It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Travel...What year would you travel to?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

You probably got the name mixed up with Alaska. That's close to Canada, innit?

Unless you pictured penguins up there...

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike
Oh no my map is wrong...thank you my friend.LOL

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
You shoudl've put that quote in "ex" tags. Now some people will think you're Irish!

But that is strange, because I've never met anyone who affirmed that the US has 52 states. Most either don't know, or if they do, they give the correct answer (for this time line), which is 50.

As this thread is about time travel, I think it's okay if we consider the Mandela Effect. I suspect it could even be evidence that time travel exists in some form.

Back to what I said about the Challenger disaster. I recall it very well, because although it occurred on Jan 28, where I lived in Australia I first learned of it on the TV news early on the morning of Jan 29, which happened to be my daughter's birthday.

People could argue that maybe we can get a year wrong when recalling an event relating to a birthday, and I agree. But it wasn't only that. For me, it was definitely in January of 1984, because at the time I saw this on the morning news on TV, I was having breakfast with my (then) wife in our home. My daughter was running around and having fun as kids do (especially on their birthdays), and my son was lying in his little cot-on-wheels, snoozing away. He was born in Sept 1983 and on the day of that news report, he was just over 4 months old.

I even recall my wife commenting on how awful it was as we watched replays of the Challenger explosion on the news.

In January 1986 I didn't even have a wife. She and I separated later in 1984 and divorced in 1985. I even just checked my divorce documents to make sure of the date. And yes, they're dated 1985. By January 1986, I had already been back at college for year, completing the studies I had begun years earlier. Just to do something positive with my life after the marriage broke up. In Jan of 1986 I was alone, no partner, kids only for weekends, and I was sharing a rented house in another suburb from where I'd lived when married.

So for me, the Challenger disaster was in January 1984. My memories, involving my marital home and my entire, pre-divorce family, are absolutely solid and unchanging. There is no way the Challenger disaster was in 1986. For me, I must emphasize.

So, what happened? I recall a major event, but two years sooner. Sometime (pun) in the past few years, it went from a 1984 event to 1986. I don't know "when" that happened, but I only noticed this discrepancy in the past few years. I'm pretty sure since sometimes around 2010. I don't recall any "that's the wrong year" kinds of thoughts earlier than that.

Did I "time travel" in some way? Or has the me in this time line somehow acquired some of the memories of a me in some other "it was 1984" timeline? I have no idea, but seeing as I am far from alone in this situation of having the "wrong" memories of some things (as it's not only the Challenger), I get the feeling that something happened, and probably not too long ago.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

NASA knew better. Launching at 26 deg if 14 deg below spec. Just to save face. Shame on the people who did this!

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike
I cannot believe I forgot the "for the quote" I tried to edit but the time expired.

There are some people living in the US that think we have 52 states lol.

Wow your story is very interesting. I understand what happened. Time Machine door is closed for you. I feel you have a better time machine.

Now when I reflect back on your new book Finding The GoddessI happen to think you could travel in time and you did. Now I know how the detail came into your head. My feeling is something surely happened.

Thank you for sharing your story, I found it deep.
edit on 4 11 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4 11 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
And there's an interesting point: I well recall, even years ago when the inquiries were going on, that the ambient air temperature was apparently below what the specs allowed for a launch. So, details like that remained consistent.

Back to your invite to use the time machine to go whenever I want. Well, you probably know the answer to that one. I'd like to see the Great Pyramid when it was brand spanking, shiny new, gleaming in the sun like a jewel from the gods. Then I'd find out as much about it as I possibly could.

And introduce them to the wonders of coffee...

ETA: I was writing while you were posting your new post. I'll answer below.

edit on 11/4/16 by JustMike because: added a pretty obvious eta

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The quote thing has been taken care of.

Must be strange to live in a country and not know how many states it has.

The first details for my book came to me on March 17, 2005. (I found my original notes and they're dated.) And you know, I have to wonder now if there's something in what you've said. That opening scene (which became the prologue) just "appeared" to me, all complete. Like watching it on a screen. And when I "saw" it, I didn't even know what it was about. I just wrote it down. I wrote what she the Goddess wrote.

People can make what they will of that. Some might say, "Mike's nuts," but whatever. The thing is, I have long felt a deep affinity with that time and culture. Am I recalling some prior existence? Was Jung's concept of the collective unconscious(ness) actually closer to the truth than many wish to believe?

Darned if I know. I mean, I think we are all time travellers. Constantly. And we don't always have to travel in one "forward", linear direction. We could go off at a tangent or even go "back". I think uni-directional time is just a construct, a way of getting our minds to try and comprehend something that is not fully comprehensible for being like us who live within what we call "time".

Almost by definition, time has "always" existed. It simply is. Events happen and we perceive them as time passing. But events are not time, they are just a way that we sense its existence.

