases "off limits" to anyone not from the South in the US;

"fixin' to"
"y'all"
"over yonder"
"Y'ont to?"
"ornery"
"purdy"
"reckon"
"skedaddle"
"idget"
"britches"
"caddywompus"
"doohickey"
& "howdy"

~ namaste

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Blarneystoner

Dont forget our food that has been appropriated!

Gravy of all kinds! Chicken fried steak!

Wait... who cooked chickens first on earth? Can I rightfully claim Chicken? Who did someones ancestors steal the first chickens from? Moreover, will that culture(if it still exists) want their chickens repatriated?

At least we have sweet tea!

Hang on....?

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

You appropriated wheat from the Turks. Give it back.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
This is funny.
But unfortunately for people like the author, I'll continue to say whatever I want and whoever doesn't like it can piss off.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
On a serious note....

Think about what it would be like if disparate cultures didn't borrow from each other.... there would be no blues, jazz, rock & roll, bluegrass, etc...

...no pizza, no baseball, no football, no jai alai... lol...

Nope.... can't tell me not to borrow from anyone's culture. But I will respect other's cultures.

~ Slainte!

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Debunkology

You missed out Jamie Oliver and his over use of the word Pukka :-)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join