It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona; Cochise County polling stations disapeared

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: BarefootInWinter
If the problems reported just in the primaries have been even half true, I can't imagine the real election.

No notice /warning given; if you register as an Independent in Arizona you are second class citizen and CANNOT vote in a Primary.

There is a reason you can't vote in the primary for any party you are not affiliated with. It's pretty much been like that, at least for awhile.

Was there not an independent candidate on the ballot?

Primary's are to pick the candidate of your choice from the party you are registered with.

It prevents opposition from stacking the votes.
edit on 25-3-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee
No Independent on the ballot. The ballot printing seemed a problem as well. Too many candidates that withdrew were still on the Ballot. Is that why no one runs as an Independent until its a General election and Candidates switch parties to monkey wrench vote totals; derail the other parties (Ross Perot). It seems designed (at least in Arizona) to thwart someone such as myself from registering as anything other than a Republican or Democrat. Depending what state one resides; one has to vote along party lines/wishes; or in others a registered Independent can cross those lines in a Primary. Perhaps a Federal law should be imposed upon all states that the rules of registration and voting privilege are the same for all (uniform). Why did the Republican candidates have to sign a pledge to not run as an Independent? What is the fear here (too many tallied registered Independents)? Thanks for the reply Annee.
edit on 25-3-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

I am registered unaffiliated in AZ.

Here's what I found.

"I am an independent voter, why can I not select the independent party’s ballot?

There is no “Independent Party” in the state of Arizona. An independent voter does not belong to ANY party, but is still able to vote a ballot for ONE of the recognized parties in the Primary Election."

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I am registered unaffiliated in AZ. Here's what I found.
"I am an independent voter, why can I not select the independent party’s ballot?
There is no “Independent Party” in the state of Arizona. An independent voter does not belong to ANY party, but is still able to vote a ballot for ONE of the recognized parties in the Primary Election."

I was not allowed to vote. Neither were any registered Dems or Repubs apparently; as there were NO polling stations within my district open (countless votes lost). No Independent Party recognized in the State of AZ but can still vote any party. All of us were denied the legal right to vote in this part of Cochise County for the Primary. Who decides this! as seems sketchy/dodgy/illegal/sneaky.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

AZ recognizes Rep, Dem, Green, and Libertarian.

As an unaffiliated you can register to vote in one of those parties for the primary. No one is excluded from voting in the primary.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I was not allowed to vote. Neither were any registered Dems or Repubs; as there were no polling stations within my district open (countless votes lost). No Independent Party recognized in the State of AZ. What does that mean? Good work!

Did you go online and look for official voting locations?

It's Gov. I'm not going to believe there are no listings.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

AZ recognizes Rep, Dem, Green, and Libertarian. As an unaffiliated you can register to vote in one of those parties for the primary. No one is excluded from voting in the primary.

Yes; but there has to be a polling station OPEN in order to cast ones vote.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

AZ recognizes Rep, Dem, Green, and Libertarian. As an unaffiliated you can register to vote in one of those parties for the primary. No one is excluded from voting in the primary.

Yes; but there has to be a polling station OPEN in order to cast ones vote.

Did you go to this site?

voter.azsos.gov...

Only absolute 100% facts will back up
a complaint.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I was not allowed to vote. Neither were any registered Dems or Repubs; as there were no polling stations within my district open (countless votes lost). No Independent Party recognized in the State of AZ. What does that mean? Good work!

Did you go online and look for official voting locations?
It's Gov. I'm not going to believe there are no listings.

Several pages up a resourseful person posted them (state and local polling places not Federal apparently). Drove by all of them in my Vision Quest for redemption (civic duty) and none were open. I could not believe it.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Annee: AZ recognizes Rep, Dem, Green, and Libertarian. As an unaffiliated you can register to vote in one of those parties for the primary. No one is excluded from voting in the primary.

vhb: Yes; but there has to be a polling station OPEN in order to cast ones vote.

Annee: Did you go to this site? voter.azsos.gov...
Only absolute 100% facts will back upa complaint.

If there was a polling station open in the surrounding areas of Pomerine, Benson (should have had at least 4), Cascabel, J Six, Mescal; they were very well hidden. No signage (arrow directions) on main roads no information in the local Benson newspaper "The San Pedro Valley News" as to where to RUN GO VOTE!! (it counts). 100% facts. I should have had a camera on me during my trek to vote; file a complaint? all I have to is interview the independent owners of businesses in Benson (Feed stores/Barbershops). They are screaming foul.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

FACTS.

