It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian President Putin orders withdrawal of Russian forces from Syria

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
As I have been saying for sometime Russia simply can not sustain a long term campaign in Syria and has been looking for a point where they have declare victory and go home. The entire point of Syria was to take public attention off of Ukraine the failing economy, except supporting Assad turned out to be very unpopular at home.

So Russia declares victory and gets out. Assad has to now either leave of his own accord or be in some real trouble when the US backed forces finish off ISIS. Half the rebels have had ISIS as the number on target and Assad number 2. That will not be the case as ISIS falls. Russia knows if Assad does not step down they either have to send more forces and stay to defend him forever or get out while the getting is good. On top of that if peace talks fail the Arabs and Turks are likely to start sending heavy weapon systems with advisers including anti air craft systems. The Russians have been through that in Afghanistan and they are not going go through it for Assad.

If your Assad you have be getting nervous. First Iran starts pulling out and that is offset by Shia Iraqi militias but, nobody is going to replace the Russians. So Assad has to really push hard for Iran to send more and hope Hezbollah and the Iraqi and Lebanese militia's do not take off as well. To make matters worse the areas recaptured are wrecked because the Russian are still using dumb bombs. If Assad was smart he would fly to Russia and never come back. Otherwise he is going end up dead.

Now the Russian can pull out and try making up to the Arab states again to get some news arms deals and maybe some kind of oil deal that matters.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Interesting. Could mean a few things.

A. Maybe ISIS "IS" all but defeated, and our American Media doesn't want us to know, because, of course, Americans NEED an enemy.
B. Russia is leaving Assad on his own, perhaps a deal with some Western countries we don't know about.
C. Russia really does feel like, Although ISIS is NOT defeated, Assad and Syria are strategically okay for now. NO danger.
D. The military industrial complex that rules the world, Would like Russia to take a break and would like another thousand American lives to be lost in the middle east, and another couple Trillion dollars of American taxpayer money to be spent on middle east wars, instead of providing healthcare and infrastructure repair in the us.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Update.

Alexander Marquardt

Kremlin statement allows plenty of room for the continuation of #Russia air strikes in #Syria.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

JFK was not CIA either .Looking over some of the history we notice that there was a coup in Iran and there was the Iran contra affair .We see things like the Economic Hit Men .We see our leaders get up and parrot each other as to why we need to go to war . We see the Benghazi issues with gun running .We see the poppie production re-started in Afghanistan . We see the Invasion of Iraq and the Bombing of Libya .We see the arms and fighters moving to Syria . We also see who is not being bogged down with sanctions .5 years may have been a very ambitious time frame but maybe they thought it was doable .It turned out that Red line didn't get crossed and so the US military didn't go in .

Using the US as a proxy is not gong to be a easy thing any-more .Time will tell just how the ME dust ends up settling .For now it could be that the plan is well known about and it wont be so easy to pull off .

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

You are wrong on all points. Just like the Western Pundits on social media.

As I have been saying for sometime Russia simply can not sustain a long term campaign in Syria

I will say this again as i said before earlier in this thread.

Its only Russia thats interested in a stably Syria and interested in bringing peace to the Syrian people. The airstrikes have being targeting both ISIS and Islamist rebel groups loyal to America, the Saudis.

As for your claims that Russia simply can not sustain a long term campaign in Syria that's simply not quite true. America has being bombing in Syria for two years and can you tell me what Western nations have achieved in Syria?

i thought as much..

If your Assad you have be getting nervous. First Iran starts pulling out and that is offset by Shia Iraqi militias but, nobody is going to replace the Russians. So Assad has to really push hard for Iran to send more and hope Hezbollah and the Iraqi and Lebanese militia's do not take off as well. To make matters worse the areas recaptured are wrecked because the Russian are still using dumb bombs. If Assad was smart he would fly to Russia and never come back. Otherwise he is going end up dead.

LOL So you prefer Syria to be another failed state like Libya is now? havent you learned anything from Libya? seriously what are you taking?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Some Facts abt Russia's withdrawal from Syria (4 source C #prts):aerial ops unaffected, only 5000 guarding now secured airbase will b withdrawn

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

The Russians never could handle the desert heat!

Putin has learned his lesson.... he will leave the ME to the big boys!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

1.SAA forces have regained almost 60% of the areas which were ones captured and retaken by both the Islamist opposition and terrorists.

2. Iran and Syria have a pact, Iran isnt going anywhere from Syria.

3.Russia is the only one killing civilians lie.

Russian are still using dumb bombs.

America and Western using similar and bigger bombs which usual cause the most of civilian deaths. But hey Russia is the only evil one.

The West is pure and innocent right?
If Assad was smart he would fly to Russia and never come back.
Would you prefer Syria to be another failed state like Libya is now ugh?

Removing Assad wont stability back to Syria. Thoughts like yours are rather outdated.
edit on 14-3-2016 by TaleDawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

The same big boys that ruined Libya, Yemen right? lolz.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Syria has been fighting this war for over 4 years and was not able to handle those fighting against them, but when Russia helped they were able to gain ground...Now Russia pulls back troops that were helping Syria with those advances and help to hold those areas. Without Russian help Syria is where they were before Russia's help.

