It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Hessdalen Cam2 UAP New Years Eve 2016

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Interesting because its Hessdalen but that's about it.

I totally agree.

I think one day the project may come up with an answer.

I think so, too. I bet if we reviewed their white-paper, or whatever (I remember there is one, and I think it's on my drive) that we would find that they already offer a lot of stuff that might be jammed together creatively enough to start to shape an answer.

Do we get to see two weeks worth of Hessdalen holiday snaps in grainy black and white?

I kinda wish we did as it's just kinda cooler than spaceships.

Thanks for being here.

edit on 17-3-2016 by Bybyots because:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

I hope you will forgive my sarcastic tone with regard to the source.
I'm still mulling over those flashes at the start of the footage. If that camera had been pointing upwards, would we have seen the ball of light flashing into existence? Did we just miss out on the chance to see the "birth" of one of these lights?
It is a curse of all these type of experiments with cameras that all the action seems to happen just off screen! Maddeningly, just adding to the mystery.

I've not really kept up to date with Hessdalen as I only hear about it as a peripheral of UFOlogy but something KPB said above has been niggling me.
Someone may know more (or point me to something closer) but hasn't there been some interaction at Hessdalen?
I'm sure I've heard tales of locals being followed by the lights and some responses to torches being flashed at the lights?
Maybe these are folk tales from elsewhere that I've mixed up in my memory but the lights at Hessdalen have been known about for a long time before anyone tried a scientific study.
Anyone been following this who can enlighten us a bit?
Cheers.
edit on 18-3-2016 by Tulpa because: Spilling

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

There are a few locals talking in the video I linked earlier.

Also I notice this still frame shot at about 4:40 into the video.

This reminds me of something I saw when I was much younger in the mid 1980s. But it literally came and went in a flash. It was a hot. muggy early evening and soon afternoon a lightning storm started. So I always assumed it was ball lightning.
Whether there was a similar phenomenon going on in Hessdalen I don't know. It's only about 1600 miles away.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Thanks for that. I'll try it later.
That still is interesting. I'm reminded of some Russian reports of sickle shaped UFOs from the fifties, I think.
Bit of a blur and I can't seem to get a scale on it even though I've seen the footage. It seems smaller and closer in the still. Weird.
Cheers.

Adding
Managed to watch that without connection disturbance.
I like how the guy says he's had all those sightings and he can prove it because he's "got it all written down".
He's obviously never seen ATS.
Cheers again.
edit on 18-3-2016 by Tulpa because: Watched a whole vid and it worked!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I hope you will forgive my sarcastic tone with regard to the source.

Oh, certainly, you're reaction to the vid is much as my own.

I'm still mulling over those flashes at the start of the footage. If that camera had been pointing upwards, would we have seen the ball of light flashing into existence? Did we just miss out on the chance to see the "birth" of one of these lights?

I don't know, but I also found the "flashes" to be ultimately more interesting than the "light blob". But just by a little.

...hasn't there been some interaction at Hessdalen?

Yes, there has, and that interaction, I believe, is summed up in the audio track from this vid...

I mean, for goodness'-sake: their reaction is more pronounced than that of whale or dolphin watchers (but similar).

Maybe these are folk tales from elsewhere that I've mixed up in my memory

Possibly a little mixed up with vids produced by the patently mad Stephen Greer, but otherwise I think yer good.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I've seen similar videos called out as a mass of mylar party balloons.

Of course it would be fascinating if it was proven that they were not.

Kev

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Are you saying that the video I just posted above could possibly be a mass of mylar balloons?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

Are you saying that the video I just posted above could possibly be a mass of mylar balloons?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know what I saw on the video.

But I've seen probably dozens of similar videos on ATS, where the "insta-debunking squad" shows up and proclaims that they are Chinese lanterns or Mylyar party baloons. (so have you I'm sure).

Now you know I'm quite keen on the possibility of "plasma or similar intelligences" so I'm certainly very open to what may be true about the Hessdalen lights.

Kev

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Look more like flares to me , not convinced the video was filmed at Hessdalen either.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Oh lovely.

I'll just savor this moment for a while.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Ugh. Don't mention Greer.
I was thinking of about thirty years ago with regard to the folk lore. A bit pre-Greer maybe but folk lore was what got me into Forteana in general. Lots of stories can be traced backwards to a similar root and, annoyingly, after years of stuffing my head with every snippet I can find, they occasionally merge a little.

Maybe I need to go back and look through some old stuff but its really bugging me now. I'm sure I've read peoples reports that state that the lights somehow seemed aware of their presence and approached them.

Its a problem, interested in everything, expert at nothing.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   

I'm not sure they were flares.
My question was more about actual interaction. Those lights in the clip look like they would've behaved like that regardless of the presence of an audience.
Seemingly displaying awareness is the kind of description I mean. Not just putting on a light show.

I'm probably confused but now I can't, off the top of my head, think of any other well known "lights" that I've confused them with.
If you follow?