From the site I gave you.

Were any listed not open?

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

FACTS.From the site I gave you. Were any listed not open?

Only one listed AS open; the Benson High School and it was NOT open for polling when I drove by. I imagined (wild dreaming) there might have been a lunch time conflict (always give the benefit of doubt).

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

You're gonna need to provide facts and links.

Only thing I've found is Maricopa CTY cut polling places because of budget.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Only one listed as open; the Benson High School and it was not open for polling when I drove by. I imagined (wild dreaming) it might have been a lunch time conflict.

So, you drove by, but didn't go in.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

You're gonna need to provide facts and links. Only thing I've found is Maricopa CTY cut polling places because of budget.

That is bull crap; all of these polling stations exist or have existed in the same private homes, Libraries, Community centers, Women's Clubs, VFW halls, Fraternal Order Lodges. Schools for years. These are not paid for; the spaces are voluntarily given by neutral parties. Are they speaking of not enough bodies to man/oversee them (you would have thought they would have planned for a major Federal election that happens every four years).
edit on 26-3-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Only one listed as open; the Benson High School and it was not open for polling when I drove by. I imagined (wild dreaming) it might have been a lunch time conflict.

So, you drove by, but didn't go in.

I had just visited many doors locked; no signs "Vote Here" the School parking lot was empty. I went to the SuperWalmart four or so blocks away to ask "Where Can I Vote" of staff and customers alike answer; "NO IDEA" was the answer.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I live in Maricopa County. We were very frustrated to discover in our last local election, that the location we have voted at for years, in our neighborhood, st the elementary school library, was closed. We had gone there after work, as per normal, but suddenly there were no sgns and everything was closed up. So, we googled where to vote, which sent us to the City of Goodyear city hall.

We drove there, and stood in line for about three hours. Apparently, our city had decided to allow only mail-in ballots, henceforth. Most people did not know this, and just like we did, wound up at the city hall, standing in line to cast a provisional ballot. The line once inside the building went to an inner room where a couple of overwhelmed and exhausted election workers were doing their best to move voters through the process.

Now, the entire county is in a similar situation, and decided to allow voting at only 60 sites throughout our entire county! We stood in line for hours to vote in this presidential preference election. Why?

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
originally posted by: gwynnhwyfar

gwynnhwyfar: I live in Maricopa County. We were very frustrated to discover in our last local election, that the location we have voted at for years, in our neighborhood, st the elementary school library, was closed. We had gone there after work, as per normal, but suddenly there were no signs and everything was closed up. So, we googled where to vote, which sent us to the City of Goodyear city hall.

Maricopa County is the most populous county in Arizona. You found your normal polling places were closed and no signs directing you "VOTE HERE" instead this direction?

gwynnhwyfar: We drove there, and stood in line for about three hours. Apparently, our city had decided to allow only mail-in ballots, henceforth. Most people did not know this, and just like we did, wound up at the city hall, standing in line to cast a provisional ballot. The line once inside the building went to an inner room where a couple of overwhelmed and exhausted election workers were doing their best to move voters through the process.

How can your city decide it will take only mail-in ballots. Old ballots with Carly or Ben, Jeb or Rand on them; manipulating the voting pool votes because if voted for are throwaways.

gwynnhwyfar: Now, the entire county is in a similar situation, and decided to allow voting at only 60 sites throughout our entire county! We stood in line for hours to vote in this presidential preference election. Why?

Maricopa is very populous and you would think the normal number of polling stations would be 600 not just a fraction of! Unlike my community where at least 14 would normally be open there were NO polling stations open for the 6 townships in this district, as I said earlier not sure I can travel to Tucson and vote in a different district registered for. I feel your pain; to have to stand in different lines amid total confusion for hours to vote is ridiculous. I am happy you are ALIVE!

edit on 26-3-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Did you go to the government site and find the locations and times they said were available?

voter.azsos.gov...

Yes or No.

I want to know if one of the polling places listed on the government site - - was not open.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: gwynnhwyfar
I live in Maricopa County. We were very frustrated to discover in our last local election, that the location we have voted at for years, in our neighborhood, st the elementary school library, was closed.

Yes, absolutely Maricopa County is stating because of budget cuts, they reduced the voting locations.

But, article also states it was only Maricopa County.

(I was on phone at the time. Couldn't figure out how to post link).

NOTE: I'm curious. Don't they list on your sample ballot where to vote?
edit on 26-3-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join