It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Hessdalen Cam2 UAP New Years Eve 2016

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Hessdalen is a very remote area in Norway with a long history of ufo sightings. I noticed slight flashing so started recording. Too frequent for lightning, so maybe fireworks I thought, being the New Year. Then I thought this field normally has sheep in it so cannot be fireworks, scare the livestock etc..

The orb was a huge surprise. It's speed over the terrain appears very rapid and it disappears into thin air toward flashing light in the top right of picture frame.

-Streetcap1 YouTube.

Hi ATS,

Happy Sunday.

I happened to land on this video on New Years Day 2016 and I was impressed by it because "Hey, Hessdalen UAP rings in the New Year". I thought that was pretty neat.

But I wasn't so sure how neat you all would think it was so I sort of sat on it for the last couple of months or so while I watched the view count climb up near 50,000.

So, I thought you'd like to see it, because, "Hey, Hessdalen...", and all that, and because who doesn't love Hessdalen stuff.

There's problems with it, be forewarned, it has a dubious pedigree right away because we find that Streetcap1 is a great poster of UFO videos, so there's that.

But he includes what I thought was an interesting link, a link to Project Hessdalen Cam 2 from whence the clip comes. So there's that, too. Anyway...

...here's the goods:

1:28

Let me know what you think.

edit on 13-3-2016 by Bybyots because:

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Pretty cool. No aircraft flying patrol for NATO near you? And what was the flashing in the beginning close to the cam. It was quite bright and close it seems. Was the cam unattended? It did disappear at the end though like it vanished or turned off a light. But I think the power-plant would show up on the night-vision cam if that was the case.

ETA: Is Hessalden that valley with all the strange lights and weirdness going on. I saw a show on that, but didn't recall the name. The weirdest (well one of them anyway)was the large patch of earth with grass and dirt perfectly cut out and flipped over that had to be done with heavy equipment, but was in a marshy area with no signs of anything that could have done it.

edit on 13/3/16 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
As much as i want it to be UFO related, I'm leaning towards atmospheric activity for now. It's weird stuff of course but it's all in the same area (and has been for a long time). Some of it looks like slow motion lightning, at least from the older videos I've seen.

Just my two cents.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I have to say it is interesting. Questions I would ask are:

1) can the video hold up under scrunity , analysis etc? Is it available for analysis?
2) what is the flashing throughout the video - not lightening as it seemed there was a man made sequence to it.
3) the trajectory of the object didn't look like a usual airplane especially as it seemed to disappear quickly at the end (but could have been a trick of the camera angle). Are there any airports / military installations in the area.
4) no to be a smart a-- , but why was this video taken again?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I note that it appears to have some kind of spotlights or something shining on the ground right when it first appears. Overall, it seems very much like an airplane. It flies is a pretty straight line, and doesn't hover or bounce around in the sky in odd patterns, which would really make it more problematic.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Paddyofurniture
4) no to be a smart a-- , but why was this video taken again?

They have several video cameras running constantly in the area because of the odd lights that are seen there. They've been doing this for years. Check out the link in the OP.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Paddyofurniture

The Hessdalen Lights have been studied for decades. They are not considered (by most) to be alien spacecraft. But they are a strange anomalous phenomena that , although unpredictable, are something that does occur with enough frequency to enable a low budget study.

There are probably many explanations for UFOs. Unravelling the mystery of the Hessdalen Lights would only solve part of the mystery.

For more information I always find this video to be concise but informative.

Nice find Bybyots!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Nice find Bybyots!

Thank you, Sire.

I thought it was pretty neat, too.

I haven't really applied myself to finding out why, but if it were an especially good catch on one of Project Hessdalen's cams it seems to me they would have made more of an effort to circulate the video.

I dunno.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

My impression of Hessdalen is that it's a very low key, long term project. These strange light events are fairly rare and random (they average around 2 a month) . There is still no answer as to what causes them then. I don't think the Hessdalen people want to be involved with the "UFO crowd" and try to stay strictly scientific.

The studies have been ongoing for about 35 years now and the main theories centre around the geology of the area.

"......the lights make no sound, appear to be cool and do not leave any scorch marks on the ground, unlike ball lightning. They do however sterilise an area upon contact, killing the soil microbes."

Full story : www.dailymail.co.uk... g-light-show.html

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Found this, interesting !
Hopefully he means radar as it's commonly understood to be? How do light balls trigger a radar hit?

3/ 27 years after the first field investigation in Hessdalen (www.hessdalen.org...), what has been learnt on the Hessdalen Phenomena? It is difficult to say this in a short term. We know that there are many different types of the phenomena, and they are capture on radar. – An answer on your question could be part in a book.
:

www.uapreporting.org...

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

What always stumps me about claims like this is if the lights are regular why is the equipment used to film it of such POOR quality, is it just to keep the myth going

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Capturing UFO pictures on a permanent basis is a high cost/low probability exercise. I don't think there are many, if any, other studies of these UAPs like this.

This is a low budget project with a solitary camera set in a very large valley in Norway. The chance of capturing anything on video most of the time is . It took a year before the automatic video recording produced anything of substance back in the late 1990s.

Perhaps another video will entertain you?

Not sure about that large rectangular piece of turf that was displaced in the video though.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Seriously what would be one of the most important events in our history if proved cant justify investment

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

No one involved with Hessdalen thinks this is anything beyond some kind of natural phenomenon.

So I don't think solving the mystery of this particular phenomenon would prove to be an important event in our history.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Many still think ufo's as in Aliens but all I see to 360p web cam videos of what could be light aircraft in some cases and in others somebody extracting the urine

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

So I don't think solving the mystery of this particular phenomenon would prove to be an important event in our history.

Really, man? Are you sure?

The last thing I want to do is put words in your mouth, but, are you saying that defining what is happening at Hessdalen would not be an important event in our history because it's a natural phenomenon?

I think the opposite, that's why I ask.

Often electronic communications have all the subtlety of a brick, so please know that I ask in the spirit of fun conversation. I'm not all posturing, or anything like that.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I'd be extraordinarily interested if there were psychoactive effects or a subjective sense that these phenomena were interacting with humans.

But this all seems to be long distance automated photography.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Sorry I didn't really make that very clear did I?

What I meant was that Hessdalen is probably nothing to do with aliens flying in spaceships. So there would no historical landing of little green men on the roof of the Storting

But if it led to the discovery of a cheap energy source or a new way to power aircraft then it could be a tremendous discovery. Sadly someone would probably try to weaponize it as well.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Interesting because its Hessdalen but that's about it. The light moved with a definite curve to it. I'm wondering if the flashes at the beginning could've been the light passing overhead before going out in an arc to left of screen, circling back across to the right? Seemed pretty much like a wide circle anyway.

The natural battery theory doesn't seem too far out to me. I think one day the project may come up with an answer.
Makes a change to see this coming from streetcap1, though. Has he got fed up of watching space station cams?
Ha. It must be his annual vacation. Do we get to see two weeks worth of Hessdalen holiday snaps in grainy black and white?
Sorry, couldn't resist.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I'd be extraordinarily interested if there were psychoactive effects or a subjective sense that these phenomena were interacting with humans.

But this all seems to be long distance automated photography.

OMG, that's digests exactly what I was thinking; go home, Bybyots, you're drunk.

P.S. I just meant to say something funny to celebrate the simile between us.

You're very funny.

edit on 17-3-2016 by Bybyots because:

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join