It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump backtracks on paying supporter's court fees

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

“No, because I don’t condone violence and I didn’t say I was going to pay for the fees,” Trump said on “Good Morning America.” “No, I didn’t say that. I haven’t looked at it yet and nobody’s asked me to pay fees and somebody asked me a question and I hadn’t seen it so I never said I was going to pay for fees.”

Asked if paying legal fees was tantamount to rewarding violence, Trump said “maybe that’s why I wouldn’t do it.”

Trump had previously alluded to a willingness to pay legal fees for supporters who physically engaged with protesters.

“Try not to hurt him,” Trump said after calling for a protester to be ejected from a March 4 rally in Warren, Mich. “If you do, I’ll defend you in court.”

IMO this would have been a great chance to prove he's not like all the other slimeball politicians and show the world that he can actually stand by his word. Unfortunately (for us) he is yet another "leader" who talks the talk but can't walk the walk.

I'm not impressed by any of the remaining candidates. They are all scumbags and this doesn't bode well for our country. I think secession is the best chance for preserving freedom and liberty right now. I would be willing to emigrate if one of the states broke away and started up a whole new government along with a copy of our Constitution, and actually abided by it.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

Trump stands by his word?

Commmmmmmmme on!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

"I never said i'd pay the legal fees."

This is a weird situation, he created an awful incentive when he said he's pay the legal fees, but by NOT paying the legal fees he's at least not perpetuating the situation. Him denying saying it categorically is pretty low though. He could at least acknowledge his faux pas by saying "I was wrong" but I don't think his ego will allow that.
edit on 15-3-2016 by Slanter because: I changed my take on the situation

Although I gotta love the sheer gall of the guy. There's video, it's been quoted for months, EVERYONE knows he said this, but he still double-downs and just says the polical equivalent of Shaggy's "It wasn't me."

"I don't know who that devilishly handsome man who condones violence is, but it sure isn't me."
edit on 15-3-2016 by Slanter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The thing is, it's not a big deal for him - he could hire 1000 lawyers and his bank account wouldn't even sneeze about it.

It's just lying for the sake of lying. The same as every other politician.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Donald Trump On Paying Supporter's Legal Fees | Meet The Press | NBC News

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

LOL and from Fox News too!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans

I'm not impressed by any of the remaining candidates. They are all scumbags and this doesn't bode well for our country. I think secession is the best chance for preserving freedom and liberty right now. I would be willing to emigrate if one of the states broke away and started up a whole new government along with a copy of our Constitution, and actually abided by it.

Don't be shocked with Trump doing the run around, every man has his limit...in this case fell at the first hurdle.

As for secession and the constitution..well that was done before, nowadays you might need to go and hunt for a state that has their people et al's well being at heart, never mind abiding the constitution.
It seems Americans have two demons to deal with in their states and the Federal Government.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Not only does he promise one, or twice, but three times that he will pay the legal fees.

And the crowd goes wild.

Now, Trump is backtracking on his words? Hmm, I wonder how this will resonate with those who stand with disdain towards politicians who partake in these sorts of actions.

We're gonna take our country back and Donald Trump is the man who is going to do it, and make America great again?

The long time friend and supporter of Bill and Hilary Clinton, a man who has ties to George Soros, that is somehow an outsider and is "shaking things up?"

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
He said he'd DEFEND you in court. Defend doesn't mean he will PAY for your court fees.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

"I'll defend you in court" does not equal "I'll pay your defense costs" in any manner, shape, or form.

The Trump attacks are getting hilarious, jumping from absurdity to absurdity, desperately trying to find something that sticks.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

"I'll be looking into it" is also not a "yes, I'll pay those legal fees" answer, though.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

"I'll defend you in court" does not equal "I'll pay your defense costs" in any manner, shape, or form.

The Trump attacks are getting hilarious, jumping from absurdity to absurdity, desperately trying to find something that sticks.

Serious question:

To state that you will defend someone in court would indicate that either the individual making the statement would act as the defense attorney, or provide the means for defense, would it not?

Or perhaps Trump meant he would be at the court proceeding to provide "moral support"?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
He said he'd DEFEND you in court. Defend doesn't mean he will PAY for your court fees.

What does it mean then....Trump isn't a lawyer.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

He should have never even said he'd look into it but this why people love him, he's outrageous. He also flip flops more than Clinton, job well done Donald!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Expert witness.

Lolz

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Legally, it's about inciting violence. That's why he's trying to backtrack. A police department in North Carolina was contemplating charging him for inciting a riot, but they've chosen not to.

Police: No, We're Not Charging Trump For 'Inciting Riot' In N.C.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Trump: If you see someone with tomatoes "Knock the crap out of them and I promise to pay the legal fees."

edit on 15-3-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

So what's new? Sometimes I think he has dementia. He doesn't remember what he says the previous day or two.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
He's too dumb to realize he was painting himself into a corner. By saying that and staying true to it he's condoning violence but since that would be condoning violence he can't do it and now he's trying to say he never said it.

Does he not realize everything he says is recorded!!! What a idiot. Why do so many people make that same mistake anyway??? How is it that people still don't understand what it means to be in the "Information age" and the age of zero privacy?? That's the trade off. No privacy means you're going to get caught up in your BS and lies.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

So what's new? Sometimes I think he has dementia. He doesn't remember what he says the previous day or two.

I don't think it matters to his supporters. Their emotional ties to Trump is able to rationalize anything he says to fit into their ideological mind set without much critical thinking. it's the old Santa Clause syndrome...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join