It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can get PTSD from paranormal experiences

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Although I was introduced to the paranormal through no fault of my own, since then I have detailed several instances here of ATS where I have willfully ignored my better judgement in favor of 'having fun'. Strange experiences change a person. I'm bringing this up because I recently learned that paranormal can indeed induce PTSD--especially if the first traumatic experience occurred during early childhood (perhaps similar to Nocturnal Initiation Rites?). In fact, I'm sure that a scary-enough experience could induce it at any old time. Worldview-shattering things are pretty life-altering, you know what I mean?

Anyway, I'll be blunt: I have seen/am still seeing/have always seen an alarming trend on the paranormal forum in particular--of people who seem to think that this is a game.

So, instead of wanting to mess around and play with the paranormal, how about you listen to this every time you think of doing something rash. It's how I feel when people say scary things about wanting to chat with demons or get possessed:

And, since I'm Rukia and all, I should probably end this cautionary thread on a cautionary note: since you can hurt yourself and since you know not what you do, leave spirits alone. Let the dead rest in peace.

edit on 3-4-2016 by rukia because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2016 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: rukia
Worldview-shattering things are pretty life-altering, you know what I mean?

I think such things are the most important things in life to experience.
The world is a set of mysteries that deserve attention to unravel. If you go through life questioning nothing, exploring nothing, then you have learned nothing. Whats the point of life if not to learn, experience, and grow?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

This is something not many people appreciate. Teenagers at a BS ouija session can find one of their members being deeply traumatised by the experience. Some Evangelical preachers can colour someone's perceptions to the point they 'see' the work of demons in their lives. Then we have the cultures who endorse the use of beating to exorcise 'demons' from their parishioners and community. THAT has got to be traumatising to victims as well as those watching or doing the beating.

Experiences are real whether the trigger is real or not. It's easy to see the humour in kids being scared by a ouija board, but, for some, they can suffer long-term effects.

Doc Leary used to say 'Dose, Set and Setting' and this applies to people experimenting with 'paranormal' experiences. Don't gorge on paranormal shows and books, consider state of mind and always have stable, positive people around.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   
This is the best stuff I've heard all day (& just finished with my band at a local gig). Thanks - this is gonna be viral.
On topic: yeah, digging into the occult can f*ck you up - I've been trying to come to terms with this for a while. When you are warned that your life will be forever changed by continuing to engage in dialogue & the gaining of knowledge so to appreciate real understanding (whatever that means), don't take the warning lightly. This is right outta Dr. Aquino's book, MindStar. Most people aren't ready for illumination because no matter where you think you are mentally, spiritually, financially, etc - your merit will be tested, because the unseen forces are very real (find out for yourself before you argue with me); and is one of the very reasons the Temple of Set refuses admission for a majority of applicants - it is an act of compassion out of a deep respect for the welfare of Sentient Beings. Love Conquers All.
edit on 3-4-2016 by kissy princess because: typo

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   

These days materialism rules. Our accepted version of Reality is only a thin veneer over the endless possibilities than can appear, found or thrust upon us. Fantastical concepts are assumed by many to be just that, for entertainment purposes. Harry Potter-like things are just a joke, right? If there ever was a meaning to the term we find constantly on ATS of "down the rabbit hole," it is within the ethereal world of the paranormal. Once you willing slide, are pulled or fall into that place there is no escaping intact. Rather, some of it goes back with you. It alters you forever, haunts you as an invisible force to be kept at bay for the rest of your days. Nothing will be any more real than what has been sampled of the paranormal. It plays with your sanity.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Being possessed by a demon gets a person closer to faith in Jesus Christ because that person witnesses exactly what it feels like in all 4 hells (Sheol, Tartarus, Hades and the Lake).

Jesus is the only way to eternal happiness. Repented demons know this is a fact.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

How can a 'demon' repent if it is by its very nature the embodiment of a noumenal imbalance? In other words, if it is true that Humankind is the only creature with Free Will, then how can a 'demon' even possess any capacity to repent, being that it lacks the intellectual, ethical, spiritual and physical capacity to even grasp the concepts of Sin and repentance?

Not being a dick - just want to be clear on what you are saying.
edit on 3-4-2016 by kissy princess because: TYPO!

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: kissy princess
How can a 'demon' repent if it is by its very nature the embodiment of a noumenal imbalance? In other words, if it is true that Humankind is the only creature with Free Will, then how can a 'demon' even possess any capacity to repent, being that it lacks the intellectual, ethical, spiritual and physical capacity to even grasp the concepts of Sin and repentance?

Not being a dick - just want to be clear on what you are saying.

You do know that you have just called every fallen angel (demon) as nonintellectual. Seraphs and Cherubs, who were once by Yahweh's side, rebelled. Would Mr genius God really employ clueless angels by His side ?

Anyway, the demon (fallen angel in spirit form) occupies the human body and 'suggests' to the human mind that it is beneficial to humans to carry the cross of Jesus Christ and speak the Gospel to other sinners.

