It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brussels Airport Explosions

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

I don't think even I would find a sponsor and I'm not even an immigrant.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
So we all know what happens next.
Surveillance of ALL people will be raised, harsher laws for all citizens in europe, more power to the secret services, the police and the military, another big piece of peoples freedom will be taken away, to "prevent us from such terror acts".
Same BS every time, and when BigBrothers has new wishes, some terror acts happen again.
Done by terrorists that were all well known by the "security services", were under surveillance, that were searched for... but then can hide almost at home, like in Abdeslams case.

First of all, who, in reality, as europes most wanted terrorist, would hide where he grew up, in a hood that is raided the whole time since the Paris attacks, that is completely under surveillance(and is not found for months)??? In the cellar of a friends mother, whichs house was under surveillance too. How could he enter the house, with that allegedly found amount of heavy weapons? How did the "platoon" enter the house, that he allegedly ordered pizza for. Or did he try to kill himself by eating that pizza all alone? So the house where he got caught was under surveillance of the authorities? They say so, the authorities. Then one official instantly gave an statement that Abdeslam was preparing new terror attacks, while any belgium minister said that there was no evidence for the preparing of new attacks found, these authorities maybe should make better agreements and read the script detailed, more than one time, before talking to the people via mass media...

I am not one of these people that scream: Fake, crisis actors.... Sure people died, got hurt, but i have more and more the feeling that all those terror attacks are guided by "BigBrother", a growing surveillance- and policestate. At least i am afraid that the authoirites, the "guardians", let all that happen. Because if terror attacks wouldn´t happen from time to time, how would BigBrother get the acceptance from the people, that feel save when BigBrother watches ALL of us, to prevent us from terror attacks, which will happen again and again, the more such a policestate, a 1984 state is rising, the more freedom people will lose, to "be save from all those terror attacks".

Let´s take the "IS" as we are told it is, as a bunch of religious idiots that grew from all alone, without any western involvement and help. We are told the "IS" wants to destroy the western lifestyle, the western freedom, they wanna scare us to death. Isn´t then the growing surveillance- and policestate(and it´s mass media, for sure) the best friend of the "IS"??? Stealing our freedom to save us from the "IS"???

Because, if you ask me, i am not afraid to be victim of a terror attack, still not. But i am afraid of what many western states turn into, they turn into 1984ish "security" dictatorships, nothing else. I am sorry to say that, but the US is the leader in the western world with that behaviour, and many stupid european politics puppets follow, as known, as the vasalls they are.

So, who profits then from those terror attacks? It´s BigBrother, it´s the falcons, the neocons, the rich and powerfull, the rightwingers that profit at the end of the day from such attacks. And their tool, called "IS", called terror, profits, because the western "guardians" act like the "IS" wants it, stealing our freedom and destroying our western lifestyle with that.

Ask yourself, how can it be that the only ones who can escape the mass surveillance are the terrorists and criminals? Everybody knows their faces(the Abdeslam case), secret services are on high alert, everything is under surveillance, but they can travel around with faked papers, can hide almost at home on the sofa, for months. Sounds more like secret service agents than terrorists.

Sure do selfthinking people know that real terrorists avoid the web and spyPhones, videosurveillance never helped stopping crimes or terror attacks, and all that. But then ask yourself(i am listening to the TV right now, and they talk almost only about that), why are there the the same reactions everytime of the authorities, after another terror attack. They say live now, that the secret services have to cooperate more, that they need more power, the same old stuff. BigBrother is growing, but terror attacks will happen again.

So we could say, another 10-15 "IS" terror attacks from now in the western world, and we live in that "security" dictatorship, and brainwashed people will be thankful for that. Because they think they are protected by the "good guardians" from terror attacks, not seeing that they still happen, even if we gave away all our freedoms. Will still happen, everytime when BigBrother, 1984 needs a reason to tighten the strings, to grow. Done by people that have been in contact to the "security" services, were well known by them, observed or searched for...

Another thing is, i bet, at the end of the day, there are more dead and injured people caused by traffic accidents/cars than that got hurt or killed by that terror attack. And that happens everyday. Why don´t we kill car owners with drones, bomb their cars to save us from this risk? Why are there no non stop live reports with "experts" from the terror in the traffic, why are not the whole time reporters standing at highways and sending live reports via phone, like they do now from the spots in belgium?

