It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the faq?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I see a post here referencing a faq, but where is an actual faq? I have a ton of stupid questions I want answered:

1. What methods if any are there for members to communicate with each other, aside from disrupting a thread a person is posting in something just for that member? (Bob, do you really have a gf who is an alien or were you joking? Email me a pic at [email protected].)

2. What levels or point system is there here and what do they get you?

3. I am here because I was banned at sites like this. What makes you get banned here or is it the same as on the other sites (like exposing any real truth)? Note that the true answer to this is banned at some sites like this.

4. How can I get an email if someone replies to my comment?

5. How else can I know if someone replies to my comment?

6. Is it ok to not give a reason for editing? (
edit on 13-3-2016 by confusedbutnotidiot because: (no reason given)
)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: confusedbutnotidiot

FAQ ATS

Perhaps this will help.
Welcome

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: confusedbutnotidiot
(Bob, do you really have a gf who is an alien or were you joking? Email me a pic at [email protected].)

()

LMAO! Welcome

You can message other members using U2U. Click on MyATS on the top right and click on the mail icon. You must spell the user's name case sensitive to send. Actually I see the mail Icon in the top right of this page. I am not sure if it is there on all pages.

You should click on MyATS anyway and look around at the functions.

There's one for you.
edit on 13-3-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra
He may find, unless the system's changed again, that he needs 20 posts before being able to use the U2U with ordinary members.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: reldra
He may find, unless the system's changed again, that he needs 20 posts before being able to use the U2U with ordinary members.

aah, I did not know that. ty

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I see a post here referencing a faq, but where is an actual faq? I have a ton of stupid questions I want answered:

3. I am here because I was banned at sites like this. What makes you get banned here or is it the same as on the other sites (like exposing any real truth)? Note that the true answer to this is banned at some sites like this.

()

The T&Cs are here ATS T&C
It is long. I would also go to forums and then to "Board Business", lots of info in there.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Hi

If you want to talk to another member you need at least 20 posts. Once you have them, you can click on the little person icon below the member's stats:

You will see different options regarding that member, click on "Send Message":

You will be taken to your Messages. You can see that the name of the member is already written (you can change the user if you made a mistake):

You can also check your replies in this screen, I wrote what each of the icons on the top left mean:

If you want to go to your Messages to check in a quick way, you can use the Envelope icon on the bar at the top right:

I hope this helps

edit on 13-3-2016 by Casandra because: Changed pic

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
The T&Cs are here ATS T&C
It is long. I would also go to forums and then to "Board Business", lots of info in there.

Thanks very much reldra. It is not only long, but also useless, legalese, nonsense.

The reason they normally ban is not even listed there. That is just the excuses. At another site, they also ban for one reason, but the ban itself implies that it was due to another user with the same ip address spamming to obfuscate the real reason, which the mods are not allowed to reveal. I am guessing this site is the same, but with your tip I can not visit board business and get more info.

TNMockingbird, thanks very much for the faq.

DISRAELI and Casandra, thanks for the limit information, and the detailed pictures. I think with these sorts of well-written replies, this site must be better than the one I was banned from.

All, I think there is another method to communicate with people. There is a facebook-like wall feature here that let's you post on any member's page, even if you are under the 20-post limit, like me.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Just to answer my own question for the benefit of anyone else reading this if it came up in a search, the terms here allow them to do anything they want. The only sentences they needed are these:

TAN reserves the right to eliminate or edit any content deemed inappropriate for the discussion boards, news network or any affiliated sites.

We reserve the right to delete any message and/or restrict Posting rights on the message board for any reason whatsoever. Should you continue to Post messages that violate these Terms and Conditions of Membership, your account may be terminated, your ability to access to the Websites may be restricted or blocked, and your service provider(s) may be contacted about your behavior. Furthermore, TAN expressly reserves the rights under the law to take any other actions deemed necessary.

16c.) Multiple Accounts: You will not create multiple user accounts and "talk to yourself.”

Once you are banned, you are banned for life.
That there are so many other sentences indicates that there is some heavy deception going down around here.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I think the multiple user accounts is not about coming back, but not using two (or more) accounts to agree with yourself in a thread or gang up on other members. I have seen members admit that they were on their second accounts, mention their old usernames, etc. (I assume that if the offense is really bad, then maybe you're not allowed to come back at all.)

Also, you get warnings if you break the T&Cs and you can always message the mods if you'd like some clarifications. You can get post-banned for a certain amount of time, and before (when we still had it) you could get banned from the chat.

I've been a member for 7 years, lurked for a couple of years before that, and I've never had a problem with the mods. I have been given warnings for one-liners and participating in thread-drifting (is that a word? hmm) and threads closed for being duplicate, but it was always explained to me the exact reason why.

Now, I'm not saying everything and everyone here is perfect, I just wanted to tell you about my personal experience here as a member so you can decide whether or not you'd like to stay.

In my opinion, the T&Cs allow for reasonable and civil discussions and I've enjoyed my time here.

ETA: I have taken breaks from the site in the past, when I felt like the subjects were getting to me emotionally or when I found new interests, but I come back because I like this place and the community.

edit on 13-3-2016 by Casandra because: Forgot to add something

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Casandra
I think the multiple user accounts is not about coming back...

Thanks for your response Casandra, if it is honest, which I doubt.

Even so, I hope you are right, and that is the rational reading of the words. However, based on my experiences with sites like this one, the terms of service are just an excuse. The mods of sites like this, if my experience is any guidance, feel they are beyond any rules.

originally posted by: Casandra
I've been a member for 7 years, lurked for a couple of years before that, and I've never had a problem with the mods. I have been given warnings for one-liners...

This proves your experiences are totally irrelevant to the issues I'm worried about, which is banning for exposing certain ideas and thoughts that have been deemed illegal by the mods. With all respect, I do think you are in loony land where the mods are fairies and the word "shill" is just a bidding term (as in shill bidding on ebay when another person bids after you but under your maximum bid).

originally posted by: CasandraETA: I have taken breaks from the site in the past, when I felt like the subjects were getting to me emotionally or when I found new interests, but I come back because I like this place and the community.

I have high hopes and very, very, low expectations. See here:

When the truth was actually told though, the doors were slammed shut on a popular thread that vanished like a lot of other threads do.

P.S. What is ETA?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Thanks for your response Casandra, if it is honest, which I doubt.

I'm being honest, what I wrote is my personal experience with the site. Of course other people have had different experiences but I can't speak for them. Also, the multiple account thing I'm not 100% certain, which is why I said "I think". I did see a few people admitting to coming back with different usernames.

This proves your experiences are totally irrelevant to the issues I'm worried about, which is banning for exposing certain ideas and thoughts that have been deemed illegal by the mods. With all respect, I do think you are in loony land where the mods are fairies and the word "shill" is just a bidding term (as in shill bidding on ebay when another person bids after you but under your maximum bid).

I've just never done anything that would require some serious measures being taken against me (attacking a member, posting someone's personal info, etc.)

P.S. What is ETA?

ETA means "edited to add", so people will know which part I edited after I posted.

When I replied to this thread I was just trying to be helpful, by sharing my personal experience and trying to answer some of your questions. Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide to do

ETA: You're only 2 posts short of being able to start a thread outside of the intro forum, 20 is the required minimum. (I didn't know if you knew this. Just letting you know in case you decide to post the info you wanted to share. Sorry for butting in again!
)

edit on 15-3-2016 by Casandra because: Changed some words and added others

new topics

top topics

join