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Not trying to downplay sightings at Hessdalen mate just that the video you posted a couple of posts up is likely not from there , on the video itself it says source unknown , sure I've seen it before and those lights were flares.

As I understand it reports from Hessdalen originated in the 80s , my first knowledge of them was in the late 90s and the reports and pictures coming from the area seemed to indicate that something mysterious was occurring hence the set up of the observation center , I found the reports form the scientists and observers there very compelling.

I don't know the source for the early sightings but I do know that some of the latter reported sightings have been explained as cars and aircraft which do drive and fly in that area , I'm unsure that if there was anomalous activity in that area back then we should necessarily expect it to continue year on year , although if the lights had a natural Earth light origin caused by local geology perhaps they would.
For me the book on Hessdalen is still open but after all these years we are still no closer to knowing the source of the original mystery , Earth lights or dimensional portal .... I don't know.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I dug out my old copy of Earth Lights Revealed by Paul Devereux from 1989 and wrote a big reply with some quotes etc.
Then lost it cos my connection died again, but briefly, the locals say reports go back to 1944.
They were "put on the map" as it were, in 1981 and various types of lights/shapes were described, some lasting up to an hour at a time.
12th Feb 1984, the project saw a flashing light and pointed a laser at it.
It reacted by changing the frequency of its flashes, reverting to its original pattern of flashing when the laser was turned off.
The experiment was repeated later the same day with an observer who was positioned so as to not be aware of when the laser would be on or off.
The same result was produced four times out of five.

Hardly dropping by for a chat and a cup of tea but interaction all the same.
Best I could find just now.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

I'm not sure they were flares.
My question was more about actual interaction. Those lights in the clip look like they would've behaved like that regardless of the presence of an audience.
Seemingly displaying awareness is the kind of description I mean. Not just putting on a light show.

I'm probably confused but now I can't, off the top of my head, think of any other well known "lights" that I've confused them with.
If you follow?

I'm not an expert on flares. In fact despite 8 years in the Military with a Secret clearance, and presence in war zones, I don't recall ever seeing flares (I was in the Navy however.. they don't seem to use them much). Of course I was in the engine room not top deck.

I really can't say.

I tend to say "Mylar party balloons" sometimes, as they do have a reflective surface the sun can glint off of, they are very light and can move around rapidly in the wind"..

but again, I'm not an expert on party balloons either. I'm not a debunker, so I do not study the debunkers tool kit.

I AM a skeptic, which means I say "I don't know for sure" quite a lot when it comes to UFOs and sightings of exotic occurrences.

I have made it clear, that I personally find it compelling that we share this planet with some sort of other intelligence, a "dark plasma/dark matter" type of intelligence perhaps, which my ancestors would have called "spirits". And I have certainly experienced many interesting things.

However when it comes to UFOs at least, I think that most of them are simple misidentifidations.. and the truly interesting ones which evidence "high strangeness" don't seem to be as common.

Kev

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Sorry, should've made myself clearer.
Its that "intelligence" that interests me.
The Hessdalen phenomena may turn out to be pure chance. A combination of geology, electricity and maybe even weather. Its possible, with further study, that an answer will be forthcoming. Locals have reported rumbles and booms along with the sound of "trains running below our feet". I suspect geologists may help. Unless they're tunneling another Dulce, in which case I quit.

You're right about UFOs. I'd love it to be alien spaceships and maybe one day it will be, but most have been satisfactorily explained.
Plasma type events are much more of a mystery for me and its also possible that they may be reproduced.

We have to find out what they are first.
Cheers.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

Sorry, should've made myself clearer.
Its that "intelligence" that interests me.
The Hessdalen phenomena may turn out to be pure chance. A combination of geology, electricity and maybe even weather. Its possible, with further study, that an answer will be forthcoming. Locals have reported rumbles and booms along with the sound of "trains running below our feet". I suspect geologists may help. Unless they're tunneling another Dulce, in which case I quit.

You're right about UFOs. I'd love it to be alien spaceships and maybe one day it will be, but most have been satisfactorily explained.
Plasma type events are much more of a mystery for me and its also possible that they may be reproduced.

We have to find out what they are first.
Cheers.

Yes, indeed.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

As you can imagine I am still deeply puzzled by your response re: mylar balloons.

What sort of light source would cause them to become illuminated as we see them in the video.

Thanks in advance.

Bartholomew.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Paul Devereux...

Devereux is a favorite of mine and I treasure his little trade paperbacks.

Is he a fave of yours as well?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Naw, it's okay. As you can see from my lack of response, I cannot immediately vett the providence of that video.

I've back-burned it. I know from the last time we went over that vid at ATS that it is indeed from Project Hessdalen's cams and they have metrics on the event (from their "Blue Box"), I just don't presently have the time capacity to hunt it down. Maybe tonight.

On the other hand: You might be right; Holy #e! And I might be in for another grand learning experience.

You are awesome, Gortex, and I have learned a considerable amount from you.

Thanks, Man.

edit on 24-3-2016 by Bybyots because:

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join