All angels (good and bad) get judged on Judgement Day by Yahushua. Demons know the concept of sin called rebellion. For that sin of stabbing their commanding officer (Yahushua) in the back, they forsook Heaven for eternity.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
you gotta have a stomach for horror to enjoy the paranormal. Because that's what the paranormal is, horror terror and the overwhelming sense of a loss of control over reality. As poltergeists and aliens have a superior grasp on manipulating the universe.

We can curse scream and cry all we want inside of a haunted house or on the operating table aboard a flying saucer. Our oppinions and words won't change something you can't bleed out or chase away.

And this is why the paranormal induces post traumatic stress disorder. And it dosn't help much if what you are seeing is a hallucination from dreams or if what you experience is beyond others comprehension to understand as possible in reality.

Soldiers of war have it easy, at least people feel bad for them and try to relate to the terror they feel when bombs are falling and comrads are dying. People who sympathize with those they think are making it up or thinking you are looking to much into nightmares are not very numerious and very few. Which makes it even more traumatic for those who experience genuine horror much more fitting of an H.P lovecraft novel.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
yea i think you can get PTDS from paranormal experiences. I saw shadow beings in my room and it too years for me to finally be able to sleep( with the tv on and 10g of melatonin)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Thanks for the reply, Rapha! You know, I've never thought of it like that; the myths relates that Angelic beings did in fact make a conscious choice - an act that is impossible if a being lacks free-will - and yet I've been led to believe Man was the only creature given such a Gift, but that now obviously makes no sense, and is contradicted by the Rebellion.

My understanding was that true demons (as we generally think of them) are any of the following:
1) Conscious forces of various imbalances & discord, but not necessarily the Angels of Rebellion
2) Old Pagan Gods, Goddesses & other conscious beings of the inbetween-realms that were 'demonized' by Hebraic conquests.
3) Angels of the Rebellion, or 'Fallen' Angels.

The Diabolicon, to my understanding (and I wouldn't doubt if I am way off the mark, as usual haha) relates that Angelic beings were created without free-will, but by the Virtue of Satan many had come to acquire this capacity; rather, they had evolved from a state of blind obedience to Jehova, to a state of mobility foreign to their nature.
I wish you all the best and thank you for the conversation - the ol' gray-matter upstairs needs a good massage & cell-replenishment after the tequila and beer last night (yuck!)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr
Well put, AnuTyr - I often don't even want to think about these things because the memories trigger some very uncomfortable & downright terrifying stuff that I haven't yet resolved. When I consider your remarks about veterans of war, it hits home because certain members of my family & friends have come back from the field very different, and wounded in ways we can't even fathom.
I can only surround the broken Veterans in my mind with a healing light, and it breaks my heart to think of these brave men and women to have undergone such trauma that they have been left with horrific mental scars.
xo

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Its wonderful to see another of the Gotei 13 here!

LoL seriously though excellent post. The supernatural has been glamorized by movies and TV. It makes some of these seem not as serious as they are. Or it makes it seem like a challenge to manhood, for lack of a better term, to face. Ouija is just a game look its marketed by Hasbro. Yeah, it makes it seem like fun and games.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: kissy princess
"yet I've been led to believe Man was the only creature given such a Gift"

The choice mankind has is to either carry the cross of Jesus Christ or follow the Mammon (money). Man can serve only one master, never both. The same applies to all angels.

Technically, angels are either angels or fallen angels. They serve either Yahushua or themselves like Zeus, Thor, Odin, Ra etc. Daemons are the spirits of the Rephaim who are the bastard children of the fallen watchers and human mothers. The human mothers progress on to become immortal Sirens and Banshees.

i am now sure that everything in the universe is one huge mess and mankind has only their own heart to trust. Every angelic being seems to have an agenda these days.

In fact, delving into the Apple of Knowledge event just opens up a massive can of worms that not many people want to hear.

Take for example: if Yahweh knows the future as He is both Alpha and Omega, then why did He let Lucifer stab Him in the back by allowing mankind to rebel against His Word; unless either He ordered Lucifer to do it, or Yahweh is totally different to the God Presence that resides beyond this Universe ?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
For sure, some people could end up with PTSD. I've had some pretty messed up experiences recently, and while I'm not the type who becomes afraid, the mistakes and misunderstandings have led to a somewhat nightmare that I can't talk to anyone about. I was always open minded, but I guess I leaned closer to not believing in paranormal stuff. I didn't expect to make full contact, and then f# it up.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Yahweh is an alien commander, so he's very much a living entity in this universe with a slight superiority complex. But that's just what our species is made for. Many things in the bible are over exadurated well other things are spot on.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Since you say that, do you think the entities exist for your personal gratification or something? I think the noble thing to do is to leave them alone. Then, I mean, what happens will happen--but don't go knocking on doors if you don't expect them to open. And you might not be better off for what you find. Just saying

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Never
Again
*CID by rows
Undertaker

edit on 3-4-2016 by Cauliflower because: last clue

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Ohoho I do. I was the only one who laughed in my class when I was younger when we were shown video footage of someone getting electric-chaired. I thought the face he made was funny :X

Yes! I agree.

edit on 4-4-2016 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
To the thread as a whole, check out this CD. It has to do with what we're discussing, I think.

top topics

join