It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Souls 3 comming soon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Praise the sun!!! and hope for amazing chest ahead

Dark souls 3 is being released next week in japan and 3 weeks after for the rest of us undead, if you are not familiarized with the dark souls franchise they are games of jolly cooperation, you are cursed and cannot die, each times something kills you, you just return more crispy until you go completely hollow and just aimlessly roam the land.

Some people consider to be one of the most difficult game series in existence but they are truly fair and a blast to play, specially if you like to co op and be randomly invaded by overpower level 1 characters that will 1 hit kill you.

If you want to familiarize with the intricate lore of the game but cannot do before April 12 (its a very rich in lore, its just hard to figure it out) this video will explain the basics

I already got mine preorder in steam, pc version got room for modification and the game will run at 60 fps, so you can have amazing customization like:

Of course this also mean pc will have cheaters although it is not that bad, in the 1200 hours combined of dark souls I and II i may have encounter 50 cheaters in thousands of encounters, so you may consider getting your copy in PS4 as the save encryption of that console have not been cracked yet and there will be 0 hackers, just lag switchers.

So remember to praise the sun and enjoy your stabbing simulator 2016

more lore

and the cinematic of DS3

edit on 16-3-2016 by Indigent because: praise the proof!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Pro-Ordered as well

Cannot wait.

PC for sure - Shoot me a P2P and Ill find you on Steam and we can watch each others ghosts fall off of edges.
edit on 16-3-2016 by Bennyzilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

gravity is the hardest boss of the series

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

And false messages on the floor saying "Secret Treasure If You Jump Here"

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I love the souls series can't wait for this! Thank god it comes out after my honeymoon and not before it or I might have been in trouble....

Wicked lore packed into these games. The first time I killed Gwyn in DS I felt like I climbed an actual mountain I was so full of self achievement. It was glorious.

I like how the soul's series explains practically nothing and just sets you loose in the game world to figure out what to do. Reminds me of the golden days of gaming when games were hard and had steep learning curves.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Agreed. Dark Souls 1 felt like a real achievement. For all the thrown controllers and weeks of "Screw this game I'm never coming back" I always did and I still love it to this day.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I felt like Ornstein and Smough were impossible too that was a real rush beating them. There are always a few bosses in each game that make you really struggle and change up your methods. The bosses are always wicked aesthetically too I would love a Dark Souls conncept art book.

From the cinematic it looks like you have to fight pervious crused undead that have linked the fire. Should be good.

a reply to: Bennyzilla

edit on 16-3-2016 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

for me it was capra demon, I hated it, until this year that i learned you can kill him trowing bombs from outside the boss arena.

I really like how in dark souls you are the bad guy, all you kill are good guys, witch of izalith wanted to make a new flame to stop the decay, artorias wanted to stop the abyss, gwyn sacrificed himself to break the curse, poor sif was just protecting artorias legacy, you are just a dark souls gathering more dark souls.

Oh and solaire increasing despair, so sad if you let him find "his sun"...

oh sif poor sif

most bosses get harder as you damage them, sif just start to limp and attack slower
edit on 16-3-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Well in the DLC you get to meet a young sif and you kill Manus who is pretty much evil incarnate and you free Artorias from his corruption so you kinda atone for your sins a little bit at least.

Yea poor poor Solaire...I like the fan lore about him being Gwyns son very intriguing and very possible lore wise. His statue in shattered behind the hell kite drake and is draped in sun light suspiciously. His story is a sad one.

Hopfully DS3 will have some memorable characters because lots of them in DS2 were highly forgettable. Fake moon light sword bro and the like....kinda liked the Emerald Maiden and the cat merchant.

edit on 16-3-2016 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Is Dark Souls playable with keyboard and mouse? Is it better that wa y like so many FPS?
I started Dark Souls 2 a couple of times, and it seemed the variety of combat moves favored all tjhe buttons of a gamepad.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ecapsretuo

Dark souls is a really bad port on pc but you can use kb and mouse, gamepad is the way to go in this games

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

We are no longer undead, but we are merely unkindled.

Praise the sun.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I have both Dark Souls I & II on Steam, but am yet to play them. I did try Bloodborne on PS4 and that seemed a lot more challenging than games I am used to playing.

I get put off by games that are too challenging; of course I want a game to present a challenge, but having to think so intricately just to perform a basic task in the game is off-putting. Maybe I'm just lazy in this regard.

When it goes on sale, I might add Dark Souls III to my collection, which seems to be never-ending at this point. (Blasted Steam sales always get me!)

edit on 18/3/2016 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Got to be the only game I will play from beginning to end in a while, so ya really looking forward to this game.

Part 3 now I suppose, and going by the vids I seen that there trying to tie arc of the whole storyline and the ages of the games, with the whole lords of cinder premise. Don't know how there going to do that because all of the games are pretty much every player interpreting there own version of the game world, so we will see. But I don't think even the developers really know were there going with it, which just makes it so much more interesting.