Because we should be scared and beg for "security" from those terror attacks(but buy cars, consume) at the push of a button, when it´s needed, because only BigBrother "can save us" from terror attacks, as he says. The only one, who profits from the attacks, as we will see live now again.

And i am sure, the one who profits most is the one who pulls the strings!

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
There are now reports of a nuclear powerplant being evacuated in Belgium following the attacks in Brussel.

No real source or details, just headlines.
edit on 22-3-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Quick...Somebody please assure Belgium that ISIS is just a J.V. Team.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: BarefootInWinter

Was it a bomb? Not much info on Twitter. Just VUB saying it was controlled by bomb squad. Not sure if it was a bomb or suspicious item blown up as a precaution.

Though this thread is so far off tangent I don't expect a response lol.

They are taking extreme measures and blowing up all suspicious items in the Brussels area. They said we will be hearing a lot of explosions during the day and people close by will be notified.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

Signed, except for point 4.
Just send the criminal away, not the whole family.

The reason they wanted the whole family to be deported was to give the family incentive to keep family members in check, to not allow family members to radicalize. It was meant as a deterrent.

STM

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass
reports of evacuation of Tihange, a nuclear plant

Unknown what the reason is, maybe just a precaution

twitter.com...

What about the people living around Tihange ?

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

yeah I saw the same. seems like it is just a precaution (for now) at the threat level has been raised to 4 (the highest for Belgium)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Now2016

originally posted by: Teddy916
a reply to: IAMTAT

How does this relate to "political correctness"? If anything this is a result of bad polices thanks to the U.S and NATO over the century.

I remember the 90s Biggest News Events. Bill and Monica, Mandela Freed, Rwanda, Timothy McVeigh, Princess Diana, ect - Hardly a mention about Muslim Extremists.

As someone who was in the British Intelligence Community from 98 onwards, I can confirm that bar having a general overview of ME affairs, and linguists being given the choice of 'Russian' or 'Arabic' we (The Brits) were more concentrating on African affairs, and it was fully expected that our next deployment would have been to an African country.

There is no doubt in my mind that actions post 9/11 have contributed towards the radicalisation of a lot of our young at both home and abroad. That is in no way to condone the actions, but to defeat an enemy I feel you have to understand their motivations. It's like when I worked on RA stuff, I would fall out with colleagues when I said that if I was Irish and the Brits had occupied my home then I'd be fighting them.

Then again, having seen first hand what the stick does to a populous, I much prefer the carrot and negotiation in my old age.

link   
ok update on Tihange

Before everyone freaks out, #Tihange isn't evacuating, but rather sending non-essential personnel home

twitter.com...

link   

originally posted by: Dumbass

I don't think even I would find a sponsor and I'm not even an immigrant.

How sad.

To be honest, I think they actually wanted 3 sponsors, not 1.

STM

link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

A lot IS being done, trust me. But you can't keep an eye on every citizen - that would make us worse than our enemies

Unfortunately, sometimes in war, you have to be worse than your enemy to win. Trying to win compliance is hard to do through peace and love, because we live in a world were peace and love is looked at as weakness, and is too often exploited.

I am not condoning war, nor am I suggesting retaliation. I do however, think that it is ridiculous to believe any of this is going to stop if there are no measures taken to stop the influx of terrorist.

If the asylum seekers are upset by restrictions that need to be put in place, then they should be given the opportunity to return to their places of origin, or move to another country that is willing to take them. If they are honestly seeking to become citizens of any country, then they will understand, and want to protect that country and its citizens.

If their loyalties to their religion or country of origin, is so strong that they feel the terrorist are right in what they doing, and if they support them, then they too, should be removed from the country.

If the terrorist think they are doing the work of their God, and following his commands, nothing anyone does or says is going to change their hearts or minds.

