It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EgyptAir ‘selfie’ Briton took inappropriate photo with hijacker due to ‘pure narcissism’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

A grinning British hostage who posed for a photograph with the EgyptAir hijacker has been described as the latest victim of “narcissistic” social media culture.

MSN

Sorry but WTF?

Why is this guy being criticised?
He is a VICTIM. The poor guy was in a hijacked plane!
How he deals with stress like that is his business!
Sure everyone would expect him to piss his pants and cry but if he wants to laugh at it? More power to him!

He is displaying the Blitz spirit. It laughing in the face of death and making a joke out of a horrific event that got Britain through WW2!

Plus making a joke out of a terrorist sucks power from the terrorists. A terrorist goal is to cause FEAR. Doing the opposite suck purpose out there action.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Does 'one' action inappropriate or otherwise lead to being diagnosed with a disorder? Perhaps tacky or strange (to some) but, diagnosis of narcissism?
NPD Psyche Central

Narcissistic Personality Disorder is a disorder that is characterized by a long-standing pattern of grandiosity (either in fantasy or actual behavior), an overwhelming need for admiration, and usually a complete lack of empathy toward others. People with this disorder often believe they are of primary importance in everybody’s life or to anyone they meet. While this pattern of behavior may be appropriate for a king in 16th Century England, it is generally considered inappropriate for most ordinary people today.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

This terrorist (on the left with the glasses and bad hair) is the spitting-image of a bloke I know down at the pub....well I'll be damned!!

The Kardashian culture is breeding YouTube junkies - bigger, better, fast, more.

Our smartphones are bad juju

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

what a legend- that Britts for you. always look at the funny side and realistic with situations -

while Americans quake and fear every Muslim they see because of the media (not all americans obviously). We see through it and laugh in the face of danger. whats the point in worrying until it happens - and still this guy aint worried

love to buy him a pint

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel

what a legend- that Britts for you. always look at the funny side and realistic with situations -

while Americans quake and fear every Muslim they see because of the media (not all americans obviously). We see through it and laugh in the face of danger. whats the point in worrying until it happens - and still this guy aint worried

love to buy him a pint

Yup!

Im proud to call this guy British

edit on 30-3-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
If it was an American, he probably would have beaten the guy to death with the phone after he took the selfie.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
That guy will be a legend down at the local pup, lol.

Look at the upside - he captured a photo of a known terrorist, that's ballsy.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

But given the current situation with such People, I find it hilarious that hes some kind of Health and Safety Inspector.

10 out of 10 for front but expect a kicking from the Boss whenhe gets back to work.

link   
Double post when mobile. My bad.
edit on 30-3-2016 by Cymru because: (no reason given)

link   
I know that guy.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
I know that guy.

Which one?

edit on 30-3-2016 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Why didn't he crush that little twerp, strip him of his bombs, and put his head in the toilet and give him a swirly for good measure, that dude "the terrorist" looks like a scared little bitch.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Why didn't he crush that little twerp, strip him of his bombs, and put his head in the toilet and give him a swirly for good measure, that dude "the terrorist" looks like a scared little bitch.

Come on not everyone is Ramb

I don't think we are talking about a trained soldier here.

Just a terrified man that dealt with his fear by turning it into a joke.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I think its freakin' hilarious

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

HAHAHA priceless, catching a selfie with the hijacker! I have to remember that if I ever get hijacked, they always expect you to panic or attack them. But who say hey bro! Selfie?? That has to catch em off guard right?

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

A grinning British hostage who posed for a photograph with the EgyptAir hijacker has been described as the latest victim of “narcissistic” social media culture.

MSN

Sorry but WTF?

Why is this guy being criticised?
He is a VICTIM. The poor guy was in a hijacked plane!
How he deals with stress like that is his business!
Sure everyone would expect him to piss his pants and cry but if he wants to laugh at it? More power to him!

He is displaying the Blitz spirit. It laughing in the face of death and making a joke out of a horrific event that got Britain through WW2!

Plus making a joke out of a terrorist sucks power from the terrorists. A terrorist goal is to cause FEAR. Doing the opposite suck purpose out there action.

Someone give this man a Nobel Peace Prize....take it from Obama and give it to him.
Freak'n awsome.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Yeah, I see no problem with it, and ATS is literally the closest thing to "Social Media" I partake in at all. It's actually really bizarre that the guy let him do it, and based on their relative sizes, it looks like the selfie guy could have literally chewed the hijacker in half in one bite, so finding a way to get close to him could have had merit - maybe he was (consciously or subconsciously) trying to "get in his head."

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I think the photo is great. What astounds me is that the hijacker took time out to pose for it.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
As an American I can speak for myself thank you! I fear no man,
Sure I may come out hurt or dead but afraid?!? It just ain't in me. I have twice in my life had a little crooked barrel 25 pulled on me, once during a pea cocking display and we ended up parting together all night, the 2nd was a robbery and I kept my money and talked the guy out of it, he put it away and I assume went to find a victim, Which I am not! I will run toward chants of Allah Akbar not away. American's have proved their metal time and again, why is it people forget this?!

Why throw a sucker punch? I think the guy is a tool, there are some Brave Americans in a field in Pensylvania who were not afraid of some scary Muslims on a plane! America! Rock! Flag Eagle!!!

Sorry to go all patriotic on you but I take offense at being called a coward! Carry on.. Back to wise cracking everybody, nothing to see here! a reply to: lSkrewloosel

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Nope. Where I come from we have a word for people like that. He is a total fud.

Plain and simple. Why does social media celebrate stupidity so much?

I for one hope he gets sacked and skin eons who deserves a job gets it.

There's been nearly 70,000 people let go in the oil industry in the uk...and that fud has kept his job..,unreal.
edit on 30-3-2016 by selfharmonise because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join