The only difference I see between our time and eg the Ancient Egyptians is a matter of perspective. For them, they are living "now". It's just that they perceive a different now. But it's all really the same.
edit on 11/4/16 by JustMike because: a typo thang.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I kindly thank you for fixing the quote!

I don't think "Mike's nuts" lol. You point we are all travelers of time made me really think hard how some moments in my life are unexplained. I know the feeling.

Every person reading a book could see different points that stuck out. Along with many points that stuck into my head about your book time travel was a big point.

Thank you, JustMike

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

NASA knew better. Launching at 26 deg if 14 deg below spec. Just to save face. Shame on the people who did this!
open all doors, I left more than a time machine here. Racecars don't need speedometers. The rest is pretty Phil, fear, feel, and never full, fool, because if the fuel tank is empty the cards lighter and ignition generates heat anyway I can can redline this # out a time machine in the morning. Recognition reached step one complete. 02430∆

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

I kindly thank you for fixing the quote!

I don't think "Mike's nuts" lol. You point we are all travelers of time made me really think hard how some moments in my life are unexplained. I know the feeling.

Every person reading a book could see different points that stuck out. Along with many points that stuck into my head about your book time travel was a big point.

Thank you, JustMike
go explain them because I got all for all and I gave all to get it and now I'm going to have to take it again. All things are good.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike

The first details for my book came to me on March 17, 2005. (I found my original notes and they're dated.) And you know, I have to wonder now if there's something in what you've said. That opening scene (which became the prologue) just "appeared" to me, all complete. Like watching it on a screen. And when I "saw" it, I didn't even know what it was about. I just wrote it down. I wrote what she the Goddess wrote.

People can make what they will of that. Some might say, "Mike's nuts," but whatever. The thing is, I have long felt a deep affinity with that time and culture. Am I recalling some prior existence? Was Jung's concept of the collective unconscious(ness) actually closer to the truth than many wish to believe?

Darned if I know. I mean, I think we are all time travellers. Constantly. And we don't always have to travel in one "forward", linear direction. We could go off at a tangent or even go "back". I think uni-directional time is just a construct, a way of getting our minds to try and comprehend something that is not fully comprehensible for being like us who live within what we call "time".

Almost by definition, time has "always" existed. It simply is. Events happen and we perceive them as time passing. But events are not time, they are just a way that we sense its existence.

The only difference I see between our time and eg the Ancient Egyptians is a matter of perspective. For them, they are living "now". It's just that they perceive a different now. But it's all really the same.
" is?"
"Huh?"
"Happen!"
"Aha".

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Godthief

originally posted by: JustMike

" is?"
"Huh?"
"Happen!"
"Aha".
that's definition of all. What's the difference of a couple degrees off.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Godthief

Wow a big Time Machine came and took you away...LOL

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Looks that way. But after reading those posts about three times they started to make sense to me.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Yes after reading his replies I understand his point.

Time Machine brought him back...

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I've pondered the question presented in the OP for several days now. Forgetting for a moment the realities of time travel, if I could travel in time where would I go? The answer presented itself to me while driving home last night...

If I could travel in time, I think I'd want to travel to five different points along time's ever advancing line. First I'd want to travel to the future. I don't have a specific year in mind, but I'd like to travel far enough into the future to a point where mankind has figured out how to isolate and encapsulate "wisdom" and create a wisdom vaccine of sorts. Once given the optional vaccine a person would develops a profound understanding of the world they live in at a much earlier age.

I've always felt it rather unfair that true wisdom and enlightenment comes at such an advanced age. It seems a shame that just about the time one understands the ways of the world around them they are nearly too old to do anything about it. The 'wisdom vaccine' would change all this. I would stay in the future long enough to distill the vaccine down to the point of being agnostic to ideology and religion. One would be free to choose their ideology and religion, among other things, but would do so from a much higher level of enlightenment after having been administered said vaccine. The vaccine would have one other characteristic; not only would it be agnostic of ideology and religion, but it would also wipe clean any previous ideological or religious beliefs from one's being. Once administered the vaccine, one would have to reform these beliefs all over again to their own choosing, but with no recollection of their former belief system.

The 'wisdom vaccine' would give people a profound understanding of history, society, greed, lies, politics, truth and reality. The wisdom vaccine would enlighten people that true kindness and generosity doesn't come in the form of 'things', but rather from the 'acts' of others. The vaccine would give people a profound understanding of the consequences of their own actions. It would illuminate the reality that the most traveled path is not always the right path. It would give mankind the courage to be independent, to be honorable and to truly see the differences between things like good and evil. Things like greed and narcissism would be clearly seen for what they are, and people would be seen for "who" they truly are. This wisdom would be completely devoid of political spin and revisionist historical manipulation. It would do all these things, but above all it would give mankind the ability to make his own decisions while being armed with the wisdom of thousands of years.

