It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Spends $50,000 to build his own Scarlett Johansson Robot

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Eventually, the Scarlett Johansson robot will build a Scarlett Johansson robot Agent and you won't be able to "access her programming" unless you're an A-lister.

Ahhh, progress.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I wish I could find the full psa from futurama that explains why this is a bad idea.
It's from the episode "I dated a robot" I think.

"how about Cleopatra?"..."nah I'd like something from the shaven armpit era."

"do you have anything like Lucy Liu?"..."No, but we do have Lucy Liu"

I actually don't care if they make robot dolls. Sure it's creepy, but it's the type of creepiness that doesn't involve me. Creeps that don't try to involve me, they're ok.

found it, psa
edit on 3-4-2016 by Seiko because: found a copy of the psa

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I think we're a combination of the two.
Sometimes we fight just so we can make up.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Can it cook, clean, Iron my shirts
Can it water the lawn and feed the dog

Should have just drawn a picture own the wall and drilled a hole
Pretty useless

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Pretty useless

Far from useless. This is how technology starts and evolves. He's not going to have an A grade robot at this early stage of development.

This is a necessary step and you can start to extrapolate out 25-35 years and realize where these things may be headed. Remember, computers used to take up entire rooms and cell phones were the size of a big block of cheese. Look at how they evolved over time.

You have to have the first steps and trial and error as technology evolves.

Eventually, I think people will go to what I call Personality sites instead of Dating sites. They will chat with Robot personalities and when they find one they like, they will just 3-D print him or her and connect them to the Robot cloud. When you start to combine this:

With AI and deep learning in the cloud, eventually you will not be able to tell whose a robot. There might need to be a First Law that states Robots must identify themselves as robots.
edit on 3-4-2016 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
OK, that's just creepy.

I wonder if Ms. Johansson is flattered? Not sure I would be...

...not that anyone, anywhere, is going to model a robot on me.

That's the only word I can come up with...creepy. No wonder he's unlucky in "love".

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Kandinsky

I think we're a combination of the two.
Sometimes we fight just so we can make up.

That works for me

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
OK, that's just creepy.

I wonder if Ms. Johansson is flattered? Not sure I would be...

...not that anyone, anywhere, is going to model a robot on me.

That's the only word I can come up with...creepy. No wonder he's unlucky in "love".

Good points but I'm not sure there's much she can do. There will be a lot of Marilyn Monroe, Scarlett Johansson and Kate Upton robots out there in the future.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Hope the price comes down so these can be distributed widely in prisons, and certain geographic locations around the globe. Let the pervs have it.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
Good points but I'm not sure there's much she can do.

I would think if someone tried selling them in the likenesses of celebrities they would be able to prevent this since they own their images.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Good points but I'm not sure there's much she can do.

I would think if someone tried selling them in the likenesses of celebrities they would be able to prevent this since they own their images.

I think that's true but it will be hard to enforce. Just look at people downloading movies. So there will be people trying to protect their image in Court but there will be a black market for these things that will be hard to regulate.

It will really get tricky when people create robots that are so lifelike, you can use the robots to impersonate celebrities. Maybe get free drinks in the V.I.P. section when you go to the club with a P.Diddy robot lol.

It will also get interesting when people start to immerse themselves in virtual environments that feel just as real as the world we live in. Wee see the seeds of this with Occulus rift and other VR technologies but in 25-35 years these things will be way more advanced.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I think that's true but it will be hard to enforce.

Why? They have to be built somewhere and sold somewhere else. It would be quite easy to block it at either one of those locations.

Just look at people downloading movies.

That is not the same. The celebrities in those films have typically been compensated already for their work. The only ones it affects are those with backend deals.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Not really because people will have access to the files that need to be downloaded. It will just be too much data to enforce these things. There will be bigger problems out there so there will not be a lot of resources trying to stop people from having a Kate Upton robot.

Crime generates billions of dollars and these areas will just be another area where this will thrive. With big data growing at a very fast rate, this will just be a miniscule problem at the end of the day.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Not really because people will have access to the files that need to be downloaded. It will just be too much data to enforce these things. There will be bigger problems out there so there will not be a lot of resources trying to stop people from having a Kate Upton robot.

While I agree you can obtain many things on the black market this is not what I was referring to. You will not be able to get the likeness of any celebrity at a reputable establishment without their authorization.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
gee, an Asian young male builds a Caucasian female actress robot....I'm shocked, I tell you, shocked!!!....this is like drinking sprite rather than 7-up, a sweet tart taste, but not real thing.
edit on 3-4-2016 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2016 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

He could have had one of these for under $10k and they probably have the functionality he was looking to have in a robot/doll. If I spent 50k on a sex robot my wife would divorce me. I am assuming this guy hasn't actually been with a real woman.

Real Doll Site (PG13 Site)

Maybe he could combine the real doll and his robot to come up with a more human looking machine. Either that or REALDOLL might buy his robot's head for a lot of money.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Pretty useless

Far from useless. This is how technology starts and evolves. He's not going to have an A grade robot at this early stage of development.

This is a necessary step and you can start to extrapolate out 25-35 years and realize where these things may be headed. Remember, computers used to take up entire rooms and cell phones were the size of a big block of cheese. Look at how they evolved over time.

You have to have the first steps and trial and error as technology evolves.

Eventually, I think people will go to what I call Personality sites instead of Dating sites. They will chat with Robot personalities and when they find one they like, they will just 3-D print him or her and connect them to the Robot cloud. When you start to combine this:

With AI and deep learning in the cloud, eventually you will not be able to tell whose a robot. There might need to be a First Law that states Robots must identify themselves as robots.

So a necessary step is to build a big barbi doll with a couple of holes in it

I am not a true believer then

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Can I get me a Hillary Clinton one of those, PLEASE

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I Knew I had seen this inventor before:

edit on 26430America/ChicagoFri, 08 Apr 2016 12:26:21 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Now with super Kung-Fu grip!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join