It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Have You, Personally, Ever Been Persecuted or Oppressed by a Christian?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

You got bullied and that's Christian persecution?

I got bullied and beat up for all kinds of stuff when I was a kid. Kids are horrible to each other.

But no, let's blame Christianity and carry that grudge with us into adulthood.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

That's not oppressive. That's an opinion with which you disagreed. If it were oppression, then your mommy instincts wouldn't have really solved the problem. As it were, you were able to simply remove her from the situation. All that is is you thinking (not wrongfully) that some lady didn't have any business speaking to your child that way. You stepped up to the plate to protect your daughter from a jerk, but that's all that is.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
People in america can lose there job or living space for behing gay, but its ok cause it didint affect me personally.

fail fail fail, sing it with me
Sources? Or are you just saying stuff that sounds good?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I got ripped off by a christian preacher for a lot of money ( church donations) once, but it turned out that he was a homosexual drug addict that got murdered by a homosexual,drug addicted prostitute so I guess karma really is a bitch. That ended my foray into the christian religion,I learned that anybody can label themselves as a christian.I learned that anybody can label themselves as a christian and do whatever they want while still feeling like they actually are a christian.
I learned that religion is manmade BS used to scam people.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I have several examples on run ins with Christians. Now while I have never been persecuted perhaps I have been discriminated against.

Honestly it doesn't bother me. I work in a salon and the rules of 'never talk religion or politics' don't really apply to a salon.

One instance stands out, I suppose its slightly comical now that I think about it. Slight background. I don't techniqually fall under any one religion, I just read and study and if it feels right to me then it becomes a part of me. We have this one client who is very southern baptist. One day we of course got into the topic of religion because she brought to me a Christian magazine of some sort and she gave it to me saying I needed them. I paged through them and respectfully declined. That should have been bit but then she went on tyrant about how I needed got and she started to pray over me. But I already believed in god... Just not her version. It ended in a screaming match to which I got sent home early for that day.

Another example... My uncle is also baptist and because of my tattoos and beliefs and because I'm not quiet about it, I'm not allowed to associate with my cousins.

Lastly. (Though there are many more) when I was 13 I went to a youth group (Mennonite) granted I was only there because my friends went. We were talking about the universe and I kept asking questions. I can remember the teacher. Where we sat, what clothing we all wore, the smells. Basically he told me there was nothing. But I knew this to be incorrect. I promptly told him he was wrong as the universe was infinite and there were many possibilities for other civilizations. He asked if I was talking about aliens and I said I suppose if that's the term you'd like to use. His response was "You're going to hell now leave." I got kicked out and their reasoning was that I asked too many questions.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

People in america can lose there job or living space for behing gay, but its ok cause it didint affect me personally.

Were they fired for being gay, or for violating code of conduct? I've seen people fired for being very heterosexual at work.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Hey man as long as you defend your faith that protects pedophiles, ill be there to remind you guys what your faith is still doing to this day.

Stop insinuating support of pedophilia or get off this thread.
edit on 3/18/16 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: filthyphilanthropist

Just google it, many states in the usa gays have no protection from discrimanation.

Google is your friend.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Hey man as long as you defend your faith that protects pedophiles, ill be there to remind you guys what your faith is still doing to this day.

Stop insinuating pedophilia or get off this thread.

Your ok with kids behing rape by priest cause it dosent affect you, thats the whole thread. You keep on repeating that if you havent been personnaly affected by the christian church you cant complain.

edit on 18-3-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

edit on 18-3-2016 by Bybyots because: Oh boy.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

That isn't what the thread is about. Your posts are off-topic and insulting.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Ok lets say me and my brother got raped when we where kids, lets say this priest was switched to a different parish a bunch of times after and kept on raping boys.

Lets say the last time the pope visited my home town, that priest was on the side of the pope, helping with mass.

Now this priest has never seen a jail cell once in is life.

Is that good enough for you.

edit on 18-3-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Just google it, many states in the usa gays have no protection from discrimanation.

Google is your friend.
OK, here is Google being my friend. www.entrepreneur.com...
Great advice

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Ok lets say me and my brother got raped when we where kids, lets say this priest was switched to a different parish a bunch of times after and kept on raping boys.

Lets say the last time the pope visited my home town, that priest was on the side of the pope, helping with mass.

Now this priest has never seen a jail cell once in is life.

Is that good enough for you.
Well, you finally understand the point of the thread. Ok, you and your brother were raped by a Catholic priest. You shared a personal experience more or less in-line with the OP. See how easy that was?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther
You're playing a game and trolling. Typical Christian tactics.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

But no, let's blame Christianity and carry that grudge with us into adulthood.

I don't really understand the point of this thread. When people bring up their examples of perceived persecution by Christians in their life, they get belittled. Is that it?

"I have a problem with the pedophile priest situation"
"PFFFT. No one tried to burn you at the stake, did they?

"I was personally shunned for not having the same faith as the other people I lived near."
"PFFFFT. Were you the victim of an actual Pogrom?"

Very inviting, Christian sort of thread.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

You asked, and I told you. If you can't accept that I was bullied and persecuted by Christians (I wasn't bullied by atheists for my Jewishness and not being 'saved'), then the confirmation bias and ignorance on your part is obvious.

Did you start this thread to have an honest dialogue, or simply to state that there is no such thing as persecution by Christians?

Doesn't your holy book state 'that there are none so blind as those who will not see'?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

a reply to: namelesss

But when has it happened to YOU?

Did you read the OP?

Oh i get it, its not ok to hate the catholic church cause we didint get affected in person.

More fail
Talk about fails... This thread is premised on personal experience. "This is not the place or the time for you to tell him [about your disdain for certain catholic priests]." That can be better addressed in a thread about that subject. You're talking about tomatoes in a thread about oranges.

Rape affects me, not sure what the problem is really.

If rape of someone does not affect you or so called christians, well theres your first fail.
Yes, rape affects me. I hate that there are rapists. Yes, the catholic priests who rape little boys should be persecuted to the fullest extent possible, and yes it irks me that there are some cover-ups. It's sad that such evil worms its way into any and all institutions of every religion, culture, and ideology. Now that we've established that rape is a total d*** move that we should all despise maybe you can save the issue for the appropriate thread... Unless you yourself were raped by a catholic priest. Then by all means discuss it. Otherwise, quit being so juvenile.

Oh and if i ever got raped ats would be the last place i would post it.

Keep on dodging the real issues, and play the victim, dosent change reality.
I'm not even catholic, genius. If you want to address the "real" issues, then create a brand new thread about it. Then we'll discuss the "real" issues. I think you'll find that we have similar sentiments on the subject... But not in this thread.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes

Having problems with the religion, its theology and culture, is not the same as being oppressed by it. It's ok to not like Catholicism because of the actions of their sexually oppressed priesthood. I get that part. And if you're the victim there's no question of the validity of your objections or opposition.

But how has any of that oppressed YOU?

I suppose the point of this thread is to illustrate that it actually happens so infrequently that you can fill up three pages worth of nonsense sidestepping that fact in an hour flat.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

They're kids. I got beat up for being white. I don't hate black people. I got beat up for my religion. I don't hate the other group responsible.

Grow up and let it go for what it is?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join