Then I would travel to the past. This trip would have a more specific date range. I would travel to a point AFTER August 6th, 1945...let's say September or October, 1945. I would then offer the optional 'wisdom vaccine' free to anyone who wanted it, young or old. I would encourage parents to have all children above the age of 12 to be granted the wisdom. I would discourage parents from granting this wisdom prior to the age of 12 in order to preserve the innocence of youth and childhood. Adults who wanted the vaccine would be welcome as well, but would need to acknowledge that their lives may dramatically change following being granted the wisdom. I don't think it would take long at all for the true value of the vaccine to catch on.

Lastly, I would make three more quick trips in time. First I would travel back to today, and I would make myself a note of my travels and the vaccine. The note would contain a single question. I would lay this note on my kitchen table. Then I'd make a quick second trip back to 1975 and give myself the vaccine. And for my final journey through time...I'd travel back to last night, just before bed.

Then when I woke up today, I would come into the kitchen for a cup of coffee and see the note.

I would know in my heart that I had done the best thing I could have ever imagined for the betterment of mankind as a whole, that I had not significantly done any specific thing to alter the course of human history other than to give mankind the wisdom to do it himself, that I had asked for nothing from it in return and that mankind had been free to make of this gift what he would...the wisdom to see the world for what it truly is.

After reading about my travels I would see my final question...

"Was it the right decision?"

edit on 4/13/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I've pondered the question presented in the OP for several days now. Forgetting for a moment the realities of time travel, if I could travel in time where would I go? The answer presented itself to me while driving home last night...

If I could travel in time, I think I'd want to travel to five different points along time's ever advancing line. First I'd want to travel to the future. I don't have a specific year in mind, but I'd like to travel far enough into the future to a point where mankind has figured out how to isolate and encapsulate "wisdom" and create a wisdom vaccine of sorts. Once given the optional vaccine a person would develops a profound understanding of the world they live in at a much earlier age.

I've always felt it rather unfair that true wisdom and enlightenment comes at such an advanced age. It seems a shame that just about the time one understands the ways of the world around them they are nearly too old to do anything about it. The 'wisdom vaccine' would change all this. I would stay in the future long enough to distill the vaccine down to the point of being agnostic to ideology and religion. One would be free to choose their ideology and religion, among other things, but would do so from a much higher level of enlightenment after having been administered said vaccine. The vaccine would have one other characteristic; not only would it be agnostic of ideology and religion, but it would also wipe clean any previous ideological or religious beliefs from one's being. Once administered the vaccine, one would have to reform these beliefs all over again to their own choosing, but with no recollection of their former belief system.

The 'wisdom vaccine' would give people a profound understanding of history, society, greed, lies, politics, truth and reality. The wisdom vaccine would enlighten people that true kindness and generosity doesn't come in the form of 'things', but rather from the 'acts' of others. The vaccine would give people a profound understanding of the consequences of their own actions. It would illuminate the reality that the most traveled path is not always the right path. It would give mankind the courage to be independent, to be honorable and to truly see the differences between things like good and evil. Things like greed and narcissism would be clearly seen for what they are, and people would be seen for "who" they truly are. This wisdom would be completely devoid of political spin and revisionist historical manipulation. It would do all these things, but above all it would give mankind the ability to make his own decisions while being armed with the wisdom of thousands of years.

Then I would travel to the past. This trip would have a more specific date range. I would travel to a point AFTER August 5th, 1945...let's say September or October, 1945. I would then offer the optional 'wisdom vaccine' to anyone who wanted it, young or old. I would encourage parents to have all children above the age of 12 to be granted the wisdom. I would discourage parents from granting this wisdom prior to the age of 12 in order to preserve the innocence of youth and childhood. Adults who wanted the vaccine would be welcome as well, but would need to acknowledge that their lives may dramatically change following being granted the wisdom. I don't think it would take long at all for the true value of the vaccine to catch on.

Lastly, I would make three more quick trips in time. First I would travel back to today, and I would make myself a note of my travels and the vaccine. The note would contain a single question. I would lay this note on my kitchen table. Then I'd make a quick second trip back to 1975 and give myself the vaccine. And for my final journey through time...I'd travel back to last night, just before bed.

Then when I woke up today, I would come into the kitchen for a cup of coffee and see the note. After reading about my travels I would see the final question...

"Was it the right decision?"

all you would have to do is show people something undeniable. One thing that compromises everything they learned from all mankind to the point of being forced to find the answers on your own. It doesn't take a long time to gain thousands of years of wisdom it only takes twenty minutes. I'm wiser than anyone I'm only 31. I would never say I'm wise to anyone in person because I'm so God damn humble I could make a Buddhist monk hider his pride.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I guess there should be one final stipulation on the administration of the wisdom vaccine; that all adults be required to be administered the wisdom vaccine prior to their administration of it to their children. Otherwise, I could see how some parents might do this for personal gain or selfish reasons.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
(Double post)

edit on 4/13/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Time machine opens a door for you and has a big cup of coffee waiting.

This was the the nicest story I have read. Deep meaning to me. You just saved mankind.

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join