They also changed the pace of the game a bit, and with the updated graphics so the game is looking better, they even went back to having a mana bar you got to refill like in the original Demons Souls game. And they even brought back the red eye knights enemies from Demons Souls, which were just regular enemies but if you see they had red eyes, it generally meant they were twice as tough to kill. And I hope they dont make the game to simple or easy, but if they stick with the original intent they had in Demons Souls, I am all in.

Game is looking good, and I much prefer the swords and shields and magic gameplay to Bloodbornes, not saying Bloodborne was bad, because it is a great game also. Its just that the tempo was different, especially in PVP you would dash around like crazy and with the constant fast health refills the PVP matches just dragged on needlessly and kind of annoying, I think I gave up a few times simply because the whole fights were just dragging on to dam long, you could practically heal all day long.

Both were good games but I just like the Souls games a bit more, and they offer a bit more I think gameplaywise and storywise both for single player and PVP and everything else.

I even hope they bring Solaire back somehow, I just want to see his bucket head helmeted armor and cheesy look again, and engage in jolly cooperation...Praise the sun!

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

First game told you gwyn sin and left you with 2 endings, kindle the fire or let the age of darkness begin, second game tells it doesn't matter what you do, link the fire or not its all just temporal and the current cycle will end, humans are hollow in their natural state and what all call a curse is just the natural way, the curse is being alive and that was gwyn sin.

It appears in the 3rd game you are one of the ones that dint link the fire in their cycle, lets see what happens.

I for sure will praise the sun... after stabbing someone in the back as a red phantom
edit on 19-3-2016 by Indigent because: ima filthy casul

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Its all just one big cycle in that game world, I remember in the games there were a few characters who said as much, countless kingdoms came and went. It basically comes down to rekindling the first flame or not. But either way your screwed.

If you continue to rekindle the fire, you become the new lord, which off course just resets the whole thing and eventually you succumb to madness and darkness, and the cycle will continue, eventually somebody another undead will come along and rekindle the fire and take your spot.

Or you can chose to let it all go to darkness, and and well the cycle still continues only more crazy then before. Its pretty much a damned if you do, damned if you don't thing. If there is some original curse which set the whole thing in motion ie the dark sign or how to cure it once and for all? Well after 2 games going on a 3rd, I still don't know what the hell is going on, or if there is a choice in the game or endings that does not end up with you being screwed either way.

But hey! Plenty of fun in the meantime, I dont think to many people play these games for the story aspect. Even though its always in the back of your mind, it takes second place to the gameplay and just bizarre cool level building that is the souls games. The souls game has had some of the most awesome level designs in any game I ever played, still even remember that one snow blizzard from the second game were the ice unicorns keep ambushing you while your going around blindly trying to find a way out in the middle of a blizzard, and when you do you have to fight a boss get killed and start it all over again. And in the first game you had the painted world, and a few other secrets thrown in there.

And the only game out there which has cooler enemies designs, is I think the Final Fantasy series, I just want to see what else they throw in there this time around, both in terms of levels and enemy designs and nitty gritty secrets, and story wise and gameplay wise, because so far, both other past games did not disappoint.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Was surfing the net today, other then the bombings in Brussels and other same ol doom and gloom and other things. I came across this trailer of Dark Souls 3. I thought it was if not the most important then at least the most awesome.

I was literally felling giddy after watching this trailer, I think I see at least one old face in there "Seath the scaleless" from Dark Souls, and for a minute there I thought the guy on the dragon was Gwyn the original lord of cinder, but its douptly him and likely another lord.

There was so much in this trailer that just made me get me pumped up for this game. I read somewere that this is the last Dark Souls game, and if so, it looks like its going to go out with a big bada boom. So stoked, will even post up the original intro from the first game, because there are a lot of tie ins from the first game to this third and last game in that new trailer alone. Looks like they will finally tie in all the who knows what is going on, into an ending.

Original Trailer from the first game.

And the new trailer for Dark Souls III.

edit on 5amWednesdayam232016f3amWed, 23 Mar 2016 05:36:51 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

doom and gloom

plenty here too, here are the pc requirements

Minimum Requirements
Windows® 10 64bit
CPU: Intel® Core ™ i5 2500 3.3GHz / AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 750 Ti graphics card, ATI Radeon ™ HD 6870 graphics card
DirectX: DirectX 11
Storage: At least 20 GB of free space
Soundcard: DirectX11 more than the sound card that supports
Network: Internet connection environment necessary for the license authentication and online play of the first time start-up
Recommended Requirements
OS: Windows® 7 SP1 64bit, Windows® 8.1 64bit, Windows® 10 64bit
CPU: Intel Core i7 2600 3.4 GHz / AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 970 or equivalent graphics card
DirectX: DirectX 11
Storage: At least 20 GB of free space
Soundcard: DirectX11 more than the sound card that supports
Controller: Xbox One controller, Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
Network: Internet connection environment necessary for the license authentication and online play of the first time start-up

wccftech.com...

my pc will make a slideshow of this game :/

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

How can I check my PC specs to match to all that?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BigScaryStrawman

the minimum

Intel® Core ™ i5 2500 3.3GHz or AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 750 Ti graphics card or ATI Radeon HD 6870 graphics card
8 GB RAM

to see what you got:
run: mmc devmgmt.msc
edit on 23-3-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join