It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona; Cochise County polling stations disapeared

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Fox News is trying to figure this out. My District (Benson AZ) a larger small town of permanent 5000 to 10,000 (RV) residents was to have 4 polling stations open for this primary. This district includes the smaller townships of Pommerine, Mescal, Cascabel, St.David, J Six and Dragoon. None were open. "The Eagles" Fraternal order facility was to be one of the polling places. CLOSED. I went to Walmart; and asked this of the random shoppers and employees: "Hey; have you voted and where did you go to accomplish this?" NO ONE KNEW. I thought I was experiencing a Walking Dead episode. I thought about going to the County building (sheriff dept) but was growing suspicious; did not want to be profiled for asking a simple question; where can I vote because "I have to serve jury duty; and I am a registered voter" and though have to by law serve Jury duty am disallowed to vote in this primary? because THERE ARE NO POLLING STATIONS OPEN HERE? I would have had to plan to vote in Tucson 80 miles away as a sure bet; do not know if Tombstone, Bisbee, Sierra Vista or Douglas had polling stations open. Something stinks.
edit on 23-3-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

You're right, something does.

Ever heard of the Tennessee events of 1946?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   

That's pretty strange. I've been to Benson with my Dad, it is considerably larger than our little Texas town. Everything here was easy peasy.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: wisvol

You're right, something does.
Ever heard of the Tennessee events of 1946?

I will look this up wisvol; thanks! I am reminded of Al Gore and Bush in Florida; wherein the polling places were changed the last minute before the polls opened and no one knew where to go to cast their ballots. What is the point of not having anywhere at all to vote *you cant vote*. This is a sneaky shady county; (our Sheriff Larry Dever) was murdered but it was called "a one singular man alone that was drunk in a vehicle (determined to not be wearing a seatbelt) drove himself into a tree causing his own death".

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Yeah a few were moved around.

Here's a link to your districts vote centers

edit on 2320160320161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh

That's pretty strange. I've been to Benson with my Dad, it is considerably larger than our little Texas town. Everything here was easy peasy.

You would think; Benson has a large enough population to support a SuperWalmart and a Safeway supermarket/Starbucks; but no polling places.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Yeah a few were moved around.

Here's a link to your districts vote centers

That is good information Domo1 except the polling place in Benson supposed to be at the High School was not OPEN either. I hope Tombstone, Bisbee, Sierra Vista polling places were. There is a difference here between local and state held elections vs federal elections; your map did not include the "Eagle" (Flintstonian) Order of the Buffalos (serious) it becomes very political and you as a tax payer have no say (hidden agendas). Let me tell you; in a smaller town your best information comes from the Barbershop or the Feed Store. Neither proprietors knew what to think about the usual spaces used as polling places were closed or someone forgot TODAY was a PRIMARY and that means to register nominated votes for the new POTUS by taxpayers.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Huh. You would think they would have signage directing you to the nearest place or something. I've seen reports from a lot of people claiming election shenanigans in AZ.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Huh. You would think they would have signage directing you to the nearest place or something. I've seen reports from a lot of people claiming election shenanigans in AZ.

No signs at all no "VOTE HERE THIS WAY" arrows directing on the main streets. Honestly I thought I skipped to another dimension today for a few hours (I had a witness so did not); chasing a dream all over town.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
If the problems reported just in the primaries have been even half true, I can't imagine the real election.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: BarefootInWinter
If the problems reported just in the primaries have been even half true, I can't imagine the real election.

I will drive to Phoenix if I have to vote in the General Election. This was B/S on a level of pranksterism (funny joke haha) even I cannot find any particle of humor in to validate justification. Those beings that opted to not open the polling places; can take my seat on any jury I am called upon by law as a "registered voter" take themselves. I have the right to vote and I was denied reasonable access to this process.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I can assure you there were polling stations open in Sierra Vista. I used to live there, my sister still does. She told me she had voted, let me ask her what was up.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Lot's of Talk about AZ!

Was their fraud and voter suppression involved in Tuesday’s Arizona primary election? According to thousands of voters who waited for hours in line to vote in Maricopa County, the answer to that question is a resounding “yes.” Local media affiliate 12 News reports that during highly contested Arizona primary election, voters endured a huge decrease in polling locations in the county.

source

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Excallibacca
I can assure you there were polling stations open in Sierra Vista. I used to live there, my sister still does. She told me she had voted, let me ask her what was up.

Is she a democrat? Maybe there were no republican voting stations?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Excallibacca

Is she a democrat? Maybe there were no republican voting stations?

I have learned within the Phoenix area (Maricopa County) closed the normal number of polling stations to a fraction of what they usually are (long lines seen on Fox). Also; any voter registered as an 'Independent' was not allowed to vote in this Primary meaning no swing votes allowed. No wonder Hillary won by a landslide. Sanders voters could have been Independents. Something is wrong with this. Sierra Vista has a serious population compared to Benson and surrounding townships; problem is no one notified us living in the hinterlands where to vote. Everyone assumed Benson as the largest township (4 notable addresses wherein to vote) and none open.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
originally posted by: AlaskanDad

AlaskanDad: Lot's of Talk about AZ!
Was their fraud and voter suppression involved in Tuesday’s Arizona primary election? According to thousands of voters who waited for hours in line to vote in Maricopa County, the answer to that question is a resounding “yes.” Local media affiliate 12 News reports that during highly contested Arizona primary election, voters endured a huge decrease in polling locations in the county.
source

So; graft/corruption not only in Cochise County; but Maricopa as well. Go figure.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

What is at work here; infuriate the public by thwarting the process of voting? You know they will double down in effort to get to a polling booth. No notice /warning given; if you register as an Independent in Arizona you are second class citizen and CANNOT vote in a Primary.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I hope not, but after seeing what you described days ago is going MSM, this will likely be a model for the rest of the primaries.

You nailed it first, and your thread only got a few flags and little attention. Watch a line of threads pop up about this tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
I hope not, but after seeing what you described days ago is going MSM, this will likely be a model for the rest of the primaries. You nailed it first, and your thread only got a few flags and little attention. Watch a line of threads pop up about this tomorrow.

Thank you Bobagaoosh. There is this one other small tiny thing. I am registered to a specific district and not sure I can actually vote in the Tucson, Phoenix or Sierra Vista precincts. Doubly infuriating; it never occurred to me, WARNING: that "IF YOU REGISTER" as an "Independent" you cannot participate (vote) in the Primary election.
edit on 25-3-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Well; hopefully they will remove Ben Carson, Rand Paul and the rest of the cattle herd that dropped out from the General Election ballot (they were on the Primary ballot). How many early ballot votes were thrown away to candidates no longer running?
edit on 25-3-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join