It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian President Putin orders withdrawal of Russian forces from Syria

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Muh-muh-muh-muh-money sink.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: StolidPanda

Fall back to provide NK assistance?

Not a chance.

Russia doesn't support NK anymore and China is tired of the fat mans stupidity. They both had strong words for NK...stop it or face the consequences.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Here is some history for those whom think Turkey is our allie in the west, it is not our allie except for it's own agenda.

Isn't that what all countries are interested...their own agenda?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple
Yeah, they're much smarter than you.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

that will be for Syrian Army to do

Problem is they weren't able to do that before having Russia's help, and before most fighting the government were battled hardened...Now they are, so it may not go the way Russia hopes it goes.

Tactical Atomic Munitions as a last result - after using those hyper-baric bombs that incinerate local villages/towns or even cities if used in high numbers of devices

Russia wouldn't do something so stupid to help a government that if they weren't there Russia wouldn't lose sleep over it.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

One of the confusing issues in this whole ISIS thing was who were they and who was supporting them .Syria is much better armed with intelligence and weapons .Russia helped bring to the front and centre lots of info .The new boots and equipment will go a long way in slowly getting the rest of their territory back again . Who know's ,maybe Russia will take up some space in Iraq now .They were invited earlier and so maybe this is a good time to help Iraq and sell them some new toys too . If Syria ,Iran ,and Iraq create a group to stand against Turkey ,Saudi , Qatar plan then them having similar equipment will help defeat any bigger plans in the Middle East .

There was a plan .......

edit on 14-3-2016 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

Era of Peace promised in Fatima, slowly but surely takes place.

What peace? Just different players coming and going in ME. Stop trying to bring your Fatima into every thread on ATS. This post of yours should be relegated to the bin - its called thread drift.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TaleDawn
a reply to: SaddledMummy

/.../ it seems Obama is going to step down before Assad does.

Hehe, right :0D

But my context was, that russis fear things escalate because turks come in and sooner or later russis get involved. If this happens, they had not a good position at all.

So, Putin needs Assad now, because he gives russian military bases a valid status. But if there happens any hot war between russis and turks, more than obviously all bases get lost. Noone like Assad cannot help here, valid or not. Also losing a warfield makes Putin a dead man thinking of internal politics matter.

If russis minimize and maybe stop bombing at all in that precise hour when turks attack kurds in Syria and saudis attack Assad, russis may be preserve bases and after Syria divided into parts, then they can call on their part of lands.

That was a long term strategy theory.
Another theories and maybe all these are partially right:
- russis just run off money
- good time to show good face, because peace negotiations rules are on and nothing to bomb atm
- Putin just BSing and they not moving any forces back
- russis secretly make pact and got free hands against Ukraine
- russian newest forces got exp on field and now they need them some other place, starting some more nasty activities :0/

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

Why are you not considering the option that they are withdrawing because their presence is no longer necessary in Syria, because they accomplished their goal to help the legal government against the western backed terrorists and + ISIS.

The end result of an Assad victory has not been accomplished. Why are they leaving now?

Domestic (Russian) political problems?

Annoyance with Assad?

Or, some kind of huge KGB trick? Has President Putin The Glorious Knight Of The Motherland, ever *gasp* lied before?
edit on 14-3-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

There was a plan .......

No there wasn't. Remember he supposedly was shown a piece of paper that said this, so the reliability of his claim is questionable.

And have you ever wondered why Mr. Clark hasn't said anything else about it since that video?

Seems when one makes comments they know aren't real...they never comment about it again.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

And have you ever wondered why Mr. Clark hasn't said anything else about it since that video?

Seems when one makes comments they know aren't real...they never comment about it again.
Well even the CIA edits books and documents before publication . I can imagine him getting a warning that if he ever mentioned it again ,things would go deep south for him . Why would he make something like that up ? ..The way things moved and were moving gives some of what he said credibility .imo

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

Domestic (Russian) political problems?

Wonder if he is worried about a jihad threat at home, as many who fought in Syria are coming back...and they aren't happy with Putin.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I know your Anti Russian on here. Putin has shown he cares about the stability of Syria, the west has only being interested in chaos in Syria, and nothing more.

Killing, removing Assad doesn't wont bring stability to Syria, it seems the Saudis and this fake Opposition haven't gotten the memo what happened with Libya.

Someone has being quite busy trying to turn Syria into another Libya.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Many of ISIS fighters are former Iraqi military. The same people who worked for Sadam.

Just thought I would throw that in there.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Problem is they weren't able to do that before having Russia's help, and before most fighting the government were battled hardened...Now they are, so it may not go the way Russia hopes it goes.

Iran is in with the SAA as are the Hezbollah. I am quite sure you would love for Syria to be taken over by the Islamists and Syria to be another Libya.

Is that what you Americans want?

Oh and yeah Russia isn't going anywhere from Syria. The Kurds have given the Russians the Intel
that they wanted out of Syria.

Turkey wont do anything in Syria.
edit on 14-3-2016 by TaleDawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

The jihadists arent happy because there paradise has backfired. And wont be happening in Syria.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Wonder if he is worried about a jihad threat at home, as many who fought in Syria are coming back...and they aren't happy with Putin.
I think there was a rather large list of names associated with ISIS and so Putin should have their names .All it would take is one wrong step and the authorities could get a free pass to deal with them . I cant see it being a big problem but who knows eh .

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Well even the CIA edits books and documents before publication .

Except he isn't the CIA.

I can imagine him getting a warning that if he ever mentioned it again ,things would go deep south for him .

Problem is he was saying this was something he was shown...that alone throws up credibility problems. And nobody has been able to back this claim up so why would he need to be warned. He wasn't in the military at the time of this, so he can say what he wants...that doesn't make it true.

Here is the funny thing...it hasn't happened in those five years since he said this so what happened? That's right it was said during the Bush presidency, and we have had Obama for 8, so obviously it wasn't the credible memo you think it was.

Why would he make something like that up ?

Why not...do you think just because he was a general he can't make things up.

The way things moved and were moving gives some of what he said credibility .imo

Except they didn't move the way he said it would...those five years have come and gone...no credibility.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TaleDawn

The jihadists arent happy because there paradise has backfired. And wont be happening in Syria.

And Putin was a big reason why...they may get it in Russia if they really try hard enough.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TaleDawn

Iran is in with the SAA as are the Hezbollah. I am quite sure you would love for Syria to be taken over by the Islamists and Syria to be another Libya.

You truly missed the whole point there.

Let me try this again...

Syria has been fighting this war for over 4 years and was not able to handle those fighting against them, but when Russia helped they were able to gain ground...Now Russia pulls back troops that were helping Syria with those advances and help to hold those areas. Without Russian help Syria is where they were before Russia's help.

Now does that clear up what I was saying?

Is that what you Americans want?

Did I say that...no, but it's always fun assuming isn't it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join