The majority of Syrians do not want the opposition nor do they wanted the Arab Spring to happen, Syrians in Aleppo were pretty much agaisnt the rebels.

You know why Syria wasn't able handle those fighting against them? Turkey... Turkey has being a supporter of terrorists in Syria. If Anything all these small attacks in Turkey are false flags so they can use as an excuse to attack Kurds towns.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TaleDawn

/../ Its only Russia thats interested/.../ bringing peace to the Syrian people.

Everyone can express their opinion, OK. But someone here seems for me like from the Kremlin trolling factory. So no need answer to my post, this answer is offtopic.

Russian government never-ever wants bring peace anywhere, they think only like imperial claims, but they do it like mafia way, soon like North-Korean poor way. This is pure Ohranka->NKVD->KGB->FSB dictatorship, killing persons and comerades when needed. This state has history of secret police more than 200 years and 1/3 population is recruited also nowadays, spy agency in family is inherited. All personality has been killed off a long time. People are feared.

So, Syria affair was due to the need to draw attention away from Ukraine, not some peace bringing ideas :0/

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SaddledMummy
This is rather rich.

So anyone doesn't share your view or Western Views is an Kremlin troll.

Russian government never-ever wants bring peace anywhere

I am sure the Western Countries are very much interested in bringing peace in Syria just like they had being interested in Libya.

Your rather questionable since your new here to and you started to attack me as your first post.
edit on 14-3-2016 by TaleDawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

If Russia never intervened in Syria, it would be your beloved beheading moderates who are covering women and forbidding them to protest they would had won and much of Syria would have gone down further into Chaos.

Killing Assad or capturing Assad wont bring stability haven't you Pro NATO got the Libyan memo yet?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I feel he is playing right into the Turkeys hands. Turkey is likely behind Ukraine heating back up. Putin probably plans on using those forces to stabilize Ukraine indefinitely. He has stationed a bunch of troops and equipment in Armenia so I would not say he cant sustain anything. Name one country who can move 140,000 troops and equipment in one week? LMAO! Russia is a hell of a lot stronger than you give them credit for. They did not send much to Syria at all.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Russian government never-ever wants bring peace anywhere, they think only like imperial claims

like imperial claims?
haha thats rather funny. Because It Seems France and Britain are more hellbent with their imperial roots to Syria then Russia.

Nice try though but you fail.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

I feel he is playing right into the Turkeys hands.

Ugh no.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: LABTECH767

Right. And never trust an American, because they hand you pox infected blankets to steal your land.

And your meaning, I was not that person and neither were most of the settlers though it was a terrible crime.

By the way my fathers mother was Maori (I do not talk to that side of my relatives because he as quite simply an evil man) and her uncles were Maori Warriors so don't get me wrong but I think that point bears no relevance to this thread.

Oh and I am part Jew direct line in my maternal ancestry and of course just like Native american's suffered there bones used as knife handles, there skin as wallet's and even boot's well have a look at Nazi lampshades made from jewish girls skin and also jewish girls skin used as walets, bookbinding's and for other decorative purposes by SS and other NAZI's, at least the native americans mostly died in there own home's not herded into gas chambers and butchered like animal's so don't go all ghost dance (you know which ghost dance I mean the forbidden one that was evil and attempted to curse all the white race rolling them back until they were wiped out by making a blood and soul pact with the evil spirits - it was WRONG and seed's sown in evil can bring NO good).

I sense a hatred for European's and you thinking it is Karma, it is not and never could be, if there is Karma then there is reincarnation, if there is reincarnation then were do you think the Native american souls are now, probably America am I right but that is off topic so let's leave it there.

What is happening in Syria and Europe has nothing to do with that at all and a lot more to do with malignant power mongers moving behind the scenes and setting these nations up on the one hand and religious extremists on the other.
It is a proxy war and also about oil and profiteering gangsters like Erdogan.

edit on 14-3-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

But your peace means on your terms, not what is best for the country in whole!!! Syria was not hurting anyone before Turkey decided they wanted their Ottoman empire back. ISIS and the President of Turkey are preaching the same crap but you never hear about it in the western news.

Obama supports the Muslim Brotherhood, they are based in Turkey!!! They changed their name to ISIS after getting kicked out of Egypt and publicly humiliated by the Egyptian military as they are strong enough to tell Obama and Turkey to f-off. Syria being right on Turkeys border did not give them a chance to fight them off without Russian help.

This is far from over. Putin is going to let Turkey in for a big rat trap more like. Its either that or he has decided to invade Ukraine and take it while he still can.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Turkey under Erdogan are going to experience the same chaos they sow started in Syria in Turkey and thanks to Erdogan.

Erdogan is a Dictator. Erdogan wont do anything in Ukraine Kurds along with the Opposition in Turkey is going to unseat Erdogan soon.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Do you support dictator Erdogan to?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join