Maybe this is the war of Princes and Principalities that the religious speak of, maybe not, but this not a war that is going to be won by inviting the enemy in for tea.

edit on 22-3-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Mobile is not posting friendly.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

These aren't my gods but it's theirs. Just look at what's written on the pyramids they worshipped these gods with death rituals then and they do it now

Well Jehovah was a pretty tyrannical war monger as well, he even allowed his son to be killed. I suppose that the American Leaders who play and worship Moloch at Bohemian Grove don't count either.

Can you point to which hieroglyphics and in which pyramid we should look at?

BTW Isis are Muslim not Ancient Egyptian ritual followers. Your ignorance is making you look stupid. Islam came a few thousand years later.
You need to do some rudimentary basic googling before typing.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL, IPA /ˈaɪsᵻl/), alternatively translated as Islamic State of Iraq and Syria or Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS, /ˈaɪsᵻs/),[31] is a Salafi jihadist militant group thatfollows an Islamic fundamentalist, Wahhabi doctrine of Sunni Islam.[32] The group is also known as Daesh

Isis is worhipped by pagan religions not Muslims
en.wikipedia.org...

Isis was worshipped as the ideal mother and wife as well as the patroness of nature and magic. She was the friend of slaves, sinners, artisans and the downtrodden, but she also listened to the prayers of the wealthy, maidens, aristocrats and rulers.[2] Isis is often depicted as the mother of Horus, the falcon-headed deity associated with king and kingship (although in some traditions Horus's mother was Hathor). Isis is also known as protector of the dead and goddess of children.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

Thank you.

Media in Denmark was freaking out for a moment

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Quick...Somebody please assure Belgium that ISIS is just a J.V. Team.

In due time. He's got a Devil Rays game at 1:30

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Exitt

They are doing absolutely the right thing too. If anything suspicious is found or seen, I would hope the authorities treat it with complete prejudice. Now is not the time for half measures and dithering.

I hope that you and all of Belgium stay safe, we must all take turns on this crazy terrorist merry-go-round it seems.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Anyone remember the move "Children of Men"?

It's quickly becoming reality, imo.
I've said this for a long time now, that movie is the reality of the [ever nearer] future.

Sad state of affairs.
Waking up to this sh*t sucks.

RIP to all the victims of this insanity....

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
a reply to: khnum
Okay, no worries. I follow you now. All the same, I don't see how you can pluck a verse from the Bible and make any kind of definitive statement that this is what "322" refers to. At the very best, it's a guess. Nothing more. There is not even reason why the verse reference has to come from Genesis.

Travelling down the road of trying to tie dates to specific verses in Holy Scripture is fraught with pitfalls. Considering the possibilities of who perpetrated these attacks (or at least, who organized them), we are supposedly looking at something to do with "ISIS" and/or its followers/supports. In that case, you could also seek references in the Holy Koran, either on the basis of "22/3" or by using the Islamic calendar. This year is 1437 A.H. which began in mid-October of our year 2015. Today is the 12th day of the month of Jamadil Thani. (Here is an Islamic Calendar

See how complicated this line of thinking can get? Whose calendar do we use? Whose scripture? And does using one calendar exclude the other's scripture? We simply don't know. We can't even be sure if the date has any special relevance at all in this case.

To be fair, considering the major attacks in London were on 7/7/2005, it suggests that at least in that case, the planners took our dating system into account -- if they were looking for any symbolism on that basis at all. But the reasoning could be simpler: perhaps they just wanted to be sure that the Brits and Americans would both recall the same day and month.

As I mentioned, over here in Europe we also talk of "9/11". Because that's what Americans call it -- as is their right for the events that occurred on their own soil. I would never try and suggest they should say "11/9" instead. And as today is 22/3 for us in Europe then if we want to attach it as a "name" for this attack, then that numbering convention should be followed by Americans as well. Fair is fair.

Aye but Yale (skull and cross bones) is an American institution. Why would they follow European dating??
Furthermore no month has 32 days in it so how do you propose an American fraternal order use European dating to make 322???

I'm just playing devils advocate.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

To tell you the truth up until something for them has been working. What do you think that is?

The CIA? no magic needed.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I did see that reason and had it in my mind but still, that´s my opinion. There should not be something like sippenhaft (guilt by association). But the whole idea sounds good to me. Bring that up in my country and you are counted far right. Especially the guilt by association thing does not run very good in germany.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join